Sign in to follow this  
LukeTTN

Dying for no reason

Today I was playing Dayz on a server BY MYSELF, that's important nobody else was there. It was not a sniper. I had the game in windowed mode so I went to check my skype. when i got back I unpaused my game and then just instantly died.

This needs to get fixed, please don't reply saying it's an alpha get used to it, that's bullshit, everyone is tired of that excuse. An alpha is where the mod gets fixed up, and this is a very big bug. I'm just asking the devs to work on this very soon as it's happened before too.

It's been unclear because people thought it was snipers before from a long distance away and that's why there was no sound. I checked after I died to see if there was a person in the server from after the unpause but there wasn't.

No, alpha is not where mods get fixed up. Alpha is for implementing game mechanics and features. Then deciding what is in and what is out.

Beta is bug squashing.

Open Beta is networking.

Fin.

• Like 4

No, alpha is not where mods get fixed up. Alpha is for implementing game mechanics and features. Then deciding what is in and what is out.

Beta is bug squashing.

Open Beta is networking.

Fin.

Exactly. Case closed.

So you're telling me this bug with many others will have to stay until beta.. That is just idiotic and makes the game unplayable.

Luke I am with you on this one, and lol these kids are idiots. They must have read that bug fixing happens in beta and were too slow to not interpret it literally? What about the bugs that have been fixed thus far? Is that just new idea testing?

Anyway, has happened to me once. However in the last 2 days it has occurred 3 times that I spawn on the coast (as if respawned) but I still have all my gear. Have you experienced this?

• Like 1

So you're telling me this bug with many others will have to stay until beta.. That is just idiotic and makes the game unplayable.

Well, you can always uninstall and wait for the beta or the full release.

It says it's an Alpha mod everywhere, if you think this still entitles you to whine about every little bug then you are wrong.

This is a completely unconstructive post. Look, I've had situations like this happen to me-- turns out the server lagged, bullets flew during the intermission and I unfortunately somehow managed to wind up in the middle of their path. There were no gun shots, there was no warning. I died and I took it like a man and I came back with a hatchet and carved my own back.

Its developers fault, Alpha stage should not be open to the public.

THEN WHY DID YOU INSTALL IT AND WHY ARE YOU HERE. Excuse my impoliteness.

The game is not "unplayable" because you had a single bad run in. Unplayable? I wonder what those tens if not hundreds of thousands of players are doing logged into servers.

I'm really not trying to aggrovate you. I swear. Although I have had a couple beers.

Edited by TheBadger
  • Like 1

Badger you must have not read my post right, There was nobody in the server prior or after my death... This is a big bug and I'm hoping the devs see this and look into it, ofcourse I was a bit bitchy when it first happened to me because that's when I wrote the post. You can't deny that this needs to be fixed fast.

This is a completely unconstructive post. Look, I've had situations like this happen to me-- turns out the server lagged, bullets flew during the intermission and I unfortunately somehow managed to wind up in the middle of their path. There were no gun shots, there was no warning. I died and I took it like a man and I came back with a hatchet and carved my own back.

THEN WHY DID YOU INSTALL IT AND WHY ARE YOU HERE. Excuse my impoliteness.

The game is not "unplayable" because you had a single bad run in. Unplayable? I wonder what those tens if not hundreds of thousands of players are doing logged into servers.

I'm really not trying to aggrovate you. I swear. Although I have had a couple beers.

Well I have installed it cause i like the mod and I want it to success, obviously, or I would not waste time here.

But still alpha version should have not been released.

Well I have installed it cause i like the mod and I want it to success, obviously, or I would not waste time here.

But still alpha version should have not been released.

ok, great argument, whatever you say boss.

Luke, did you manage to make it back to the site of your death? My game froze in windowed mode, my body just disappeared as if disconnecting (was playing with my brother who was right next to me IRL, saw this with my own eyes). Then we saw "__ was killed" message from the server while my game was still frozen. My bro checked the area immediately after (he knew exactly where I was), no body, no flies.

I closed the game, logged back on and had to create a new char.

Edited by milo9d

Today I was playing Dayz on a server BY MYSELF, that's important nobody else was there. It was not a sniper. I had the game in windowed mode so I went to check my skype. when i got back I unpaused my game and then just instantly died.

This needs to get fixed, please don't reply saying it's an alpha get used to it, that's bullshit, everyone is tired of that excuse. An alpha is where the mod gets fixed up, and this is a very big bug. I'm just asking the devs to work on this very soon as it's happened before too.

It's been unclear because people thought it was snipers before from a long distance away and that's why there was no sound. I checked after I died to see if there was a person in the server from after the unpause but there wasn't.

maybe died through heart attack?

Luke, shut up.

No one is forcing you to play. If you have a problem with it, then wait for beta or hell even the full release. Us more forgiving players will continue to play.

We knew what we were getting into when we joined a game in the "ALPHA" phase. Even if it is full of various bugs, it's only for the better of the game in order to fix it in the future and we just have to live with it.

Edited by Vanglory
  • Like 1

It's not really a game, it's an alpha ... you chose to participate knowing there will be many many glitches fixes, loss of gear and other stuff ...

Knowing that when finished you will have participated in the creation of a great game.

Luke, did you manage to make it back to the site of your death? My game froze in windowed mode, my body just disappeared as if disconnecting (was playing with my brother who was right next to me IRL, saw this with my own eyes). Then we saw "__ was killed" message from the server while my game was still frozen. My bro checked the area immediately after (he knew exactly where I was), no body, no flies.

I closed the game, logged back on and had to create a new char.

No I didn't I was pissed off and pretty much ragequit haha, I'm back now with even better gear,

And to people saying I need to accept the fact that there is glitches, I do. This was just a badly worded post as I was pissed off, I made this because I want the devs to know that this isn't just a sniper off in the distance somewhere!

There have been multiple reports of this happening but people just replied saying it was a sniper, but now we can confirm that it isn't. Unless Rocket has put a heart attack function in then this needs to get fixed badly. It's just one of the bigger bugs.