Goodlad118

Re-Implement Starting Pistol?

I just started playing dayz, after watching many youtube videos and have only just realized that the new update has removed the starting pistol, i played dayz today and was killed 3 times in atleast 30 minutes becuase i could not defend myself and its getting really annoying, i know its all "super realistic" and stuff but i just thought it would be a good suggestion! thanks for your time! -Goodlad118

This has also been posted many times, Sorry but your gonna get ripped down, good luck :D

It does kind of suck that you don't start with any weapon but i don't think it takes that long to find one if you know where to look.No weapon kind of teaches you how to sneak past zombies also.

However, starting players with a crowbar would be good imo.

1. Search Bar at the top of forums.

2. Search for why it was removed, and why it will remain gone until developers decide for something better, or different.

3. Don't approach people or large towns unless you want to die.

For getting a gun you have 3 choices.

A). You can try to loot a major coastal city, but with the cost of increased amounts of aggressive players shooting you.

B). You can try to loot a small town or airfield, the chances of running into people is lower, but you also have less chances to get loot such as food, tools or medical supplies.

C). Go north knock up a deer stand and hope for a weapon. But as you are new to the game, good luck finding one. Also, limited spawns means you won't find what you need so survive solo.

Removing the starting gun was a great thing.

I am for a starter pistol with 1 or 2 clips. Reimplement this, Rocket - please!

I just started playing dayz, after watching many youtube videos and have only just realized that the new update has removed the starting pistol, i played dayz today and was killed 3 times in atleast 30 minutes becuase i could not defend myself and its getting really annoying, i know its all "super realistic" and stuff but i just thought it would be a good suggestion! thanks for your time! -Goodlad118

No. Removing it was a good decision.

No one needs a starter pistle. As zombies have changed in recent patche you just run to a big town as soon as you spawn ..let the zombies chase you...doesnt matter how many of them are on you ..just keep running to the town and they wont get you :P Then try lose them at or before the town through a few double exit buildings whilst looking backwards to see if there chasing you after you exit the building ...go crouch walk and proceed to go loot the town. Its the only viable way to play the game now as since being patched from 1.7.1.5 crouching past zombies to look little towns/villages is just a waste of time.

Not sure where the biggest town your looking for is ? well as soon as you spawn keep an eye on the bottom right of your screen for the name of where you spawned ...and whilst your back is facing the shore google for a dayz map and find the town you want to go too and go east/west depending on the town using the shore as the "south"

Edited by Massicor