Sign in to follow this  
produceruno@hotmail.com

A few ideas. :) (lets keep this game real)

A few ideas, though some maybe for the 'later' stage of this project and im not sure how plausible they are.

Sounds in game:

i read somewhere regarding fog, not sure of the outcome but i came across a few facts.

High pitched sounds have a high frequency, which in turns means they have a short wavelength (because velocity = f x lambda). This means that to transmit a high frequency wave lots of air has to be moved back and forth, and very quickly. Consequently the losses / damping effects are high, so the sound doesn't travel very far.

But low pitched notes, with a low frequency and a big wavelength, are moving the air less fast and less often and therefore the losses are reduced. Consequently low-pitched notes as less affected by fog and will also travel further. Hence they are more ideal for a fog horn.

also see : http://www.sfu.ca/sonic-studio/handbook/Sound_Propagation.html

in short yes fog effect sound dampening, but its more to do with the speed of sound due to temperature.

c = (331.5 + (0.6 * T)) m/s

Body armour

Anyway to implement body armour into the game? it would help with the pvp side and in effect would be like 'leveling up' your character. obviously it would work as irl and only protect the parts of the body its covering. this could also wear down after being shot etc. (have a durability)

or maybe even be able to make your own, add different mmeterials into the game. steel (heavy but strong) aluminium block (lighter but not as strong) carbon fibre (light and strong). not sure if the current game engine would allow this.

Animals

i saw rocket mention adding animals. What about infected animals, this could add strategy. ie, i want to loot that building but thiers zombies/bandits thier .... ill lure this raging infected bear over to create a diversion! :)

Camoflauge

Have no ghillie suit? how about a roll in the mud to create your own camoflauge, obviously this would have negative effects also ie. if it rains or you go into water it washes off the mud, if an encumberance system is sorted the extra mud would add weight etc.

Cures + Drugs

If you get infected you should have to create your own cure to heal yourself. this could be down by collecting various items like a syringe, surgical knife etc and you would then have to capture a live zombie and perform an autopsy or study various attributes.

i heard rocket mention creating your own currency... this cure could then be mass produced and used as currency. the ppl taking the high risk of collecting the items needed and capturing a live zombie and taking the time to create a cure would get rewarded well.

Obviously capturing the virus would have to be easier and more wide spread for this work well.

Tents and hiding places

Instead of using tents to store items maybe you could introduce a shovel. burying your items and then leaving markers in trees or on maps etc. this could also lead to treasure hunts... you kill someone, steal thier map, find thier buried treasure of guns etc :)

sorry if any of these have already been mentioned, i have lots more but forgot them so ill add more when i remember :)

making a cure? I guess everyone is a Biologist in DayZ....at least I think Biologist is the word I'm looking for lol

making a cure? I guess everyone is a Biologist in DayZ....at least I think Biologist is the word I'm looking for lol

you dont need to be a biologist, a list of ingredients could be taken from a derelict laborotory or such where a cure was already being revised untill it got overrun. you just then need to find them and mix them....but they need to be hard to get which is why i included the caprturing of a live zombie idea. it adds to endgame features too.

wouldnt it be fun to drive upto a zombie in a pickup and lasoo his ass then drive off with him dragging behind you :) ... maybe just me lol ;p

Edited by produno

A shovel for a small hole to hide say 5 slots of items would be great, Its easy to remember a specific mark without a map. Iv never used the map ingame anyways