Sign in to follow this  
Stukov

SD ammo in non-SD weapons

So I have 6 SD Stang magazines that I'm currently using in a regular M16, do the SD mags act as regular stang mags while in the M16 or do they do less damage/less noise?

What I've been told is that using SD mags in a non-SD gun will make them act as if they were silenced to zombies, but other players will still hear them as if you shot a regular mag of the same ammo type.

they just act normal im sure. but you cant use Normal stanag in a SD weapon. only the other way around

According to the wiki.

If SD ammunition is loaded into the PDW, the gun will not attract zombies although other players will hear it as though unsilenced shots were fired.

I'm reading that on the M4A1 203 version using SD ammo will cause the sights to be off (firing higher than the dot shows) was that why my iron sights on the M16 version was shooting way high? Is this a bug or intended?

I can actually confirm, in the M16203 using SD ammo over regular stang ammo causes the gun to shoot way higher than the sights.

• Like 1

I'm reading that on the M4A1 203 version using SD ammo will cause the sights to be off (firing higher than the dot shows) was that why my iron sights on the M16 version was shooting way high? Is this a bug or intended?

I noticed the same thing. Not only on M4A1 w/ M203, on all M4/M16-series that I used throughout my game experience. Using "SD ammo" in "NON-SD weapon" causes bullets to fly a bit higher than you aim (even on close distances, like 20 m)

If things haven't changed, using SD ammo in non-SD weapons will cause the sights to become pretty useless, but in exchange zombies won't hear the shots even though they sound unsuppressed... so if you really want to be silent, you only need to find the SD version of the ammo that fits into your weapon.

Silenced bullets should travel slower than non-silenced bullets, so the parabolic arc of the bullets should be different. I am sure that the non-silenced bullets are the ones used to calibrate the sights, so that is why silenced bullets do not line up with the sights.