Dr Wasteland MD

Need Medical Assistance? We can help.

Ok the medic is on duty! with no bodygaurds, TROOPER GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE NOW. <_< Anyone else willing to aid me in my mission to earn my wings, add me on Steam: SoulShaper2

Anyone needing me to save them...add me on steam: Soulshaper2 :P

Ok the medic is on duty! with no bodygaurds, TROOPER GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE NOW. <_< Anyone else willing to aid me in my mission to earn my wings, add me on Steam: SoulShaper2

Anyone needing me to save them...add me on steam: Soulshaper2 :P

if anyone needs help, friend me on steam. i'm available most of today. i'm currently in the middle of the map with a vehicle, so i can go anywhere. i have blood, morphine, painkillers, and antibiotics.

On duty now at Cherno, I can reach anywhere near Cherno however, including Elektro and/or Balota regions. Add me on steam (Askar) or send me a PM and I'll get you sorted out. I do have two antibiotics at the moment.

please send a forum PM or steam message as the medics request. it is easier to work out details when they are not public. less risk.

I see messages that your TS server is down. I have a fully functional and vacant Ventrillo server (its mine) that I can provide info for if you guys need a backup server?!?

PM me if indeed its needed.

Edit for: Server is 40 man.

Edited by Scrump

please send a forum PM or steam message as the medics request. it is easier to work out details when they are not public. less risk.

Actually, I'd prefer they list everything except a server here when they need help. It helps medics determine if they're available to assist, the only exceptions should be if you know the medic you intend to PM is free and in your area.

Patients, please list the nature of your wounds and your location (as exact as possible) in your posts for help. Noone is going to find you in the (well over 3000) huge list of servers based on that information alone, and it helps us help you.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your post. Of course the server meeting location should be determined via PM or steam message, but everything else might as well be public.

Edited by Askar
  • Like 1

Medic available for those in need of assistance.

Currently on the East side of the map south of Berezino.

PM here and add on steam if you need help - steam link in sig.

So, here's a little report on one of my most intense DayZ experiences so far, from a patients point of view. And, guys, I've been way too close to the edge this time...

Warning: wall of text incoming...

The story begins in Zelenogorsk, where I was searching the local residential spawns for food and a new tent. Still being injured from previous encounters on my last session, I was down to ~6k blood, but this was a low populated server right now, so what could possibly go wrong, right?

Well, this is where one of those infamous single knockout hits comes into play, as some zombie managed to attack me through a wall and knock me out instantly. Watching my blood level and the progress of the hourglass, I realized that I would probably survive this situation, so I waited to regain consciousness (at ~3k blood), killed the attacker and ran for the woods east of Zelenogorsk. I didn't notice that my attempt to bandage myself after the attack must have been interrupted somehow, until my character dropped to the ground again, somewhere in a residential backyard. It was just for a very short time though, so I decided to log out after bandaging me again, with 1,7k blood left...

Now for the rescue (and let me tell you, it was a tricky one!):

Vae quickly responded to my call in this thread. I joined his server and realized that I must have logged out too early before, because my last position and condition weren't saved correctly. Not only was I still unconscious (only for a few seconds though), I was also still bleeding and the location I gave Vae was about 50-100m off. So I bandaged myself for the third time and made my way towards a chopper hovering nearby. That must have been Vae and his buddy, looking for me. The tricky part is, that the noise of the chopper aggroed a whole lot of zombies. And since they couldn't reach the chopper, they were all coming for me now!

Within a few seconds, I find myself standing with my back against a wall of a house, surrounded by half a dozen zombies, and a lot more closing in. Needless to say that it didn't take long until some of them got me bleeding again while I was trying to fight for my life there. Had ~600 blood left at this point...

The situation seemed hopeless: If I keep shooting zombies, I will bleed to death. But if I take care of the bleeding right now, then the zombies will kill me.

Fortunately, I chose the right path after all... and started bandaging despite the two or three zombies next to me.

Vision was totally messed up at this point, everything is black and white, and way too blurry to tell exactly what was going on around me. While my character was about to finish the bandaging animation, I took a quick glance at my blood counter, and froze...

It was down to 89!

Within a heartbeat, all the turmoil around me faded away and a certain sense of calmness and peace began to settle upon me, the kind of feeling you get when you realize: "This is it, this is the end..."

But then, when I was ready to embrace death, I suddenly heard shots, and the zombies in front of me started dropping to the ground. Of course! I was so occupied dealing with the immediate threat that I totally forgot about Vae and his buddy! Despite the hordes of zombies around us, these two daredevils landed their chopper ~80m away from me, got out and shot the zombie that was just about to deal the final blow to me. I don't think that they knew how close I was to the edge, that if this zombie had punched me one more time, just one more time, I'd be dead. Instead, the bandage animation finished successfully and immediately after that, the adrenaline kicked in again: I will not die! Not here, not today!

Vae, or his buddy, or maybe both - I was too excited to tell at that point - rushed towards me and began with the blood transfusion while I tried to thin out the upcoming zombie onslaught with my m9. And after a job exceptionally well done, they made their escape with the chopper, drawing some zombies away from me, so I could remain in Zelenogorsk and successfully hide from rest of the hordes.

Thanks again, Vae and Gordon! This was the closest I got to death (while not crossing the line) in DayZ so far, and you guys made this story possible. :)

@Vae & Gordon

The only thing that I found quite disturbing after all was your appearance, which - you gotta admit - clearly arouses suspicions...

But that does not belong here in this topic. ;)

Edited by Lynx
  • Like 1

Man, I would kill for a helicopter. Not really, since I'm a medic. But you know what I mean.

The only vehicles I've ever seen or driven in game are my old bike and a tractor I had for half an hour once. It's been my dream since early May to get a helicopter, all I find are these useless rotors and nothing to attach them to :(

Glad to hear of your rescue Lynx. My first experience with medics in DayZ was somewhat similar, where I hurtled aforementioned tractor into a rock at the insane speed of 10 KM/hr and exploded, managing to crawl away (had to bandage twice, kept bleeding) with a mere 97 blood. Posted here and got help quickly, though I was hard to find since I was almost constantly unconscious in some brush.

Days like this are so slow and devoid of patients that it drives me mad, sitting here at Cherno, waiting. Gotta go do some RL stuff but I'll be back in a little bit if anyone needs help!

• Like 1

Any fellow medics around tonight who are still able to log onto 1.7.2.4 servers* and could spare me a dose of antibiotics?

Despite seeking frequent shelter in buildings, using camp fires and heat packs, I finally managed to catch a cold. It's a nice added difficulty, but my current steak consumption may not prove sustainable, and soon bring on the rage of humane treatment for animals advocates.

*Had 1 camp raided, the two tents with antibiotics and weapons looted, both vehicles stolen, another server hit by hackers, another server gone offline, so now down to limited resources, with 4 favourite servers left where I have a tent or more, all of which still running 1.7.2.4., hence my reluctance to upgrade just yet.

Will be back in a good hour. Happy to travel, and provide limited transportation in return via ATV.

Survivor with a broken bone requesting help! I am directly north of the Balota airstrip and medic camp where I got nocked over by a zombie. I am with two friends, on DE 495. Need assistance!

Just occurred to me with sya's post: Do any TMW medics have an ALICE pack to exchange for a Coyote Backpack? It's more useful to one of you.

• Like 1

Survivor with a broken bone requesting help! I am directly north of the Balota airstrip and medic camp where I got nocked over by a zombie. I am with two friends, on DE 495. Need assistance!

I can come there if you're running 1.7.2.5. Give me a few moments to log in and start running.

Nevermind, says that server is 1.7.2.4...

I really need some patients... I'd rather die than not have any more patients, really. If I die now, I'm finally free from my 33 day old character with every item in game and I can do whatever the heck I want when not off medicating people. If I've got tons of patients than I've got something to do with all of this gear...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Askar

I can come there if you're running 1.7.2.5. Give me a few moments to log in and start running.

I really need some patients... I'd rather die than not have any more patients, really. If I die now, I'm finally free from my 33 day old character with every item in game and I can do whatever the heck I want when not off medicating people. If I've got tons of patients than I've got something to do with all of this gear...

We're on 1.7.2.4 sadly, damn, our rescue mate with morphine is starving to death. I guess we can do it. Thanks for the feedback anyways, good luck mate! : )

Broken leg in Zeleno needing fixed! Ladder glitch was the culprit. Have tried PMing listed Medics thru Forum and Steam, but nothing positive in the last 22 hours. Will a trusted Medic please help?! PM if available.

Broken leg in Zeleno needing fixed! Ladder glitch was the culprit. Have tried PMing listed Medics thru Forum and Steam, but nothing positive in the last 22 hours. Will a trusted Medic please help?! PM if available.

I can help you out, if you're in need and if you will trust me, since I'm not in this list.

PM me your Steam ID, if you want. I'm about 500 meters away from Zeleno.

Any fellow medics around tonight who are still able to log onto 1.7.2.4 servers* and could spare me a dose of antibiotics?

Despite seeking frequent shelter in buildings, using camp fires and heat packs, I finally managed to catch a cold. It's a nice added difficulty, but my current steak consumption may not prove sustainable, and soon bring on the rage of humane treatment for animals advocates.

*Had 1 camp raided, the two tents with antibiotics and weapons looted, both vehicles stolen, another server hit by hackers, another server gone offline, so now down to limited resources, with 4 favourite servers left where I have a tent or more, all of which still running 1.7.2.4., hence my reluctance to upgrade just yet.

Will be back in a good hour. Happy to travel, and provide limited transportation in return via ATV.

Was gonna give you anitibiotics but im running 5 :/