Mirza (DayZ)

The Belfast Boys Strike again

So We have Found a New home on Server UK 5. Our group of friends playing Day Z has now grown to 9 people.

Last night 6 of us spawn and meet up at the airfield in balota, after picking up some sweet ass weps we head east towards the city of chernogorsk. As we come up south west of cherno we run to the small house on the hill. Some of us take cover while 2 go in and loot. As we stand outside the house i decide to check out what i can see of cherno with my binoculars.

Just as i was going to put them away i see movement on top of the South Fire Station, I alerted the team that I think ive spotted a sniper searching for his next victim. Only one of us has a LeeEnfield, we argue between us whether or not to take the shot from this distance. I convince my comrade (Pete) that has the gun, that he can hit him this far away. As he kneels to take the shot, i guide him with the binoculars, when we are confident he shoots! The bullet skims past and misses... the sniper hits the dirt to take cover, Pete has lost all sign now but i can just about see him, i guide him again and pete readjusts. Theres a pause, he shoots, the sound of the gun fills the air around us, I wait as I can see our pray through my binos cowering to the floor, until SPLAT i see the blood gush out! we all look at the bottem left of the screen and boom there it is, (what ever the poor souls name was) was killed, I comfirm that it was our kill and the team are over come with joy, and cheer me and pete for the epic kill.

Just to understand the distance of the shot (Thanks to user phEus808, the shot was 560m), ive attached the map showing where we were and where the sniper was.

post-53238-0-53567300-1342774993_thumb.p

And just incase Anyone was at the North west airbase last night around 11:30..... That was us racking around in a yellow hatchback we found on our way. Then we got Session closed...

My name is Jonathan Mirza, I am a survivor living in server UK 5. I am Broadcasting on all AM freqencies. Ive Been alive for 3 days now. If you are out there, if anyone is out there, I can provide food, i can provide shelter, i can provide security. If there is anybody out there, anybody, please. You are not alone.

I am a Legend?

Edited by Mirza
  • Like 4

Hopefully he was a bad man and that was karma, its never good to mutilate noobs :P

When we looted his body, he didn't look like your standard, run of the mill, noob. He had AK, Lee, and just general supplys, From the looks of the crime scene and the previous evidence, Id be happy to say we Did not shoot a noob :P

I Am Currently Sitting in work, Which is in Belfast, Northern Ireland. What can i say, when a games as good as this, Everyone plays it. :D

True :P It's weird. I have always had this view that not many people in Northern Ireland play PC games. More like, Fifa and/or call of duty on the Xbox. I know that's not true, but it's a weird mindset of mine >.<

I have friends that play DayZ and I still find it weird XD

Its sad to say but we are known for our track suit playing Fifa players, but there are alot of us out there that have a passion for "real" games lol.

Where abouts are you from?

Btw if anyone know the rough distance that shot was taken at, let me know cus i have no idea....

So We have Found a New home on Server UK 5. Our group of friends playing Day Z has now grown to 9 people.

Last night 6 of us spawn and meet up at the airfield in balota, after picking up some sweet ass weps we head east towards the city of chernogorsk. As we come up south west of cherno we run to the small house on the hill. Some of us take cover while 2 go in and loot. As we stand outside the house i decide to check out what i can see of cherno with my binoculars.

Just as i was going to put them away i see movement on top of the South Fire Station, I alerted the team that I think ive spotted a sniper searching for his next victim. Only one of us has a LeeEnfield, we argue between us whether or not to take the shot from this distance. I convince my comrade (Pete) that has the gun, that he can hit him this far away. As he kneels to take the shot, i guide him with the binoculars, when we are confident he shoots! The bullet skims past and misses... the sniper hits the dirt to take cover, Pete has lost all sign now but i can just about see him, i guide him again and pete readjusts. Theres a pause, he shoots, the sound of the gun fills the air around us, I wait as I can see our pray through my binos cowering to the floor, until SPLAT i see the blood gush out! we all look at the bottem left of the screen and boom there it is, (what ever the poor souls name was) was killed, I comfirm that it was our kill and the team are over come with joy, and cheer me and pete for the epic kill.

Just to understand the distance of the shot, ive attached the map showing where we were and where the sniper was.

post-53238-0-53567300-1342774993_thumb.p

And just incase Anyone was at the North west airbase last night around 11:30..... That was us racking around in a yellow hatchback we found on our way. Then we got Session closed...

My name is Jonathan Mirza, I am a survivor living in server UK 5. I am Broadcasting on all AM freqencies. Ive Been alive for 3 days now. If you are out there, if anyone is out there, I can provide food, i can provide shelter, i can provide security. If there is anybody out there, anybody, please. You are not alone.

I am a Legend?

Struck again? Who are you again?

• Like 1

Struck again? Who are you again?

..... Its in the title? Lol

Group of us Stay on the one server and play, We Were on Lu 92 But now moving over to UK 5 so just Posting about (for us) and Epic moment in a long list action packed stories for the game that is... Day Z.

• Like 1

..... Its in the title? Lol

Group of us Stay on the one server and play, We Were on Lu 92 But now moving over to UK 5 so just Posting about (for us) and Epic moment in a long list action packed stories for the game that is... Day Z.

I still have no idea who you are, and I've never herd of you -despite your groups name being in the title.

Besides, Dublin is better anyhow.

I still have no idea who you are, and I've never herd of you -despite your groups name being in the title.

Besides, Dublin is better anyhow.

CONGRATULATIONS young Sir, You have been awarded the Negativity award.

Ps. I don't think in any of my posts Ive suggested that Belfast was better than Dublin, so im confused to say the least why you felt the need to bring that up. lol

Edited by Mirza
  • Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS young Sir, You have been awarded the Negativity award.

Ps. I don't think in any of my posts Ive suggested that Belfast was better than Dublin, so im confused to say the least why you felt the need to bring that up. lol

I have heard of The Dublin Boys, aka The Dubliners, from this forum. Which is why I brought D vs B up. Also, their exploits are noteworthy.

Also: It's not negative, its just odd that you would write "struck again"; as though your "first strike" had afforded you even the most remote amount of infamy. I can't be bothered by a second strike if i don't know what the first one was.

Edited by Sister Fister

Btw if anyone know the rough distance that shot was taken at, let me know cus i have no idea....

~560m

• Like 1

I have heard of The Dublin Boys, aka The Dubliners, from this forum. Which is why I brought D vs B up. Also, their exploits are noteworthy.

Also: It's not negative, its just odd that you would write "struck again"; as though your "first strike" had afforded you even the most remote amount of infamy. I can't be bothered by a second strike if i don't know what the first one was.

I Didn't know by titling this topic as "The Belfast Boys...." was going to turn into a dick measuring contest considering I never said we are the best. I accept your View that the Dubliners have posted better stories, but by not seeing or hearing of them myself i cant make that judgement call.

And in regards to "Strike again" That was relating to my first Story post that i uploading at the start of the week for anyone who viewed it. If your really not that bothered by my post? Then why click on my topic and read it? And why follow that up by commenting?

Considering Ive checked out your other posts on other forums Its clear that you just enjoy jumping from topic to topic trolling people. So be my Guest and work away.

Edited by Mirza

Belfast local here too. [No I dont play fifa]

I usually run a server DE 3148, but its being repaired as zap-hosting have had issues of late.

Anyone keen to hook up over ventrillo or skype? on any other servers?

Laters,

Dogs..

Great story! I didn't know the old Enfield could shoot that far! Do you have to compensate for bullet drop with that rifle at that range? That is a great shot! I just don't get the part about you "broadcasting on all AM frequencies" You may have to explain this to me when you have a chance!

Thanks!

think ill pop on UK5 sometime then

edit: just seen when the first post was....goddammit

Edited by spuddels

Good to see a few other Belfast players.

My Clan have a server if any Irish/UK players want to join up. There's usually a good group on.

PM me if anyone wants details, or look up Clan hL.

cheers.

Another Belfastian here, well an immigrant from Banbridge (not a trackie wearing fifa lover) We are llike a secret society!

Generally play on UK 11 but now that i see your on UK 5 i may lob a wee molotov cocktail over the peace wall!

Edited by D-Etnie