CookieJar

How about leaving a trace/note ingame?

Hey fellows,

I was wondering how you would think about an option to leave traces or notes in the game, visible to other players. Just imagine you got a colour spray to mark a certain way for your friends, or you could put up a trap for bandits. Another nice thing would be to leave notes, so survivors would be able to interact much more - like leaving a note in a house you just looted through, telling where you want to go, or leaving tips for beginners, or... Well, just let your imagination play.

Hope we will get some interesting opinions here about that, it is just something that came across my mind recently, and i didn't find any thread that lead towards this.

• Like 6

YES! This idea, I've always thought about it but never wrote it down. As usual people should be able to remove the notes, but yeah. And you need a piece of paper and a pen, probably they're combined together and you can find them in residential buildings.

Forums are full of similar ideas. I hope Rocket is aware and preparing something. Try searching forums for "journal" to find other ideas.

Forums are full of similar ideas. I hope Rocket is aware and preparing something. Try searching forums for "journal" to find other ideas.

Thanks for that, just read some topics about it now. But still the idea of using colour spray or something similar to mark an area is kinda missing, and I think that would be a great way to lead someone in a certain direction, especially if the one to be lead uses a vehicle, or even a helicopter.

These marks would vanish due to heavy rain, or at the server restart for marks within buildings and such. It also might be interesting to implement a kinda transparent colour that only glows in the dark.

Dont like the idea, It would just waste server resources.

That's the main problem I guess, finding a way for it to minimize resources. I have to admit that I can't estimate how much such notes/marks would stress a server, but I think this should be possible if the spawning chance of the related loot is kept low/balanced since it's also possible for a thousand zeds to spawn.

I just think this would improve the organisation between players through opening a whole lot of new possibilities to communicate. This way it would be much easier to create an organisated structure of players on a server.

And thanks for your beans/likes. (y)

I'd love to be able to do this. That way I could leave a note in the guy's tent I found nearby mine that tried to shoot me the other day. Imagine coming back to your supposedly-secret tent and finding a note that says "I'm watching you..."

As someone who doesn't like to KoS, this would be perfect revenge.

Got a similar topic running, might wanna check it out, the link should be in my signature.

All you did was bump a dead thread lol. Funny how many people got this brilliant idea the day War Z was announced.