Sign in to follow this  
Yarrick68 (DayZ)

Server Difficulty and Player Behavior Question.

So for those that have some decent playing time on all the server types my question is do the different server types pull in a different type of player?

It might make sense to me that the griefing COD kiddie type players would stay away from servers that didn't have crosshairs, 3d, and nametages but I might be wrong.

Do people in Expert servers feel there is more co-operation or the same amount as a regular server? I would like to hear some opinions on it.

What about Veteran servers? is turning off crosshairs but keeping 3d better or worse than a regular server for player co-operation?

Do you think players of certian age ranges gravitate to certian types of servers?

I've played roughly 80+ hours on mixed servers and I have yet to find even one guy who wants to cooperate with me :(

So no, my conclusion is that everyone is doing the "Shoot on Sight"-strategy and server difficulty has nothing to do with anything.

I play on a veteran server whilst my friend players on regular.

He likes to shoot everything that moves and is way too stubborn to do anything else.

I play a situational game style, if I just spawn and I see someone at balota airfield with they're AKM and Alice pack I won't shoot, but if for some reason I am starving or in need of something you have I may shoot you depending on what I need. But I do like my 3rd person veiw, I don't get motion sickness that way.

I have had a few times where people were kind and helpful. Yes I have been shot a lot too...lol Recently I came around a corner and only had a crowbar and two guys were in a hallway and shot me in the leg and I crawled back into the room. They wanted to talk and see if I was friendly and they fixed me up. We chatted a bit they got me a transfusion and a weapon and we ran around the 3 of us for an hour looking for gear. We even ran into a player that shot at us and we as a group returned fire and eliminated the threat.. so yes it can happen and it was a lot of fun.

I've played roughly 80+ hours on mixed servers and I have yet to find even one guy who wants to cooperate with me :(

So no, my conclusion is that everyone is doing the "Shoot on Sight"-strategy and server difficulty has nothing to do with anything.

You haven't met me and my band of merry men.

I play on a veteran server whilst my friend players on regular.

He likes to shoot everything that moves and is way too stubborn to do anything else.

I play a situational game style, if I just spawn and I see someone at balota airfield with they're AKM and Alice pack I won't shoot, but if for some reason I am starving or in need of something you have I may shoot you depending on what I need. But I do like my 3rd person veiw, I don't get motion sickness that way.

you can turn off the head bob.