Sign in to follow this  
papageorgio7

For those who don't know, ghillie suits

With the newest patch, if your wear one:

you will keep your items

you will lose your stats until you re-log, but you will be without your ghillie. (it will be in your inventory)

if you wear it again you will loose your stats. (never ending cycle, until patched)

That is all I have found so far. :)

Yeah I know people who have Ghillies and have experienced no problems. I haven't heard of anyone losing their stats due to wearing a ghillie.

Maybe OP lost his stats every time and decided that everyone has the same thing?

Maybe OP is assuming too much. >:(

-MONSTER

• Like 1

Last time I put a ghillie suit on:

- My mate saw me fly 100m in the air

- All I saw was my avatar fall though the ground, and start swimming ...

- My entire inventory & backpack content dissapeared

Never found one since ... :'(

Just got given one today buy a mate, its fine I didn't notice any bugs (hell I even got NV goggles).

Its just so awesome! I wish that it covered your shoes though, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Edited by Mr Zee

All I said happened in the last 4 hours

I found a suit and put it on (knowing all the claims of missing gear)

I instantly went from 3rd person(i was checking for changes if you must ask) to first person and from primary to secondary weapon

In that same time I saw my stats go from 159 zombie kills to zero.

I re-logged and it was as if nothing happened. Ghillie suit in my inventory.

Maybe OP lost his stats every time and decided that everyone has the same thing?

Maybe OP is assuming too much. >:(

-MONSTER

no offense but maybe you should read the most recent patches' change log before you assume you know what your talking about.

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Changelog#version_1.7.2.3_.28Hotfix.29

I instantly went from 3rd person(i was checking for changes if you must ask) to first person and from primary to secondary weapon

Changing clothing appears to reset killcounts/murders, and reload all magazines. It's not the act of wearing a ghillie suit, it's the changing to it.

It happened to me a few days ago, after I looted a ghillie suit off a guy in cherno (he wasn't wearing it when I shot him). Had the server not crashed a couple of hours later, which for some reason erased both mine and a friends progress for the night (we'd journeyed up north together) I'd still have it and be able to test it. I'm currently trying to get another.

Changing clothing appears to reset killcounts/murders, and reload all magazines. It's not the act of wearing a ghillie suit, it's the changing to it.

It happened to me a few days ago, after I looted a ghillie suit off a guy in cherno (he wasn't wearing it when I shot him). Had the server not crashed a couple of hours later, which for some reason erased both mine and a friends progress for the night (we'd journeyed up north together) I'd still have it and be able to test it. I'm currently trying to get another.

That sounds more like a de-sync issure, but the same symptoms. I have always been were I logged out.

That sounds more like a de-sync issure, but the same symptoms. I have always been were I logged out.

We were traveling for approximately two hours with our existing characters (we had them before joining this server). After the server crashed, we were back to where we had logged in with all the gear we had before joining that specific server.

As for the ghillie suit, after killing its former owner I had one murder to my name. I equipped the ghillie once to try it out, and then removed it. After my friend later asked me whether I had a murder or bandit kill, I checked again. Not only was it wiped, my zombie kills were no longer as high as they had been before (I had killed zombies since removing it). I noted, also, that all my magazines were completely full as well as my flares and chemlight stacks. Tested it again by draining all mags slightly, and re-equipping ghillie. It reset mags on wearing, and again on removal.

Obviously didn't get a chance to check stats after wearing and relogging, but will do when (if) I find another camo/ghillie outfit.

We were traveling for approximately two hours with our existing characters (we had them before joining this server). After the server crashed, we were back to where we had logged in with all the gear we had before joining that specific server.

As for the ghillie suit, after killing its former owner I had one murder to my name. I equipped the ghillie once to try it out, and then removed it. After my friend later asked me whether I had a murder or bandit kill, I checked again. Not only was it wiped, my zombie kills were no longer as high as they had been before (I had killed zombies since removing it). I noted, also, that all my magazines were completely full as well as my flares and chemlight stacks. Tested it again by draining all mags slightly, and re-equipping ghillie. It reset mags on wearing, and again on removal.

Obviously didn't get a chance to check stats after wearing and relogging, but will do when (if) I find another camo/ghillie outfit.

That actually is exactly what happens to me

I can post a video tomorrow to prove it to those that do not believe

seems like ghillie suits are time travel machines now

You can also eat it. Great source of fiber.

I've been wearing mine since I found it in 1.7.2 and had no problems whatsoever. I did not play for 2 days, though.

It seems that the ghilie suit is currently disconnecting your character from the hive. It would explain the rollback of entire sessions when equipped.

We're a squad of three and no one of us had any problems putting on the ghillie suits. (before they've been removed from the loot table)

Just registered here to agree that the ghillie suit has been disconnecting me from the hive. Anything/everything I do after I put it on is not saved. I always spawn the instant before I put the ghillie suit on

Today i put on a camo suit and all my kills/murders reset to 0 havent logged back on yet to see if im where i left myself but i know 2 nights ago putting on a ghillie suit done the same and also stopped me from loggin into some servers and from being able to loot, it also reset to where i first put it on and lost all the gear i had gotten while wearing it including my first 24 slot pack i had only had for 5 min ><

Edited by OriginalPsg1

I put all my stuff in a tent before I put a ghillie on, just to make sure. I lost another ghillie suit and GPS (that I put in the tent) nothing else. Strange.