Sketchz

Ready for Dogs in Day - Z?

Another thing i would like to see is dogs will give out some sort of signal when zeds and other players are close by.

Hmm.. umm... -- nah, forget about it. ^_^

Burnt into my memories forever.

-MONSTER

I like to play as stealthy as possible... and that means no AI helper! I predict people getting killed more when trying to work with a rather uncontrollable, unintelligent partner.

this is a stupid idea and will ruin the game lol, will be funny to shoot other peoples dogs yeah!!!

ROCKET IF YOUR READING THIS DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL RUIN THE GAME <!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND ZOMBIE DOGS WOULD BE QUITE GOOD AND SKETCHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS A GOOD IDEA !

this is a stupid idea and will ruin the game lol, will be funny to shoot other peoples dogs yeah!!!

ROCKET IF YOUR READING THIS DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL RUIN THE GAME <!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND ZOMBIE DOGS WOULD BE QUITE GOOD AND SKETCHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS A GOOD IDEA !

How is this a stupid idea? Ever heard of the term a mans best friend, is his dog? Watch the movie I AM LEGEND and it really shows what that saying means.

Alot of people really wish to have dogs, Id love to be able to have a dog come with me, maybe when we are able to do that underground building that Rocket has been talking about, we could like leave him there or something, and your dog could protect your house if some unwanted guest comes in when your not there. Just an idea

Well, there we go.

Lets get the forum already for "My dog didn't Alt+F4 with me/A Bandit killed my dog/AAARGH DOGZ R FUKED/Dogs are broken" threads then.

At least all the dickhead sniper threads crying about their glitchy dog got them spotted and killed will be fun.

Well, there we go.

Lets get the forum already for "My dog didn't Alt+F4 with me/A Bandit killed my dog/AAARGH DOGZ R FUKED/Dogs are broken" threads then.

At least all the dickhead sniper threads crying about their glitchy dog got them spotted and killed will be fun.

I still think it would be great to have a companion to come with you, maybe when you sneak so will the dog, i dont know, It can help attack, U can revive it using that Epi pen? I dont know how Rocket will implement it into the game,

Will you name him Max and speak German to him? Because if you don't, he won't survive any kind of conflict.

-MONSTER

I love that famous quote.

I still think it would be great to have a companion to come with you, maybe when you sneak so will the dog, i dont know, It can help attack, U can revive it using that Epi pen? I dont know how Rocket will implement it into the game,

Good idea about the epi-pen. I hadn't thought of that.

Love it. Named my own GSD "Samantha" after I am Legend.

I'd take her in my corner over most people.

Idea to make dog "ok" with your clan mates: Approach person, mouse wheel, "sniff", or something along those lines. After that the dog would not act aggressively towards that one individual. All others within it's los would be met with aggression.

Love it. Named my own GSD "Samantha" after I am Legend.

I'd take her in my corner over most people.

Idea to make dog "ok" with your clan mates: Approach person, mouse wheel, "sniff", or something along those lines. After that the dog would not act aggressively towards that one individual. All others within it's los would be met with aggression.

Yeah i thought something like that, or if we do get those underground buildings, have like a friends list of people it wont attack. like Clan mates and friends.

I hope they chase those damn leg breaking rabbits. He'd have to shout "Squirrel!!!" and bolt after it.

I think it's a dumb idea. More IA to process, means less fps for me. Let's see how it works.

awww this will be so much fun when combat logging gets removed, rush from the tree's 'down on the ground drop your weapons!' pops 2 shots into the dog, rifles through thier backpack looking for goodies(remove all food), sets up a campfire guts the dog and cooks it, then force them to eat thier own dog ... then shoot em in the leg and make em crawl to town .. all the while sobbing over loosing thier lunch .. i mean best friend

Edited by stuffnthings

If you shot my dog I'd charge at you like rabid bear with no concern for my own life :)

Having dogs in the game sounds interesting to say the least, not sure if i like the idea or not yet. Look forward to finding out what they will be used for, like maybe sense danger that u didn't know was near you like another player maybe or maybe could tell if the person you meet is a bandit that has killed lots or a really good survivor etc.

If dogs become in game pets and need to be fed and given water or they would die (despawn).

If dogs could be used as npc's to protect or provide early warning to camps.

If dogs can cause zombie agro if you are not careful.

If dogs can be given the "Stay" command.

If dogs can be given friend recognisability options.

If dogs can locate and direct to nearby food sources/animals

I'm with it.

If dogs can track (scent trails) enemy players.

If dogs can be used to immobilise enemy players.

If dogs can be used to draw zombie agro away from an area so the player can enter.

If dogs can be used to locate enemy players prone or hiding.

.... not so sure about. a little over powered.

• Like 1

Yeah, what exactly can these things do? Are they going to be pets or what?

inb4 dogs revealing player positions, buggy ai that attacks nearby survivors immediately (forget teaming up), Usain Bolt's at zombies on sight.

Can't wait.

It will probbably work like an ARMA 2 squadmate. Play some campaign and familiarize yourself with the AI controls.

Guess who's going to shoot everyone's old yeller? this guy right here. Hide yo' gear, hide yo' dogs, cause im shooting everybody out here.