Dronin

UK8, New Server

Hi Guys,

We have just put our UK8 server up!

There may be teething issues although we have sorted a lot already, and thanks to all the people who have put up with the restarts and what not.

Server is run on a spanking new i7 quad with 20 gigs of ram on a 100mb/s line!

Our server rules are:

- English language only please, it creates a better community if we all speak the same lingo

- 150 is the max ping, sorry, we want to try and keep it as lag free as possible, ArmA has enough issues already

- Any exploting or suspected hacking is obviously a no no!

- Have fun! we all have enough boring stuff to do with education and work!

Our Promise to you survivors and banditos is!

- We will not kick people active in the game to make space for admins.

- We will do our best to give notice before any server restarts in order to allow people to get safe

The playstyle is:

- Spotting off

- Crosshairs off

- 3rd person on

If there is any feedback or suggestions please send me a message on the forum or the #DayZ irc.

Please be aware we are 100% behind Rocket and his team, and therefore will keep the server up to date with the newest patch try to adhere to their guidelines

Thanks for your time and hope to see you guys on the server

Regards

UK8 Admin Team

Nice! I'm make sure to drop by when I get the chance. It always good to find out there's another server really close to you.

No russians spamming the chat ?

Coming right now !

We have several admins on regularly, so far we haven't had much Cryllic spam.

Russians are welcome to play on our server, we just ask they speak english in game.

Lets hope the russians keep to it, every server I join is swarmed like an infection with russian speaking people.

Will you be running a reverse cycle? (I heard that IS an option?) so that night = day etc? making it playable at night?

at the moment most EU players flock to the US servers to get daytime at night.. and vice versa..

We won't be changing the time settings. I have yet to see any (working) European server during peak (dark) hours drop very far from full.

Also, our team prefers the dark ;)

Faithwolf we were considering a shorter day night cycle, perhaps 6 hours... to allow people a bit of both

but that is under discussion, it is also very difficult to implement at the moment and we would have to wait for Rocket to endorse this idea before we go ahead with it

Actually' date=' Faithwolf we were considering a shorter day night cycle, perhaps 6 hours... to allow people a bit of both

but that is under discussion

[/quote']

I wasn't aware that was possible!

You never mentioned the difficulty settings. I absolutely refuse to play on any server with nametags on since they allow people to spot you through bushes hundreds of meters away. The setting that allows you to see your exact position on the map (including location of nearby people) at all time is also a big no no. Third person is bareable but I'd rather not have it.

There's not enough veteran servers, and it's at veteran settings that the game truly shines.

You never mentioned the difficulty settings. I absolutely refuse to play on any server with nametags on since they allow people to spot you through bushes hundreds of meters away. The setting that allows you to see your exact position on the map (including location of nearby people) at all time is also a big no no. Third person is bareable but I'd rather not have it.

There's not enough veteran servers' date=' and it's at veteran settings that the game truly shines.

[/quote']

Our current settings are:

Crosshair: OFF

Nametags: OFF

Third Person: ON

EDIT: Also the map thing, I don't even think there is supposed to be a setting to turn that on. That is a bug.

There's not enough veteran servers' date=' and it's at veteran settings that the game truly shines.

[/quote']

Our current settings are:

Crosshair: OFF

Nametags: OFF

Third Person: ON

EDIT: Also the map thing, I don't even think there is supposed to be a setting to turn that on. That is a bug.

No it is not a bug. The setting has existed since the days of Cold war Crisis and is called "Extended map info" in Arma 2. If I'm not mistaken it's on by default on regular unless turned off individually.

I had assumed it was disabled for DayZ, in any case no one appears on the map on this server.

I have a complaint, Surge didn't want to cuddle :( I feel really offended. Also whatsup with the server crash dudes? :D

I have a complaint' date=' Surge didn't want to cuddle :( I feel really offended. Also whatsup with the server crash dudes? :D

[/quote']

We've only had the server for a couple of days, its being a bit wobbly. Also hi Rko ;3

Because I didn't get a cuddle I died while logging back in :( Hi Macenzie :3

The server crashes a ton dudes :(

Aye, we're having all sorts of issues at the moment.

I do hope you stick around and bare with us. I would like to shoot you again ;3

The server crashes a ton dudes :(

Aye' date=' we're having all sorts of issues at the moment.

I do hope you stick around and bare with us. I would like to shoot you again ;3

[/quote']

I miss my M24 :(

Lol RKO, 4 shots, 4 hits @ 450m+ on NW Airstrip last night. Non alt-f4'd either!

I don't like the M24, just holding it til i get my hand on a nub cannon (DMR)

oh and feel free to pry it from my cold dead fingers ;-)