Sign in to follow this  
resistence1993

why does everyone hate tthe idea of duel weapons

ok well i cant remember where but i have read once or twice on these forums people sugesting duel weapons and in no time everyone on the forum seams to transform into 28 days later infected full of rage screaming/capslocking GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY

but seriously why do people hate the idea of using dual weapons i think they can be very usefull in some situations

here is my tally for the reasons why you might duel weild pistols or small smgs

pros

the chances of both guns jaming at the same time would be very low

you can shoot at multiple oponants at the same time lets say if one is to your top right and the other your top left you can shoot both

this is a extenion of the last pro if you have two guns then if your in a standoff situation you are nearly as usefull as two people

your rate of fire doubles with two guns

your ammo capcility doubles aswell

you can use diferent guns in each hand

you could use diferent ammo types ine ach one for example armour piercing for zombies hollow point for humans

cons

duel wielding lowers your acuracy and range so its mainly a close range weapon like a shotgun

you have to hold two guns instead of one if they are heavy it could be tiring

reloading could take a little longer

you wouldent have a free hand to open doors interact with objects etc

i think overall the pros outweigh the cons for close range ingagments anyway but i would like people to give there opinions on it

Because people like you are the ones who want them.

• Like 3

Here's some really big cons:

The engine is not built to handle dual weapons.

It would take an entirely new set of animations, scripts, etc.

It would require an overhall of the already glitchy inventory system

The manhours and work it would take to implement it would take away from the precious dev time needed to already fix existing bugs and implement promised features.

The new code required to implement dual wield would likely cause more bugs than its worth.

• Like 4

Things like this should be added when the game is in good shape as being buggy and non-laggy stable.

Another post that if I facepalmed any harder my children would be born with broken noses

Duel wielding pistols isn't a real thing. *

* This isn't the wild west.

• Like 1

No. There. I didn't have to troll or use caps lock to express my opinion. Stupid idea is stupid.

Generally speaking; there is almost NO tactical advantage to dual wielding weapons; save for the fact that you put more bullets down range, but with awful accuracy- that doesn't really matter. There's a reason no one does it in the real world unless they're being an exhibitionist.

Let me go through your "pros" one by one and point out why they're all flawed.

"the chances of both guns jaming at the same time would be very low"

Currently the game doesn't support guns jamming at all anyways. So...relevance?

"you can shoot at multiple oponants at the same time lets say if one is to your top right and the other your top left you can shoot both"

Um... last time I checked you only have one crosshair and one mouse. You cannot, using the current engine or any other engine that is in mainstream use (if it exists at all), accomplish this double aim mechanic that you're talking about.

"this is a extenion of the last pro if you have two guns then if your in a standoff situation you are nearly as usefull as two people"

The advantage of two people isn't the fact that you have two sets of bullets flying through the air. It's that you have two people in two locations who can fire from different locations. Yes firepower is helpful...but since when does it take more then a few bullets to kill someone anyways?

"your rate of fire doubles with two guns"

Yes... but my above point asks the question...why is this necessary? It doesn't take much to kill someone in the first place. Unless you're flailing around just spraying bullets everywhere, this is not much of an advantage.

"your ammo capcility doubles aswell"

No...actually your ammo *consumption* doubles. Not your capacity. And technically your ammo capacity should decrease since you're trying to carry two sidearms...the assumption being that those sidearms are taking up space that ammo would've used.

"you can use diferent guns in each hand"

Great pro...

"you could use diferent ammo types ine ach one for example armour piercing for zombies hollow point for humans"

Armour piercing? For infected *humans*? I'm confused.

• Like 1

Lol.

But seriously, go back to call of duty.

• Like 1

You've obviously never fired a gun nor have any clue what force on force with firearms is like.

If you're going to add dual weapons you might as well add ninjas and laser eyes. Using morphine to fix broken limbs is bad enough as it is.

You've obviously never fired a gun nor have any clue what force on force with firearms is like.

If you're going to add dual weapons you might as well add ninjas and laser eyes. Using morphine to fix broken limbs is bad enough as it is.

What about ninjas WITH laser eyes? I support that idea.

the absolute only pro to duel weild i can think of, is not having to reload in the midst of a fire fight/zombie attack. but doing that i wouldnt be using both at the same time, if i could carry two guns, and bring one up as the other empties, maybe it might be worth it.

for that matter, would love for some assult rifles to have twin mags.

i have fired guns on many ocations here are the ones i have fired

2 diferent 1911s

2 diferent 357 magnums

2 9mm pistol

2 diferent 22 pistols

2 diferent 22 rifles

3 diferent 12 guage shotguns

i fired all of these guns of multiple ocations at diferent shooting ranges and im very acurate i have never fired one handed or duel wielded but i dont see why you couldent and why it wouldent be effective in close quarter situations

and i have seen youtube videos of people duel wielding glock 18s that each fire 20 bullets per second fine

Edited by resistence1993

2 diferent 1911s

2 diferent 357 magnums

2 9mm pistol

2 diferent 22 pistols

2 diferent 22 rifles

3 diferent 12 guage shotguns

i fired all of these guns of multiple ocations at diferent shooting ranges and im very acurate i have never fired one handed or duel wielded but i dont see why you couldent and why it wouldent be effective in close quarter situations

and i have seen youtube videos of people duel wielding glock 18s that each fire 20 bullets per second fine

I'm typing with this with my hand which went through my face via extreme palming.

Calling bullshit here. If you have ever fired a pistol you would know why dual wielding would be completely and totally useless.

• Like 3

It would not at all be effective to dual wield weapons in a realistic setting. This isn't CoD: bullets matter and your accuracy will go to total poo.

You also realise the only time in history that people used 'dual wielding' was in the wild west when pistols only carried 6 rounds. Even then, they still only fired one gun till empty and passed the other to the shooters strong hand, effectively doubling their rounds. John Woo has fucking ruined people.

I think the map should be about 50 times smaller, we don't need food or water, and when we respawn we start out with whatever weapon we want.

dual weilding would be pointless as you would be technically not able to ADS and shoot accurately with them.