robertg

How long can you survive w/o food/water?

I wanted to know how long the actual time is that it takes you starve/dehyrdrate. Wondering if anyone has a guestimate, or actual time. Thank you.

It depends on quite a few factors (e.g. moving vs resting, body temperature, shock).

I have never bothered to try timing it myself, because I tend to eat and drink from the loot that I find whilst exploring and keep what I have as a back-up.

• Like 1

I ran from kamenka to the NW airstrip non-stop without food and water. Idk if that helps

Edited by Dvious

If your full bore sprinting It took me about 50 minutes to get to red flashing thirst, but only had mild hunger pains so it comes and goes really, even then with the dehydration and all that, death is still slow because it goes through the process of losing blood so if you have full health mine was dropping by about 50 every 10 seconds so you have awhile still after that hits to still survive

Yeah, it take awhile, and much longer if you're crouch running, which you should be doing anyways. I feel dying of thirst and hunger should happen much easier, needed to focus more on food and water than weapons, but then we'd need beans and a soda on the shore to get started. At least have detramental effects when low on either, such as inability to run, passing out, etc.

Be nice if the weight of what you are carrying influenced your need for hydration and nutrition.

Passing out would be a good idea for thirst, even having that weakened state when you've lost alot of blood or are in shock, not the whole grey screen cant see anything, but the shakiness and the blurred vision from pain from dehydration and hunger.