Sign in to follow this  
EpicScout

How do you password protect your server?

So my friend is setting up a server and I want to help him out so how do you password protect a server?

YOU CAN'T WITHOUT GETTING BANNED AND YOUR HOSTER WILL STOP HOSTING WITHOUT REFUND.

Read your Terms of Service you tard!

Seriously, do people just go and throw money away just so they can have it taken away without a service, JUST because you're too lazy/ignorant to read your terms of use?

Edited by Caviano

I'd suggest you go to the server forum catgegory and read up on the server hosting rules.... particularily the one about how locked/passworded servers are against the rules and will be blacklisted by the devs..

Wait then why have I seen password protected servers that have been up for awhile?

Wait then why have I seen password protected servers that have been up for awhile?

Ikr? They say they're doing their best to investigate them, they don't like blacklisting servers.

You and most of the forums wonder that.

So my friend is setting up a server and I want to help him out so how do you password protect a server?

YourOADirectory\cfgdayz\server.cfg

password = "YOUR_PASSWORD"; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server