Sign in to follow this  
C0pyRyte

Mod Question

Can I use DayZ if I buy Combined Operations on Amazon?

Most of the installation tutorials I see, are for people who bought it on steam.

its easier to install it on steam but the boxed edition works fine, its just slightly more difficult to install

its easier to install it on steam but the boxed edition works fine' date=' its just slightly more difficult to install

[/quote']

I got the direct download :(

You can use DayZ with Combined Operations from Amazon.

However, you will not be able to live with yourself, having bought it from sale, from a crappy company like Amazon. Good people buy it directly from the BI Store :P

However' date=' you will not be able to live with yourself, having bought it from sale, from a crappy company like Amazon. Good people buy it directly from the BI Store :P

[/quote']

I hope you aren't a Apple fanboy who wants to destroy Amazon and the free market :P

I get lost at the add "-mod=@dayz" to the target line.

Do I add it to the beginning of the line or end?

Here is what the line says at the moment..

"C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\ArmA 2- Operation Arrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Arma2OA.exe"

Where do I add it?

However' date=' you will not be able to live with yourself, having bought it from sale, from a crappy company like Amazon. Good people buy it directly from the BI Store :P

[/quote']

Steam store looks like much more friendly to russian players (because we have a lower prices, than others) :P

I get lost at the add "-mod=@dayz" to the target line.

Do I add it to the beginning of the line or end?

Here is what the line says at the moment..

"C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\ArmA 2- Operation Arrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Arma2OA.exe"

Where do I add it?

your target line should look like this in the target line.

"C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\ArmA 2- Operation Arrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Arma2OA.exe" -mod=@dayz -nosplash -world=empty

the extra parameters just make loading a little smoother.

[/quote']

:D

Personally I always buy from the developers store if possible. Sure might not be on sale but at least you know the largest amount of money goes to the developers that way and not to some shit company like Amazon :)

I bought my copy of ArmA 2 from Amazon Direct Download and I recommend it to everyone. The download is practically an ISO copy of the discs, which I like much better than Steam. If BI has an issue with Amazon they should take it up with them, otherwise I will buy my software where ever I find it best/cheapest. Let the Free Market Rule!

So I downloaded Combined Ops.. Installed them both, then installed the patch.. Before the patch, I ran the game and it was fine, but after the patch, the game interface is f*cked up. It's all white/blue and the words are misaligned. I would take a screen shot, but when I press print screen, it takes a picture of my desktop, not the game -_-....

Any tips before I do this all over again?