ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

DayZ is awsome, has a really good concept in gameplay. The game also can have SILENCERS made by TAPE and PLASTIC BOTTLES even CANS as part of survival.

The most obvious places to find weapons and armory are Military bases and temporary out posts, but also places like police stations and as well as government facilities.

Medication in Hospitals, pharmacies, and even in schools with medical staff. There should be Malls and storage facilities with plenty of fun goodies. If there is a way to fortify areas. Ambulance with plenty of meds, and Firestations with axes.

An Auto Mechanics shop full of tools and vehicular parts.

Crossbows and Bows N Arrows, with reusable Arrows, and Constructable Arrows and Bows from the woods with the use of a knife, including Bows made by animal bones. Wires or the Thread from either shops or nature.

How about grouping up with friends? "party" etc like in wow? would make it alot easier when playing with friends..

Put more random themed vehicles (like helicopters). You can enter a city and find an ambulance, or a police car, or both, or none...

Inside cities:

- Ambulances: medical stuff.

- Police cars: police weapons.

Roads:

- Delivery trucks: Food, beverages, car parts.

Some friends and me collected several suggestions (for the stand-alone) we think are interesting. We'd be glad to read some opinion from the DayZ community. Sorry for the mega-post but since these advices are many and various, I tried to organize them in the best way so everyone can read, scroll and comment easily.

Transportation

- Sidecars: quad bikes are cool, but not as much as the sidecar. I mean, in a game like this, set in a post-soviet land hit by a zombie apocalypse, with broken roads and such a spirit of adventure... where are the great sidecars?

I think should be great making it one of the few vehicles (or the only) on which a passenger can shoot from.

- Seaplanes: An airplane may be too much advantaging in this game. But what about a seaplane? I think it's so exciting to find a seaplane: it increases the spirit of adventure and there's no way it can be offensive as long as it bears no gun. Also, it lands only on water (so it may have its advantages, but not as much as a common plane) and it keeps a particular sense of humor. Could spawn along rivers and big lakes mainly, but also on the coast.

- Handmade rafts: If chernarus will be enriched with rivers and large lakes, might be a good idea the possibility to create a raft with ropes and logs. Would be very useful to run down a river quickly by its current, or rowing as well on lakes.

- Horses: With all those farms, dirt roads and open fields the game ask for horses itself. Horse should spawn as a normal vehicle (maybe a bit more common) around farm and villages, needing a saddle to ride it (a normal loot as tyres and scrap metal for example). It should run at the max speed of 60 km/h and need water (lakes) and/or hay (farms, hay bales) to perform long distances as the vehicles do with fuel.

(Random) events

- Aircraft carrier (crashed): I think the sea/ocean in this game is not exploited enough (more like, at all) but it has a great potential. For example, what about to place a permament (or random apparing) aircraft carrier ran aground somewhere offshore? Personally I consider this one of the best suggestions, because expand the experience also in the open sea, where survivor distrust to venture (cause there's nothing to find).

The primary question is: it has to be random as an heli crash or stuck forever hundred meters from the coast? I won't dilate too much about this suggestion, because there are so much things to write that it will result in a separated mega-post. Spawns, shelters, zombies, vehicles, weapons, exploring... and so on. I just thing that's a must-have.

- Cruise liner (crashed): It's the same as the above, but in a civilian way. Well... Rocket, what are you waiting for?

- Derailed train: it's the same as an heli crash site, but it finds its locations on rails around the region. Could spawn different loots (and zombies) and let the surviros exploring wagons and carriage looking for them. Also, it's possible to design different types of trains/wagons, for example military ones, civilian, medical and supply.

I noticed that rail lines are located only along the coast. I suggest to extend a bit the binaries throughout the map with train stations and tunnels.

- Wrecked tanks: Since chernarus host a devastated, large military force called in to contain the situation, should be destroyed tanks that can spawn randomly like the heli crashe sites. Maybe they could spawn along main roads of chernarus and inside towns instead open fields.

- Random isles and islands: another way to exploit the sea it's to make a random island spawning system. Should be like 10/15 models of island (coming with different sizes, loots, buildings etc.) that come into sight while sailing. For example, a prison island, a hamlet, a holiday resort...

Might also be permanent, I'd just love to see more islands!

Class-making clothing

May be interesting if uniforms, suit and clothing also give some active advantages. Here i explain what i mean:

- Soldier uniform: It provides some slot added to inventory (3 maybe; not backpack) and gives you a little mimicry due to its colors.

- Medic comrade uniform: Allows you to invest much less time for all medications to yourself and players and get 1 antibiotic when worn for the firs time.

- Special forces clothing (Spetsnaz): Gives you the possibility (40-50%) to get a bit less damage from weapons and explosions. Attention: I wrote "a bit less", not "prevents all the damage from bullets". So I thing the percentage has sense

- Hazmat suit (aka NBC suit): Gives you a percentage (25-30%) to get considerable less damage from zombies, and same percentage to avoid blood losses (only zombies).

- Sniper suit: Simply very mimetic as it is now, and I think would be great if it adds also camouflage fabric to every weapon equipped (except pistols), as long as the player wear it.

I've already noticed that lots of players dislikes the % advantages given by clothing, but I think would be cool if they gives you some abilities like the medic comrade one (less time for medications) or the NBC. Btw I think up them mostly for the "magnetic card" or "ID badge" that grant you an access to restricted buildings and facilities around the map (see below)

Buildings and facilities

- What about if the uniform/suit you found gives you also 1 access (by an ID Badge) to restricted areas and facilities? In my opinion that would be great. Can be for example a nuclear power plant or a genetic research centre that got damaged during the infection and if you wear a NBC suit you are able to explore it without get harmed by radiations/pathogens. The same thing can be performed with the medic uniform: grant you one access to the medical department of some facility as well. The soldier uniform will let you cross the threshold of that big and vast military base that you always yearn for. I've talked about an only 1 access per uniform in order to keep these places legendary and impassable, as long as give you big and various advantages.

As suggested, ID Badges may also spawn as very rare/extremely rare loots apart from uniforms. This would be ok for me anyway, I just think that would be more realistic to find them in authorized personnel clothing.

- Civilian airport: Not so much to say 'bout it. Should be large, complete and interesting as the real ones (maybe with crashed planes)

- Armory: Sounds good to me to place an armory in every main city. Obv, it must be a civilian/sporting armory, not a military one. So it can spawn in high percentage ammo and pistols, and in low percentage shotguns, crossbows and hunting rifles. It's a zombie apocalypse... we need armories!

- Police department: Make the same job of the armory, but it's bigger and can also spawn in low percentage sub machine guns. Moreover, it hosts much more zombies.

- Mines + caves: A dark, cramped and intricate series of tunnels and underground passages that grant you assemble a safe shelter, or reach another place by passing through them. What about zombies, torches, stalactites and worn-out trails?

Equipment

- Spike strip/caltrops: It's basically a chain enriched with thick nails that are able to pierce vehicle tyres (one, a couple, etc.) by putting it on road. Can be used to ambush an oncoming vehicle and can be removed with the toolbox. Another option might be caltrops that can be spread on the road by throwing them.

- Personal diary: I realized that lot of players love to tell their story on forums, blogs ecc. So why won't feature an in-game diary that allows them to trace their life day by day? Every survivor lives a different story and a large number of situations: it'll be a pity that everything get lost once he dies. He should have a lot of interesting things to tell, and maybe you'll find he wasn't that kind of person you initally thought he was. This game is strongly based on emotions, and this feature can add an important shade in that sense.

It'll be also useful to write memos and can be left around until someone else found it. Why remain anonymous when you bear the power of writing?

Zombies

- Some zombie model should show them mutilated or partially mutilated: one hand, a feet, an arm etc. This should enrich the horror side of the game. I mean both when you shoot at them dismembering them, and zombies that spawn already mutilated or somehow injured.

- Many more types of zombie behaviors needed. Current zombies are too much predictable and boring. For example, some could just stay still showing their insanity until you annoy them, others can be really slow, but turning their eyes around much faster (or be just really slow but stronger). Some could try to grab your arms in order to block you, others can target you running at you, then change suddenly the target or run away.

And so on...

Weapons

- Tranquilliser gun: I bet this has been already suggested 100 times, but I want to do my part.

It's a primary weapon that shoots one dard per time, causing a progressive feeble screen shaking and color fading. If not cured with something after 1 minute, the player hit by the dard will fall unconscious for 15-30 seconds. After that, the effect will vanish anyway. Good for silence action and hunting but not for killing. Dards slot in inventory like the crossbow and provide not many damage (100-200 every hit). Spawns only in farms and deer stands, with a low/med percentage.

- Cal .50 pistol: A rare and very powerful handgun that can compete with rifles and other primary weapons due to its damage potential. It should slots as a primary weapon. I suggest this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEi_m5jqak0

or the hackneyed and boring Desert Eagle.

- Non-lethal flashlight: It was my first suggestion to which I dedicated an entire detailed post. It's a non-lethal weapon that incapacitates zombies and players You can find it here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53608-suggestion-high-power-flashlight-as-non-lethal-weapon/

- Combat kinife (bayonet): A knife that player uses to harm as a melee weapon. Can be used as a bayonet on several rifles with a bayonet coupling (clutch).

Rarity: uncommon (military, industrial). For the bayonet coupling: rare (military)

- Bow: simply a common bow, useful to kill silently. Arrows slot in inventory like the crossbow, unless you find a quiver.

Rarity: uncommon (residential, farm). For the quiver: rare (residential, farm).

- Baton: a melee weapon adopted by the police.

Rarity: rare (military, industrial)

- Knuckle-duster: the only way to make your character throwing fists.

Rarity: uncommon (residential, industrial).

- Pitchfork: should be a classic in a game like this!

Rarity: common (farm), uncommon (residential, industrial)

- Pickaxe

Rarity: rare (farm, industrial), uncommon (mines, if they will ever be implemented)

- Decoy grenades: Very useful to disorient other players or zombies by making them hear gunshots from another direction.

Rarity: rare (military)

- Molotov: Of course this has been already suggested 1,000,000 times. It requires a jerry can and an empty bottle to be crafted, plus a box of matches for the ignition.

Gameplay

- I think would be good if a personalization of the weapon will be implemented. In particular for scopes and silencers. Should be 3 types of silencer: one universal for the pistols, one for the sub machine gun and one for the rifles. Sniper rifles, light machine guns and shotguns should remain unsilenceable. Silencers and scope must be rare (miltary)

- The spawning system when reconnecting should be improved. If there's already a player near you while reconnecting, the character should be moved and spawned in another area that's safe. So many times, especially in cities, happen that players reconnect behind you or near you. So you can get killed by someone super-easily, or kill him as well. This is noticeable mainly when you are sniping on a building. Someone else spawn behind you and you die, or he spawns on another roof you already checked and shoots you instantly.

Those were our suggestions. Let us know what you think!

Edited by A.Shephard
  • Like 2

More weapons! Make them weight based and pros and cons like compact machine guns and sniper rifles, you can run alot faster with the compact smg while the sniper slows you down

Edited by Chasangus

Adrenaline

Blood trails

bootprints and tracking

abiloty to lock and barricade doors and windows

ability to break locks with crowbar and barricades with that and ax

ability to remove scopes and mods and jerry rig them to ALL kinds of weapons

zombofication infection chance. Find old frienda and put them to rest!

graves amd headstones - ability to truly bury a corpse

from this, the ability to really dig

dragging living or dead bodies plus objects for barricades

multichannel radios

use of bare hands

improvement to physical fitness over time and activity

rope for all of its uses includong tying up players

ability to make documentable missions

destructible walls

ability to break specific bones

swim underwater and chance to drown

keep chance to lose items but givw us the ability to "tighten pack straps" to prevent loss; degrades based on speed and fast movement

pitons and the power to climb

planes (non military)

trains to be armored or customized as invaluable bust risk mobile fortresses

drugs - sedatives, cigarettes to stunt hunger

ability to use regular objects like hunting knife, flashlight, chair etc in melee combat

batteries and generators plus ability to engineer

dismemberment and more realistic gore

eyes partly adjusting to darkness

• Like 3

Adrenaline

Blood trails

bootprints and tracking

abiloty to lock and barricade doors and windows

zombofication infection chance. Find old frienda and put them to rest!

multichannel radios

use of bare hands

destructible walls

keep chance to lose items but givw us the ability to "tighten pack straps" to prevent loss; degrades based on speed and fast movement

planes (non military)

drugs - sedatives, cigarettes to stunt hunger

ability to use regular objects like hunting knife, flashlight, chair etc in melee combat

Good suggestions. I especially like blood trails/footprints. That would add more to gameplay so beans.

I have expanded these suggestions to some extwnt, and added many more!

COMRADES! If you like what you see, keep your beans and post instead! I only wish for Rocket and his team to have the opportunity to read what is below - nothing more! Not all of these ideas are perfect and many of them have been mentioned before

Adrenaline - increased speed and strength in life threatening peril, with exhaustion following after

Blood trails and pools

bootprints and tracking

ability to lock and barricade doors and windows

zombofication infection chance and a very very rare antigen. Find old frienda and put them to rest!

multichannel radios

use of bare hands

ability to leap out windows

planes (non military)

drugs - sedatives to incapacitate, cigarettes to stunt hunger

chemistry and agriculture

bullets do greater damage against living creatures, and less vs the undead (except headshots) making them the true menace they are

setting wild fires

ability to repair damaged structures

zombies that can break through windows and barricades through strength of numbers

addition of whistles, bells and birdcalls

ability to dock boats and lock vehicles (can still break the windows to loot though)

ability to verbally shout, giving direct comm much greater range but risking detection by zombies

• Like 2

Standalone Suggestions

• #1 Smooth animations and animation blending, like batman AS or the upcoming mgs ground zero

• New climbing ladder animation.
  • Just walk in to ladder to climb, no mouse scrolling and clicking.
  • Address teleporting issue when climb ladder anim is initiated
  • walk in to door to push open. physics operated door.
  • melee attack at any movement speed
  • analogue control of movement speed, with the ability to creep super slowely, just like special forces.
  • silent/stealth kill eg. choke/stab
  • CQC hand to hand combat like mgs3/4, grab, throw, human shield, cut throw, interogate, punch, parry etc..
  • Hug tree and blend in like arnie in Predator
  • use mud and natural materials to craft camo
  • evasive roll all directions, or evasive hop while standing upright, to avoid fire at close range
  • climb objects, trees
  • Gun handeling like indie game Reciever

• Long bow (Confirmed by Rocket already)
  • Footprints, making tracking possible
  • batteries for, nvg, thermal, torch etc.
  • play dead
  • Survivors can use zombie walking animations to fool other players
  • Build tree house, or nest for concealment
  • Long bow/ also catch fish with bow
  • Blow Gun with poisonus darts
  • Ability to use hunting Knife as weapon (MGS3 style)
  • throwing knives
  • Infection by bite, turns to zombie. Once killed, must become zombie for 20mins or until kills survivor
  • Non lethal weapons. (Tranq gun mgs)
  • Choice between bare foot, boots, sneakers etc. Each has different consequence for noise produced and what surface can be walked on
  • Fishing in lakes and rivers
  • more traps, (craftable)
  • use gas oven in houses to cook
  • loot found in realistic places, eg, food in fridge or cupboard, axe on wall in fire station, guns on rack.
  • base building, both over and underground with watch towers and machine gun nests. Need this so i can perform sneaky inflitration missions ;)
  • in game CB radio/walkie talkie like Acre mod. Communication between players may encourage team work as opposed to shoot on sight mentality.
  • active repairable power plants

Edited by freeman83
  • Like 3

Hey everyone, I thought I would share a few of my suggestions that I think would make DayZ a more immersive and fun game to play :)

I know these have probably been suggested a number of times before but I do not have the patience to go through all the pages to check haha.

Well, because Dean Hall has been talking about gun durability, perhaps guns could be repaired if parts were found. But, if there are going to be gun parts in the game, why not add variants of gun parts? So say and M16 has a 20 inch barrel standard, say you could find a 22-23" barrel which would increase your guns accuracy, but perhaps make it heavier which slows your movement slightly or increases the speed at which you lose food/water. This could also mean that you find a certain part of the gun which can be used in more than one (say m4 and the m16) and therefore can be used to repair different guns. There could also be many of parts of guns that could be swapped out to say, increase/decrease fire rate for more or less control at the expense of more/less firepower etc.

However, not any average Joe is going to have the knowledge or tools on how to disassemble and reassemble guns with different parts. So perhaps have your character be able to learn about these things, and would have to acquire the appropriate tools or visit a gunsmith building.

If this is going to be done, some homes could have gun cabinets in them. These gun cabinets could be host to normal guns, or randomly (and very rarely) have customised guns in there. This could require a certain toolkit to pick the lock of the gun cabinet (or be able to search the house and find the key for the cabinet), most the time to be disappointed and find nothing or a few mags/rounds of certain guns, and very rarely find a gun that's be customised to hell and has badass parts. This would really add reasons to check more average homes and would add a little back story to each home, showing whether the owner was a gun enthusiast and liked to customise his gun, or some homes didn't have a gun cabinet at all.

Another suggestion of mine would be different ammo types and mags. So currently in DayZ there are normal rounds and SD rounds. Well there could be all types of ammo, incendiary (or dragons breath for shotguns, meaning they are even more effective) to produce a burning effect on target which could mean that 2 hit kill weapons would only take one bullet and over time the burning effect could kill or seriously injure the target (be it zombie or human). Humans could stop this burning affect by the "stop, drop and roll" method, which is easily done in DayZ. However zombies could be distracted in will then run around randomly trying to get rid of the burning, but not knowing how (seeing as they are brain dead haha)

Another ammo type could be FMJ. Say body armour was brought into the game, FMJ rounds could penetrate the armour whereas normals rounds would not penetrate all the way through. The body armour would obviously have the be fairly hard to find otherwise this could unbalance the game by a fair amount.

Holo-point rounds. These rounds could be used against people/zombies without body armour and have a greater damage effect, but would have more trouble penetrating against body armour.

I know Dean has also talked about changing the way ammo is found. If I understood correctly, I think he meant you could find a certain caliber of ammo, and then produce mags from that. Meaning, you could refill half empty mags, and create new mags out of your bag of rounds. I think this could be balanced out by having to find the mags first, then being able to fill them with ammo from your bag instead of being able to magic up a magazine from putting bullets of the same caliber together lol. So, if this could be done, why not be able to find different types of mags such as beta mags. http://goo.gl/S1XF3

This would allow even more customisation of your weapon. Plus, if this method of creating mags would be implemented, why not be able to find bandoliers around the map to store even more ammo (plus make your guy/girl looks like a badass) http://goo.gl/BaXXF

And, my final suggestion. New guns! I get fairly bored of finding the same guns in similar places. (Shotguns and enfields in farms, makarovs and m1911's in houses, M16/AK in deer stands/ military camps.) Add in some more variation of weapons. More handguns, more military rifles, more shotguns, more snipers. I know this would be hard to add into the game considering all the work that has to be done to add in guns to a game AND to get the game out by the end of this year, but it doesn't all have to be in there on release. They could be added during the game's like cycle to refresh it and make your character feel more like an individual, rather than a character that has been to the NW airfield and has found an L85 AWS and AS50 and now has nothing else to aim for, simply because they have some of the best guns in the game and there is no need to find different guns.

• Like 3

Dayz Physics!!!!

Shoot a zombie in the arm with a high powered rifle and it should come off right?

Great thread, and the reddit one looks great too. Let's be careful not to turn the game into an MMO, but short of that it's all gold.

Temperature should be more critical, and affect you more.

Wants snow and more weather effects - already mentioned obviously.

If dogs are implemented, they should react to the weather. They could be more aware when downwind. And they should be terrified of thunderstorms. Most of the time a well-trained dog would be an advantage, but in a thunderstorm they can't be controlled, won't take orders and want to be by your side all the time, and would howl, giving your position away.

Edited by buttersoft

The ability to create custom bands, patches and decals to attach to any skin, and making skins "smart," meaning that skins would only retain the patches or decals sewn to them and they would not carry over to other skins the player would wear unless tbey were so sewn to that new outfit. This is not just useful for Clans. Witb so much of DayZ encapsulating a persons morality. and personal character, these patches could range from a Bandit displaying their murders on their chest to instill fear, to an old man sewing the cross to his back as a testament to his faith in God and Humanity, to the cocky young lone wolf stitching a bullseye into his beanie, or even a wandering doctor sporting.g a frayed red cross on the thigh of a ghillie he uses to travel without being seen.

Maybe, fewer zombies that are harder to kill? Same speed, larger sound aggro radius. I think it would make zombies a bit more of a danger/gank deterrent.

Maybe add some military npc fortresses? They take your guns while you're inside or something? Sort of a faux-safe-zone?

Dangerous wildlife? (Wolves, bears, ocelots, rabid lemmings, etc.)

Working camoflage? Tree climbing? Digging?

Destructible buildings? Or, sort of a Frostbite-esque partial damage system? (I just want a peek-a-boo hole to shoot out of.)

Team-forming and seizable resources/bases? Parachuting, squad vehicles/aircraft, and specializations.

Different types of food and location-based loot spawns? (Hardware in hardware stores and cakes/bread in bakeries.)

Less zombies?? Boooo, terrible idea! Same number or more AND harder to kill! :D This is meant to be Hell on Earth not a cakewalk!

I really hope that they amp up the level of disturbing realism to the game. it is the realism that makes this game frightening. instead of ghosts and the unexplained supeenatural, enhancr sound design. Explore the true horror of reanimated corpses and the cerebral decay of the dead. How chilling would it be to see a little boy running at you, its only whole arm outstretched at you as he tries to speak but no longer has the intwlligence. All that's left is a fading conception of speech, trying to say the last word he wanted to say beforw death "Duhduhduhduhduhduhduh!!!!!""DAD! DAD! DAD! DAD!"To give zombies a ghostly shell of what made them human, betond thwir human body, is what rocketed Zombies into thr annals or Horror History in the first place

• Like 1

Less zombies?? Boooo, terrible idea! Same number or more AND harder to kill! :D This is meant to be Hell on Earth not a cakewalk!

I really hope that they amp up the level of disturbing realism to the game. it is the realism that makes this game frightening. instead of ghosts and the unexplained supeenatural, enhancr sound design. Explore the true horror of reanimated corpses and the cerebral decay of the dead. How chilling would it be to see a little boy running at you, its only whole arm outstretched at you as he tries to speak but no longer has the intwlligence. All that's left is a fading conception of speech, trying to say the last word he wanted to say beforw death "Duhduhduhduhduhduhduh!!!!!""DAD! DAD! DAD! DAD!"To give zombies a ghostly shell of what made them human, betond thwir human body, is what rocketed Zombies into thr annals or Horror History in the first place

Players Can Contract Virus From Zombies & Need Antibiotics To Stop Infection

I'd like to see zombies be able to infect you. Whenever you're attacked by a zombie you have an X% chance of being infected. From here on you're temperature will slowly rise as the virus progresses and your fever continues to increase. This will give you X amount of time to find antibiotics before you turn. When antibiotics are administered it would stop the infection but if you contract it again from another attack, same process. Your team mates will have to make a decision as to how long they wait to put a bullet in your head as if you turn without notice, they risk also being attacked and infected.

Infected Players That Aren't Administered Antibiotics Will Have Their Character Turn Into An Infected Zombie NPC

Which brings me to my next feature. Players that are infected by the virus will turn into reanimated zombie NPCs if they are not treated within a certain period of time or shot in the head. This will add to the game by giving team mates a decision to make as far as, how long do they search for antibiotics before they shoot an infected teammate in the head for their own safety. Or do you give them your antibiotics when you may need it later. This adds more realism and more decisions that will allow you to really become engaged with the game. It adds to the story you and you're friends are creating. When the infected player turns and becomes a reanimated zombie NPC, he will act as regular zombie and attack anyone near him. This could be a bad situation as he will turn without warning.

Adds A Realistic Way Of Spawning New Zombies

Not only will it add that extra element but it also gives a realistic way of spawning zombies. Being that zombies are expected to be a much higher threat in the standalone, player deaths by zombies should be more common and would be a great way of keeping the zombie number up while spawning them realistically. Plus if zombies are killing many players in an area, this is probably a hotspot and there should be a greater number of zombies in the area.

Running Into Your Old Character or Friends'/Teammates' Character As A Zombie On Same Server

It would be cool to go back to a server and run into one of your old characters and or teammates'/friends' characters that is now lurking the server as a zombie. With more character customization, you would easily recognize the character who is now an Infected NPC.

Edited by Lights Out

Having people turn into zombies would realy be nice.

I'd also love having spraycans or some form of paint. That way it would become easy to camouflage structures or identify them as belonging to someone specific, e.g. putting a clantag up a wall. Flapgs, banners or deployable shields would compliment that...

Maybe I'd just love to put a mine directly infront of a sign "Warning Mines"

I have some ideas about vehicles

Right now the map doenst really make sense. It is littered with vehicles that all looked like they got strafed by an AC130

I think thats due just to the models available but it would make much more sense if every vehicle is theroretically repairable. What varies is the condition of the vehicle. Occasionally you would find one that someone had stashed away in a garage and so is in good condition. Most would be almost useless save for scavenging parts required. This would eliminate the current situation of all the vehicles being snatched early and forever hoarded up north, leaving most newbie teams out of luck if they want one. I think fully rescuing and repairing your vehicle would add to the sense of attachment. Maybe with a large and instanced underground base you could have a small garage.

my other suggestion is for a train. I think its been discussed, but basically at the moment a train is sitting in cherno. It would in my opinion be fucking awsome if that train moved. If it required only fuel and was restricted to the coastal rail lines there would always be at least one vehicle that new survivors could play with. Buddy spawns in Kamenka? np just grab the train off the bandits using it to pillage by way of an epic train heist and go grab them. It would remove the risk in say taking a bus because any asshole can destroy the bus or take it up north killing your fun. The train would always have to be somewhere along the tracks. I jsut think it would fule really interesting palyer driven moments.

Edited by Shagohad

Chance for infection from zombie hits. Clothing has a general protection rating. Leathers! (motorbike style) they would give fairly good protection. Ghillie suit? poor protection. Undies? :)