ruarz

Suggestions for the DayZ standalone - thinking outside of the limitations of an Arma 2 mod.

That is what I am talking about I think that is a really cool idea and that there shouldn't be classes but skill but I still don't think it will be in the game though it would be really cool and I have mentioned it in my post above of thinks I think should be in the game

For being and old DayZ gamer i´ve been contribution with ideas and help to dayzwiki. But there a problem about the blood-bag system, you need to be two. After the script kiddies, cheaters the game went so bad in the RP post acocapylse world.

So my idea is to work around a nice system of blood-bag, make them rare och harder to get. Once you get it you can use it on yourself, thats really close to reality. This still will give a higher procentage for good guys to get help and minimalize the risk to get killed. Even if you get shoot at you can still run away. But once you use a blood-bag it goes empty, to fill it you have to get another guy to fill it with his blood. Still the close interactions is aviable. Sure it should be a penelty for transfusion blood like that, what that would be is up to the community or dev.

It seems that everyone has ignored my massive post on page 50 :( so could I please have some comments and please read it all the ways through :D

Okay, here's a suggestion of my own. I have read the main post and the start of the fight right after it, but I didn't read all of what followed the next few pages, so please excuse if this suggestion has already been made.

As a former soldier, orientation is much too simply in my opinion. The major three parts, I'd change would be:

1. Electricity is affecting your compass. I know, most power lines should be turned off in DayZ, but if you're near to some strong electric power source, it should draw the compass needle towards it, leaving a very slight possibility for players to completely lose themselves if they are near them while checking their compasses.

2. Change the cloud movement. Always moving east is too much of a give away. You shouldn't be able to rely on that.

3. Let us check the wind direction. Important for trajectory of snipers and it can also tell us how the wind smells. Like an option, with a little wet finger in the air animation that ends up with a message like:

"The wind blows slowly from the 3 o' clock. I smell salt in it." (Telling us the sea is at roughly 3 o' clock)

or

"The wind blos with quite some force from 7 o' clock. I can smell burned wood." (Could be a campfire.)

If someone's cooking some meat, it can be smelled for some time, making it absolutely sure that in the last 5 minutes (for example), there had been a player (or still is) at 7 o' clock in a max distance of 500m or something like that.

Joe Freedom these are some really cool ideas and here are my thoughts on them.

1.This would be cool but if they add generators which I believe they are then you cold use your compass to find enemy bases as it would be attracted to the electricity given off by the generator.

2.More wind related things will be put in but the way the clouds go east is related on the fact that the jet streams almost all go west to east.

3.Your smell idea is really cool though I think that there will just be a portable wind gauge for the snipers(or anyone else)though that would be really cool.

Sorry if I come across doubting or harsh but those are my thoughts

Please can a have a comment on my post :( I did a lot but still no one has replied!!!!!! :unsure:

Edited by ParkourLawyer

This I am almost certain has been said before but these are some of my ideas. I cant wait for the game to come out so I can get it. Hoping it will be out for Christmas though my hopes are fading :o/ :(.

*Snip*

is your comment you filthy beggar. Edited by DiazWaffleCrabstro

This I am almost certain has been said before but these are some of my ideas. I cant wait for the game to come out so I can get it. Hoping it will be out for Christmas though my hopes are fading :o/ :(.

1.You have the ability to climb trees and(though you would need to have a piece of rope or a piece of clothing to do so).The ability to free climb and go mountaineering would also be very cool (this was suggested before by DaGolem on page 37).

2.You can break branches of of trees and make/get a long/short stick that could be used to bat away/kill zombies.

3.I think tracking should become more a part of the game. I think that people's tracks should be visible and they should stay for over a hour. I also believe that car tracks should be visible for much longer than that.

4.Bows should be implemented not crossbows but normal bows(I think rocket has said he is doing this but not sure)and you should be able to make them from wood and string in the forest(though home made bows would be very crude,less accurate and the home made arrows would be do less damage.

5.When you walk up to an animal or it sees you it should run away making it a challenge to kill with a hatchet like most people do. I also think that there should be more animals and onto a main point (I am not quite sure about this) I think there should be hostile animals in the wood so instead of just walking along with no fear apart from other players and hackers teleporting you to your doom there should be creatures like wolves, bears and snakes.

6.You should be able to jump over walls (only if they are at head height)and peak round corners in first person view basically like the SMK mod for Arma2 .

7.Guns should be very rare (does 7/10 people have a pistol in there house and ammo lying around) so its more like 1/20 people have a gun and only 1/25 have any ammo.

8.There should be bolt cutters and padlock along with more wire fences and wire-cutter. There should also be the ability to hide items in the ground with a spade or entrenching tool though there would be a small mount of dirt (though you could break of some branches and hide the mount under that(that means adding spades) or hide them in plane sight just out of reach like a bear bag.

9.The ability to fight bare handed or with a piece of rope(go up behind a sniping bandit and throttle him to death getting lots of good gear after having nothing.

10.Wounds stop bleeding after a while but if they are not bandaged then they have a chance of re-opening the wound.

11. If you kill a bandit it doesn't count as a murder(not sure if it is already implemented) and if a bandit shoots at another player you can shoot the bandit and it not be murder.You would know that they had been shot a using someone's :huh: idea of having a invisible bubble around yourself and if a bullet went inside your bubble it would count as self-defence if you shot and killed the enemy player.

12.More food in game,like apples and berries and stuff that you might find in the forest or on trees/bushes.

13.Bulletproof vests(which aren't completely bullet proof but can stop bullets and you take less damage from being shot.

14.The ability to surrender (you press a button and you drop the gun you are holding and your aide arm on the floor and take the magazine out).The ability to disarm people(take there guns and have them scattered around the player,like the possible surrender just the player being robbed doesn't drop there weapon it gets taken from them.

15.The ability to tie someone up(You are getting robbed and you decide to fight back you attack the robber and knock them out(doesn't mean that you have to be unconscious) and then tie them up with your rope. They can get out but it is like a minute long animation so if you are captured and try to escape you can't just untie yourself and get away with ease).

16. I'm not quite sure about this but skill. I Know I know,I don't mean it like you think I do.Instead I think it should be sort of like this. At the beginning of the game you can go straight in with one of the set backgrounds or you can design your own history(like mount and blade) and then in game you slowly get better at things but only a tiny amount so that it should be more I am good at this in real life (I'm a good medic) so in game you don't need help. e.g. I spend 3 hours killing zombies with a hatchet I become more proficient in two-handed weapons(you deal 2% more damage). This is sort of like the Project Zomboid skill system(take a look and you will understand).

17.This is just a cool little idea.You should spawn in and be clean shave or in the case of a woman short hair. The longer you survive the more hair you have so if you see someone with a short beard they are a reasonably fresh spawn and if you see someone with a long beard or long hair then they have been alive a long time.

18.If you become a bandit you are not stuck with a scarf round your head and can take it off. This means that there may be more player killing as less people will kill on site(the are less people with eh scarf round there head(the bandit skin) and so you won't kill them straight away).

19.You should be able to take clothes of dead people(you kill a ghillie guy and you want his ghillie so if this was put in you could take the ghillie and the guy would go back to normal clothes).

20.You shouldn't be able to run for ever(have a limit on how far you can run/sprint say 45 minutes of running and then a hour of jog then 2 hours of walking until you need to rest and then a quarter of that time until you can do those things again)

21.You regain blood over time and if you have used a blood bag you get a empty blood bag that you can fill with you own blood or someone (so it can be re-filled) the more you re-fill a blood bag the more chance of getting a disease.There should also be blood types in game so not all blood can be used on you.

22.More melee weapons and the ability to get swords and if you have just picked up a sword you have slower swing time and you take a step forward every swing(this gets less and less the more you use it)three more things about swords. You should be to have them in a scabbard at you side or tied to your belt. You should be able to practice with your sword where you do a little mini-game where you have arrow-keys popping up on your screen and the more correct arrow keys you press in time the better you get. You have to sharpen your sword so that it doesn't get blunt and do less and less damage.

23.More low tier vehicles that are almost fully repaired or only need really simple things. e.g. a wooden row boat that only needs some wood(a wood pile/planks)which you can easily find or get.

24.Having belts or pieces of rope that you can have round you waist to hold a sword(as above) or pistol.You could also make a sling(for your gun) out of rope so you can use a melee weapon or do a action without putting away your gun.

25.You need to sleep(this can be done when you disconnect)not quite sure how it would work but still think it should be in there.

26. Being able to run over the roofs of buildings and be able to jump from roof to roof(to a extent)you should have a boost ability so you can boost another player over a wall and then they could pull you up too.

27. being able to drink from a water source with your hands(though you have a high chance of getting sick) and if you put water in a bottle it still has a high chance of making you sick though you can purify it.

28. Booby traps and lots of them(they all have different effects e.g. and warning booby trap that sets of a grenade or a harming booby trap that well hurts you)

29. A bag you can hold which has lots of slots in it but it means you can only hold your secondary when you are carrying it and you are far slower.Though you cold put it down and use your gun if necessary.

30.A full black tactical(black) night ops suit. This is fully black and is sort of camo so you are very hard to see. There should be military grade night ops suits that can be found in military bases(and are one of the more common military loot spawns)there should also be the ability to make your own night ops suit though it would be lower quality.

31. You should be able to use basic paints and mud to camouflage yourself and your vehicles. You could also use this to dull down the colors of clothing though eventually it should wear off (depending on what weather you are in e.g. mud would come of faster in rain than in the sun.

32.More realistic hunting animations and more variation in the landscape like the hunter(more animals and the ability to track

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked these ideas could you please tell me what you think and give me a comment.

Many cool ideas here, especially the one about surrendering / disarming.

Thanks I really appreciate you commenting on my post adn teh surrender/disarm is one of my favourite ideas

Loving this thread :) a lot of good suggestions from what I have read.

A personal feature I think would really add a nice twist to the experience would be a sewer system in the major cities. It could be implemented via the underground base building system Rocket is speaking of. Here is my thoughts on how this could work.

Manhole covers takes about 5-10 seconds to open and enter the sewer system.

Higher chance of catching some sort of disease if the proper gear e.g. gas mask is not worn.

Some buildings have manholes in their basements.

This will allow for a stealthy approach, but associated with a bit of risk.

Sharx that would be so cool :) it would add so much to the game and so many more covert missions into the cities it would also make so many more escape routes from enemies and if you are following someone then it would become harder as there are way more ways to get away.

Really cool idea Sharx and it would add so much to the game I hope it gets implemented

Edited by ParkourLawyer

One more idea that I missed on my page 51 post is that DayZ should be a living hell and that it should be very hard(not impossible though)to live on your own(this would encourage teaming up and less banditry).

Your are probably all thinking that it has been said before and it has though I don't think that it has been said on this thread so take a look at this thread (the idea is explained way better though it is a little long).

http://dayzmod.com/f...-a-living-hell/

I hope you agree with the idea thanks.

p.s. don't forget to look at the linked url

Edited by ParkourLawyer

Parachute should be something to find, not something which everyoneone has is his pocket. Parachute should take 5 slots in backpack and have to be folded after use(if you want to put it to backpack and use it again). There should be posiibility to fast-rope from helicopter.

I think this is a fantastic idea. But i have to admit. It seems like if you added everything you listed here(Not counting things that are existing already) like the medical system and stuff if would seem a little....what should i say too realistic because if you make a game too realistic it becomes....not as fun.

Just my opinion.

BUT! If you took a little bit of everything you listed here and just peppered it onto the standalone i know it would be great. :thumbsup:

Infected(Zombie) behavior/attractions, smell, hygiene

Perhaps if you leave raw meat in your bags to long, then it gets rotten and smelly more to us. but zombies are more attracted to fresher meat, so either cook it or use it as distractions before it rots, the more it rots the less effective at distracting zombies and the more sick you get because we are the other way around by smell.

also the zombies killing other zombies. Since we are talking infected zombies here, killing animals and weaker zombies makes sense because they need food also.

However in my opinion i think once zombies are passive and have had no meal for awhile they look to wounded or "older" zombies to feast on

that is after there is no animals or players to eat. Once aggressive "like spotting a player" they drop older useless meat to "Prefer" the fresh.

Example (Zombies have had no meal, survivor got away...one zombie is limping and hurt from bullets, after a little time zombies attack and eat weak zombie.. while eating they spot another player, most zombies stop feeding on dead meat and chase player "preferable meat source"

but while zombies eat they notice less around them because of distraction of eating.

it would be interesting like this because if you have some slightly old animal meat in your bag it would be less effective as fresher meat dew to smell.

Another thing is when a players cloths are dirty with mud and blood they are less attractive by smell, but more lickley to get sick from infection.

love little things like this also and rocket has great ideas for this stuff.

Or of course the other way round would work (old and smelly over fresh) but i think (fresh over smelly and old) makes more sense because zombies are infected with some virus an therefore has the instinct to spread it.

I think this way you would have to balance your hygiene to suite circumstances, also would create a loop of possible threats

What do you guys think?

Edited by Ovation

Firstly amazing list well done...

Just in weapon list Bow and arrows with a sheath and compound bow would be great not only for battling zeds silently and bandits but I enjoy hunting game and not keen on giving away my location primitive weapons would be great also :)

Edited by Big Bear

i know there was mani times said that there should be skill (even i was saing it) so i was trying to make it somehow more complet

1)i was saing to implement characer making that can give you starting skill bonus

beznzvuvg.png

(why there is posible to chose imune or not to give players some sort of dificulty to choose i think somthing like this should be in game)

so if i dont care how i look, my personal history and skill ok (but i like to make my character) so if i die i can use one i made before

skills there will be main skill line from which will (some times) be branched sub skill

main skills will have max 10 000 point (i think it is perfect number not too low or high)

sub skill will have from 1 000 to 5 000 it depend on each skill

some skills must be first learned theory you can learn skills from books and other players

some skills you will just improve

skills that i think should be in game

-weapon maker/repairman (guns) so players can make or repair guns using stuff or guns upgrading (not atachments) longer/shorter barrel larger/smaller mag and stuff like this so if i will find AKS-74U i can make of it something between AKM (power) and MP5 (size)

(bow/crossbow) something like guns

(blacksmith/smelting) making melee weapons this skill is not only for making weapons so you can make tools/material for reparing car

(ammo) for guns (maybe), bows and crossbow

(attachments) another intersting one because you can remowe attachement and put it on other weapon or even make them

some of them must learn theory

-traps this is military or survival stuff so i dont know much of this but traps to catch small animals like rabbit or bird simply place it somevhere and come back later

some special foces traps must learn theory

-clothing, backpack and camouflage so your cloths and backpack take some damage so you can repair them backpack can be upgradet so you can have on your back pack two primary wepons for fast switch so you dont have to open back pack put one in backpack make more space(slots) in backpack

making camoflage so if you are bandit you can make someting like tent and hide under it and be more hiden or make camo for weapon

-chemical making explosives

must learn theory

-medical this one is the hardest one but most benefitial the most skilled players can make medicine, bandage, small blood bag which have 3000 blood (blood should recover slowly if you have more than 8000 blood if you are helthy and ok) and the skilled medic can make it without side efects like infection, bleeding or stuff like this some players wants to make it harder and choose they are not imune for zombie virus and get infectet medic an give them time or even cure (if they found it) but some times amputation is only fast help making bandage and so on

must learn theory

-acrobatic/parcour jumpig over obstacle faster easier and using less stamina

-melee fighting/throwing weapons (throwing knivet spear) more skills more kills

-steady arms shooting is with less recoil better aim

-eagle eye and -hold breath mostly sniper skills but can be used with any gun

-serch area one wery interesting skill you will be able to serch area for track of vehicle/animal/zombie/player and it will tell you if someone was here and which dierection he went even time but important is how high skill is or to find berries on bushes or apples on trees

posible to learn some theory

-light steps less noise

-mechanic (car) repairing if less skilled persone is repairing car it is less efective than skilled persone and even if skilled person is using less quality parts (importatn thing if i chang engine part old one will be in my inventory) upgrading is useful sub skill together with blacksmith and electronic you can put armore on it, upgrade engine and one thing that is useful if you dont have NVG but dangerous in bandit area put more ligths on it (good for serching area) skilled player can make even a car

(heli) same like car

(boat) same like car

(plane) same like car

some parts needs theory

-electronics reparing or even making electronics could be very useful skill

must learn some stuff

-butchery good skill for hunters more meat with better quality

need begining theory

-removal of hides of animals can be used for warm clothing or something

need begining theory

-coocing making better food this skill could be used together with archery becaus you can make some food that will attract zombie so you can make tham to attack some zombie or make them go away so you will have safer path because if they have target than they are not intrested in you or you can lure tham to another player good together with butchery

mabe need of some theory

-archery (bow) need some stamina

(crossbow)

-sprinter make more stamina and sprint more and faster

-endurance this one is most important skill make more endurance and your stamina will rise

-strenght i think weight should be implemented so tronger player can carry heavier stuff good skill for melee, fight archery and thorwing

skill will make geme more intresting and players will try to work in groups will look for other players to cooperate for better future or bandit way

(names should be diferent because i am not good with names)

2)new stuff home made wepons, tools, vehicles, backpacks, traps, camoflage stuff, attachments, medicine and so on (skill stuff)

new vehicle cister (car), tanker (ship) and plane

books can be found in libary, house, school or hospital

3)limited fuel in fueltanks only one source that will be almost unlimited tanker (ship) which will have randoom spawn somewhere 5-10 kilometers from coast so you must find it and get it to the port a fill jerry cans or cistern(car) or leave ship on her place and use helicopter and jerry cans

4)personal history

-my father was (his job) his hobby was (posible to choose max 3)

-my mother (same like father)

-my brother and/or sister

-me my hobby was () my schools () my job was ()

(something like this)

please reaction and skills are not clases

everything ive read seems really nice exept the fact with the weapon deteriorate over time. i really dont like that i think it will be too much.

everything ive read seems really nice exept the fact with the weapon deteriorate over time. i really dont like that i think it will be too much.

weapons will not last forever and if you will find weapo that lies somewhere in dirt on rain it will need some maintenance or repair but damage will not be like in Far Cry 2 when you use gun for few minits and it is broken to pieces most likely will jam or something

and i know there are guns like AK 47 which you can drop in to the mud dirt water drive over it with tank and it will be still like new but there is guns which dont like very much this stuff like M16

and i think it should be in game to make game more ineresting like when you are scavenge cherno for loot and you are atacked you dont give your gun much maintance and your M4A3 will jam or the bambi that atacked you will have jamed his Makarov

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has already been posted,

(1) but it would be cool to have some sort of npc companions like fighter dogs which you can command to guard your base/tent or follow you, you can tell it which players to attack and to not attack, these companions however will attack anyone and anything(including its owner if it is revoked).

(2)It also would be awesome if there are ways to hire other players to do a job for you, maybe you could hang posters to inform players what you want/need and the price you are going to give them to get a job done, maybe these could be open-ended, where you can choose to pay or not pay the person who does the job for you or the person you hire can just kill you and take the price without having to do the job.These could also open the gate for new kinds of bandits, mercenaries.

(3)Players should be able to destroy bases that players built by setting fire on it or stealing everything in it, this way players will be forced to keep expanding his bases so that it would be harder to destroy, bases may also attract zombies so players will face a constant threat of being overrun.

i was thinking why shold not be some silly or even stupid things like Sandals, a Scottish kilt, dresses or just run around in your underwear?

aswer is becaus if you get infectet and you know you will die why not die with fun B) with bouqet in one hand and flare in second hand in Chero to give snipers around chero chance ask WTF???

We should be able to salvage vehicles, for example, take a wheel off, or maybe the engine or fuel tank. Can't say how many times i've found 2 vehicles with 3 wheels each.

• Like 2

Cool I ideas guys keep it up I like the idea of being able to scavenge parts (though I think it has been said before). Stupid clothes sounds epic B) and everything else is just wicked :D.

• Like 1