myheaduphigh

Kicked from every server I join.

Hey, forums. Total newbie here, so please forgive me if I've missed something in my forum searching. :/

I bought Combined Ops on steam yesterday and downloaded the six launcher and since have been having terrible issues while trying to play DayZ. I did a lot of googling throughout the night into the morning to try to fix my game, but unfortunately haven't been able to find a sure way to fix it. Every server I try to join kicks me out when joining. I can briefly see the player list in the server where I would click 'ok' to connect, but then I'm kicked out. I managed to get a little screenshot of the text box in the corner of the screen right before I'm booted. Last night I somehow managed to get into a few servers long enough to wander around before sleep, but today I'm not even having that much luck.

I've redownloaded BattleEye from the website, manually replaced the .dll files, everything that I've read on the forums pretty much. I hope this is fixable, I've been itching to play! I'll attach the screenshot in this post.

lizW5.png

Did you update to the latest OA beta patch?

I do believe so. I have version 95168. The six updater has dayz listed as green and updated.

Thanks for your replies, y'all.

ur not alone i got teh exact same problem

Ah man, that blows.

Sidenote: I've now started Worrom's DayZ Updater and am still having the same problem.

Someone hit me up with a similar issue on the DayZ GuideZ channel. I don't use SixLauncher at all yet, but I gave the recommendation to delete your BETA folder in your CO/Expansions folder, then run SixUpdater.

I haven't heard back yet if this works or not, but once I am back from vaca I can start tinkering with SixLauncher and the other various popular launchers and have vids down for them soon.

95168 is not backwards compatible it is 1.62 RC1, most servers currently run 1.61 95099.

Edited by icomrade

Someone hit me up with a similar issue on the DayZ GuideZ channel. I don't use SixLauncher at all yet, but I gave the recommendation to delete your BETA folder in your CO/Expansions folder, then run SixUpdater.

I haven't heard back yet if this works or not, but once I am back from vaca I can start tinkering with SixLauncher and the other various popular launchers and have vids down for them soon.

Kreaol,

I've deleted the beta folder a few times to let the launcher patch itself again. The beta patch website has the latest being 95168, but my SixLauncher will only patch it to 95099. I don't know if this is normal or not as I'm really new to Arma and DayZ.

I've downloaded beta patches and installed them (the newest three to be exact) to see if it fixes it but haven't had any luck. I'm currently in the process of redownloading the entire game just to eliminate a bad install as the problem. So I most likely won't be up and running to try all of this again until tomorrow. (Kentucky broadband isn't the greatest.)

95168 is not backwards compatible it is 1.62 RC1, most servers currently run 1.61 65099.

Ah, I see. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get in any games using 65099 either. :/

Kreaol,

I've deleted the beta folder a few times to let the launcher patch itself again. The beta patch website has the latest being 95168, but my SixLauncher will only patch it to 95099. I don't know if this is normal or not as I'm really new to Arma and DayZ.

I've downloaded beta patches and installed them (the newest three to be exact) to see if it fixes it but haven't had any luck. I'm currently in the process of redownloading the entire game just to eliminate a bad install as the problem. So I most likely won't be up and running to try all of this again until tomorrow. (Kentucky broadband isn't the greatest.)

Ah, I see. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get in any games using 65099 either. :/

sorry i meant to say 95099.

The update 95168 is not a beta it is an Release Candidate (RC) which edits more than the expansion\beta folder and thus requires a reinstall or full backup of the game.

I have a feeling re-installing wont do a thing cuz i seem to get my hopes up. I deleted my @dayz folder and used six updater and i deleted beta folder and reinstalled and nothing seems to be working. Im having connecting fail when i join a server from steam and when i use six launcher i have the same problem as myheadsuphigh

sorry i meant to say 95099.

The update 95168 is not a beta it is an Release Candidate (RC) which edits more than the expansion\beta folder and thus requires a reinstall or full backup of the game.

I meant to say 95099 as well, hah. The one time at about six o'clock in the morning that I actually did manage to get in a server, I was running 95009. Before uninstalling, I was running ver. 95099 with no success at joining anything.

Alright. I think its time to just throw in the towel here.

I've reinstalled steam, arma 2, OA, and dayz, and still get kicked from every server. I'm running the latest patch because I'm using six launcher. It just isn't meant to be. :P Even tried plugging the PC directly into the modem instead of the router in case it was weird port issues, but alas, that didn't help either. Thanks everyone who tried to help!

NOt sure you are running the latest Beta....even if six says something

What does ARMA say in window before multiplayer?

NOt sure you are running the latest Beta....even if six says something

What does ARMA say in window before multiplayer?

Running 95168. I'm now getting banned upon attempting to join. :/ Wish I even had a way to play the game enough to earn a ban, haha!

Edit: installing 95208 now.

Edited by myheaduphigh

Had the same prob the first time I tried to log. My issue was I didn't 'allow' punkbuster when windows asked.

Had the same prob the first time I tried to log. My issue was I didn't 'allow' punkbuster when windows asked.

Hm. I've never gotten a prompt for something like that.

When I try to re-install battleye for arma II it says that steam cannot connect to it right now. So, it might be a problem with arma II?