Sign in to follow this  
DaScrotes

So... How do I equip things that are in my pack?

I was wanting to use a chemlight but I have no clue how to throw it or anything and I think it would be beneficial to know in case I come across a gun.

If it's in you main inventory, just hit "F" until it shows up in the top right corner of the screen. If it's in your backpack, you will have to move it your main inventory.

• Like 1

If it's in you main inventory, just hit "F" until it shows up in the top right corner of the screen. If it's in your backpack, you will have to move it your main inventory.

Ahhh, thanks!

Now how do I equip things that I have? Like a flashlight, hunting knife, or a gun?

Sorry for the late response, had other stuff going on. A hunting knife isn't able to be equipped, it is for gutting wildlife. You can use hatchets and crowbars for melee though, For a flashlight, you have to right click the icon in your tool belt (bottom of your inventory), and it will say "equip" or something like that. It will place the flashlight in your pistol slot. If you have a pistol in your pistol slot, you can switch between it and your primary weapon with the mouse wheel.

Hope those answered your questions. If you have anymore, feel free to PM me whenever you need to, I enjoy getting to help new players.

i am also confised about this, I have played for about 5 hours and I still cant figure out anything with the inventory - I am dropping things and picking them up I have a flashlight but if I press "L" nothing happens - someone gave me a gun and I can see it only if i "open bag" but then how do I equip it

this is confusing as hell, I am no noob to pc games but I dont understand this at all - I never played arma I only got the game for day z and I cant even figure it out

are there videos that explin this because its not working for me

press G then select and open your bag and move said weapon to ur weapon slot (click the little right arrow next to your gun image). the bag and picking things up was a little confusing for me too at first but once u figure it out u feel stupid cause it is easy. dont overfill you're bag shit will just disapear.

if the bag is full and you want to move shit out without losing it always move items out of the bag, not into it.

Arma 2 inventory is the stupidest thing i've seen. i had to watch an 11min video to figure it out.

here's another inventory guide (there's a few on youtube)