SubEclipse

How to setup public DayZ dedicated server

Well the rules are just that: the rules. So, regardless of what country you are in this one remains the same:

Can I host my server at home? No.

Besides we don't know where the op is from anyway.

No offense to you Sub, but hosting a server on your home connection is usually against the TOS of your ISP. Not to mention that the performance for those who join your server won't be the best. Plus its insulting to those of us who are actually paying for a dedicated server. Read the rules:

No offence taken... as stated throughout this thread, this is not on my home connection, or my home PC.

Well the rules are just that: the rules. So, regardless of what country you are in this one remains the same:

Can I host my server at home? No.

I'm not trying to break or bend the rules in any way... My server meets all of the requirements stated in the rules.

Besides we don't know where the op is from anyway.

I'm in the US... though it doesn't matter as no TOS will be broken... again, not using a home internet connection... using a fiber channel at a data center.

Edited by SubEclipse

I must say.... I'm a little amazed at how many replies there have been to this thread where people have made assumptions about where my server is hosted and what the bandwidth at the data center is.

I'll clear the air again...

My server is colocated at a datacenter, it is not at my house.

It is not a home computer, it is a rack mounted, Dell PowerEdge server running Windows Server 2008 R2.

It is not on a home internet connection, it's on a 10/10 fiber channel which on average gets actual speeds of 40/40 and no TOS with the ISP will be broken by hosting DayZ on it.

All I ever wanted was some instruction on how to build the DayZ server once the instance ID was approved... three posts within this thread have indicated that the instructions are sent from the dev team with the instance ID approval.... thanks to those who provided these answers.

Edited by SubEclipse

My apologies I read fiber and thought FIOS. Especially when you said 10/10 was the speed.

Edited by Runes911

My apologies I read fiber and thought FIOS. Especially when you said 10/10 was the speed.

No problem... for some reason multiple people have made interesting assumptions about my infrastructure in this thread... I was starting to feel like I was in some alternate reality.

Im pumped, we gota set this up to be perfect :)

I'm a bit miffed on the setup procedure. The welcome email does contain instructions, but it references resources that don't exist. For instance, the download for the server files it references doesn't exist anymore. I emailed support asking about that and was linked to an FTP site which didn't have the files the instructions talked about either. I'm not really sure how to proceed.

How did you guys do it?

I'm a bit miffed on the setup procedure. The welcome email does contain instructions, but it references resources that don't exist. For instance, the download for the server files it references doesn't exist anymore. I emailed support asking about that and was linked to an FTP site which didn't have the files the instructions talked about either. I'm not really sure how to proceed.

How did you guys do it?

Hey,

If you still need some help and have a mic, send me a PM and I'll send you back my Ventrilo server info. I just set my DayZ server up yesterday, so I should be able to help you through the process.

Edited by SubEclipse

P.S. If you don't have a mic, I can try to help you through PM. Just let me know.

I do have a mic, so that should work out nicely. Please PM your vent details if you're up to it. :) Thanks.

PM Sent

I know this is a really old post, but does anyone know how to get an Instance ID now?  I talked with a support guy and he said that he believes that that application process is not used anymore and said it was "automatic" not exactly what he meant by that.  he sent me to github to get the latest server files which I did, I jsut need someone to point me in the right direction on how to obtain an instance ID so the server I am making can be a part of the public hive.

thanks in advance.

• Like 1