Its an act

Campfire guitar.

Obviously this is an absolutely required addition to this game.

There needs to be useable, lootable acoustic guitar that goes into the tool slot (along with matches, compass etc) which gives an option to sit down and play guitar.

At this point, this shall be heard for all.

This would be wonderful, camp fire, roasted goat/rabbit/cow your tent set up and some mates with the acoustic guitar playing in the back ground over the voices of laughter and chatter of the days misadventures. Tis a dream.

remember to play it nice and loud in the middle of cherno so everyone can hear it.

You know, i'd be happy to model some guitar amps so you can hold a cool concert! I'll watch through my scope from outside town.

Just remember to turn them up very loud.

...And in cherno

Safe area is not going to happen, just meet up with some mates, when hungry and thirst set up camp and sit down to play.

This would be a great idea if they set up some kind of "safe" area where we can trade and meet people without getting shot in the head while playing guitar ._.

No.

Why should this - assuming it gets implemented - be any different from the other calculated risks you take? Every time you stop for a drink, stop to refill your water bottles, stop to grab loot, stop to reorganise your pack, stop to go for a piss in real life, or whatever, you've (hopefully) weighed up the positive aspects of that action against the risk that someone is going to find you and shoot you. Why should lighting a campfire and sitting down to play a guitar that can be heard by humans and zombies alike be any different?

Obviously this is an absolutely required addition to this game.

Hell. Yes.

If this happens it should have to fit into your bag and take up a lot of roon. People are constantly on about the "realism" of this game, and carrying a huge guitar through an apacolyptic world is not quite realistic.

I don't care about realism, let me be a combat bard while letting me carry my beans. I'll sacrifice my pistol for it though.

1: Make the guitar a melee weapon, for the lulz. 2: I'll gladly record guitar tracks using studio equipment if it means contributing to an awesome mod like this.

If this happens it should have to fit into your bag and take up a lot of roon. People are constantly on about the "realism" of this game' date=' and carrying a huge guitar through an apacolyptic world is not quite realistic.

[/quote']

Could replace the longarm weapon slot and fit on your back?

If apocalypse hits the fan, I'm totally carrying around an harmonica, though I agree it's easier to carry :)

This is something that alot of people would love to see. You got the sitting animation and when you sit around a campfire you just wish for someone to pull out a guitar and relax the situation.

LoTRO has a great music-playing system where you place .ABC midi files into a music folder, and then the instruments in-game automatically play all the required notes on command, allowing infinite variety of music, but avoiding the problems you'd get by allowing players to simply play .mp3 files directly.

avoiding the problems you'd get by allowing players to simply play .mp3 files directly.

I'm not saying people should be able to play their own MP3 files, that would be too much load on servers for uploading/downloading files constantly when anybody joins.

I'm saying that those guitar songs are preloaded into the game and then play whenever uses the guitar. ALA STALKER, where there are random guitarists in the main areas and around campfires.

If this happens it should have to fit into your bag and take up a lot of roon. People are constantly on about the "realism" of this game' date=' and carrying a huge guitar through an apacolyptic world is not quite realistic.

[/quote']

You can fit a goddamn rocket launcher in your bag. I don't see a problem with a guitar. Especially if you could carry it instead of your rifle or if it had a strap.

+1

I loved the vibe in Stalker.

Acoustic guitars are not heavy.. you should be able to sling it over your back on top of your backpack.

Guitars are heavy.

If they were to add them, they'd have to appear on your back (which would look AWESOME)

I can just see it now...a sniper on the hill watching a group of survivors as they sit down. He waits patiently as one of them pulls out a guitar...

"Oh he better not..."

The guitarist begins to play the first few notes to a rick roll, the sniper switches to his M16 203 and nades the lot of em.