Sign in to follow this  
MinxinG

Zombies from L4D

So, everyone agrees that these zombies right now, needs to be developed and stuff, rumors says that they are already working DayZ for ArmA 3, so I thought it would be nice if they do something related to zombies of L4D, I know you people all rage when compare something with L4D but its true, the zombies from there are better, they dont require that much of your CPU in if about 50 of 'em on you, and their IA is pretty simple, they run after you if they see you, I know it's two different Engines and stuff, but... there is my idea

Base Zeds on Valve L4D zombies.

ncredibly ...no lag...

diffrent engine, diffrent game, Small linear maps, max players 8, A big diffrence when comparing to arma and the amount of players

I play L4D, great game, but it I like DayZ because it is not like L4D, or other games.

The fact that L4D zombie AI way more linearistic than of DayZ, no thanks

Few problems:

1. Legality issues, you cannot use someone elses product for your own unless you enjoy legal battles

2. In dayz they're not 'zombies' they are 'infected'. Thats why they move faster, and dont act like your regular type of zombies

3. Games use different game engines, so you cannot reproduce the same effect :)

4. You should check out what one person from community already did with the skins: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21465-new-zombie-textures/

I don't think it would be easy to import L4D Zombies in DayZ. Not spoken yet of Copyright Reasons. And the AI of the current DayZ Zeds is quite good, compared to L4D. Only the Animations could be better. I could sit the whole day in Front of my Screen and watch the weird Behaviour of the Zombies in DayZ.

That's what I like about DayZ - it's a Mix of the Games Fallout3 and Stalker. The Zombies just fit fine with their AI. I don't want the L4D Zombies in the Game. And, that has already been said, the AI of DayZ's Zombies is more sophisicated than in the Game L4D.

2 different Games, 2 Ways of having Fun.

Alright maybe no L4D zombies. But an improvement is needed.I heard of a weird zombie mechanic. If a zombie aggros on a player, the players computer takes the task to generate the AI e.g. your computer decides what happens. This causes the notorious lagging Zeds. Because it just takes to long to transmit information. This also causes the Zeds to disappeard upon disconnecting. The calculations should become server sided, although it would take insane amounts of the servers capacity. But i would deny reconnecting to stay alive(for the Zed part). You would need to change servers to get rid of them.

To their AI itself:

They move weirdly and very fast what makes it pretty hard to shot them while they run. But hard is actually was the mod is supposed to be. Not as a zombiegrindergame compared to Painkiller etc,

Edited by DestinyAscension

Base Zeds on Valve L4D zombies.

you have no grasp how to make video games, or what thing called copyright is, do you?

I´m not even gonna start with the fact that dayZ and L4D are two different games based on two different engines... It´s like listening one of my friends friend tell me how they should use "graphics and stuff" from tron legacy -movie to make tron legacy video game. pffff.

Edited by Eza

The AI pathfinding in dayZ sucks ass. Big, hairy, ass. Before anything is done with the zombies, it needs to be fixed.

The only "improvement" i would give the day z zombies/infected is clean up their animations. When they run... I honestly hear the benny hill theme song in my head:

http://youtubedoubler.com/4zzm

Their attacking is very unclean, the lines they run are... ridiculous (ive seen them go in circles for about 30+ seconds before even moving towards a player). It also makes shooting then and even trying to melee them SUCH a pain. Maybe slow them down to 80% of their run speed, make their running strides look more realistic, and their attacks smoother and I'd be super happy with that.

• Like 1

LOL,when the player got surrounded by zombies I thought dam that is alot of broken legs.You would die instantly in Dayz with zed like that.

diffrent engine, diffrent game, Small linear maps, max players 8, A big diffrence when comparing to arma and the amount of players

Could you pleaase read the topic instead of going to the point where a said L4D and bitching about it?

I said BASE on it, see how they do. that's what I said, I'm not saying to implant them, just to try to make them similar, because Infected in DayZ should be like L4D Zombies, they run fast, hit fast too.

As I said, I KNOW it's different game/engine, but i'm saying about the Zombies.

I'm saying about Zombies, not maps. Put yourself on a local in a map in L4D, check the avarage FPS, if you go to the exact same place, aiming at exact same way, but with 100 Zombies, your fps will drop about 10-15 ONLY.

Thats how it works here.

The thing I want from the L4D infected is their ability to prevent a player from fleeing when they hit them, and to hit players when they're fleeing. DayZ infected have hands... why can't they grab me?

linearistic

Polite FYI: "linear" is already an adjective; you don't need to add "istic" to it.

Edited by Flambo