Sign in to follow this  
Arquitecto

In the end should i buy Arma 2 for DayZ or wait for standalone?

In the end should i buy Arma 2 for DayZ or wait for standalone?

Thats the question. With all the rumors about a possible standalone release in September, dont seems wise buy Arma 2 to play DayZ. On the other end, I very excited about this mod.

Other thing that is bothering me is that if i buy Arma 2, I'm not suporting directly the DayZ team.

So what you would do ? Buy Arma 2 or not to buy ?

If anything buy day z so you can understand why it has the hype it does. It's well worth it just don't turn into a KOSing asshat.

With no clear release date in sight, I'd just buy Arma... unless you want to wait indefinitely. Take for example, Diablo 3. That was like a 10-year wait, lol.

It's only $25 or so, it's really not that much... I'd rather buy Arma for that rather than wait an entire month.

Definitely buy it now.

1) It's a really fun game.

2) Buying it now sends a clear message to the game company(s) that DayZ works both as concept and in practice. This will help convince them to support the furthering of the game as a standalone project.

edit: 2.5) So by purchasing the game for DayZ you are supporting DayZ itself and its future iterations.

3) It's on sale right now and you will get more than your monies worth out of it even if the standalone came out in September (which I doubt will be the case).

Edited by Redshift

Buy Arma2 for Arma2. It is on it's own absolutely fantastic, especially if you find a good group to play with. Having DayZ with it is just icing on an already amazing cake.

Icing made of bacon.

• Like 2

Steam is currently offering it for 20% off: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4638/

The Summer Sale is still on, you may see it drop further if you want to wait. Last day of the sale is July 22.

Either way, buy it and enjoy it now.

Half the fun of participating in the Alpha is experiencing all the changes!

Thank you for all the replys. :)

Well, I guess that I'm gonna wait till 22 jully to see if the price drop a little more...