Rising (DayZ)

Third person vs First person view

I like having a choice. Join a server that doesn't allow it. I like 3rd person when running the distance because I will get dizzy in 1st person.

Same i get sick from it

I can only imagine disabling CH on all servers.

What I also dont uderstand are servers, where every person and vehicle near you is shown on your map. WTF is this ? It should be removed.

Edited by Roboserg

Do you have head bob turned off? I dont get dizzy playing 1st person unless im indoors and i look around too much, too quickly.

I'm shocked that so many people either prefer 3rd person or have gotten used to it. It's not how a milsim should be played and is one of the reasons i either avoid games like Resident Evil or dont take them seriously at all.

Please, don't tell other people how they should play their own games. If you like immersion, no one's stopping you! Join servers with no 3rd person camera and no crosshairs.

If 3rd Person Cam is removed I wouldn't be able to play. I have serious equilibrium issues and a few seconds in first person (with this game) makes me damn near vomit.

Weird thing is most FPS don't bother me. But this game, holy shitt.. I use first person when in a fire fight which is often counter acted some what by the huge adrenaline dump I get in this awesome ass game.

I used to complain about 3rd person view as well. recently though I have found that 3rd person is more realistic.

In real life you can see alot more than what first person shows you. you also have other senses that help you figure out where things are located.

3rd person is realistic up until people use it to peak around corners but it is more realistic than first person. Fact is, neither is perfect.

One idea would be to restrict first person when at a town or village but allow 3rd person when running through woodland and fields.

While I think 3rd person is kind of cheating the experience in a way from the lack of emersion and the way you can look around corners without actually going around or over somthing, I don't think 1st person is realistic enough to take 3rd person away. If you think about it 1st person in games is not how you see in real life. In real life you have peripheral vision and can see like 180 degrees sideways AND up and down. Not sure exactly the degrees but 1st person in games show you like half of that, maybe a third, or maybe less. It's like if you walked around looking through a tube all day. While hard in its own right, with a game like DayZ this is especially difficult where you must constantly be aware of your surrondings.

I would like to see a change though, in the way 3rd person or 1st person or preferrably both work in ALL games. If in 3rd, you positioned the camera to only show what the characters eyes could see and make it move exactly like when in 1st person in terms of shaking and what not, I would be fine with it. If you could put some sort of fisheye lens on 1st person to allow for 180 degree vision all around or force everyone to play with a 3 monitor panaramic display I would be fine with that (as long as some one pays for my monitors.) Since this is a mod and neither are likely to happen I think 3rd person is a necessary evil for the time being.

they should remove crosshair and nameplates. that sir is complete bs

this + the ability to see who is near you on the map

Nah, green reticles are fine and actually realistic. If you ever go shooting in real life you can almost tell where the bullet will hit even if you dont look through the iron sights 100% perfectly. Even more especially true if you are using a red dot or holographic.

In real life, target aquisition works very much like the green reticle. Even if it doesnt "LOOK realistic" it functions realistically. Get rid of name tags is something I agree with but they should add a feature that allows you to recognize friendly teamates when near to them and when in direct line of sight to them. In real life you can distinguish your friends that are near you by voice and sight.and hand signals. Non of those things are really practical in this game right now so atleast add some green boc around a friendly teamate when near them. But then that would require a way of setting up teams or friends so taht the server can recognize friendlies.

Nah, green reticles are fine and actually realistic. If you ever go shooting in real life you can almost tell where the bullet will hit even if you dont look through the iron sights 100% perfectly. Even more especially true if you are using a red dot or holographic.

If you are good enough to compensate with your senses then you can do it without crosshairs. I mean crosshairs are not as big of an issue to me as the camera, but having crosshairs does make the HUD look like you're wearing a futuristic helmet with a targeting system.

they should remove crosshair and nameplates. that sir is complete bs

Just don't play on recruit/regular servers, dude.

The game wasn't just made for you, i bet that there are players out there who enjoy playing like this.

Just stay away from those servers, and join the veteran/expert servers.

go to special server that has it disabled i can't get a nice over vieuw when walking or running i always play in 3rd only for aiming not.

Dont worry op Rocket said once that all servers will use the same rules and settings at some point.

And as rocket strives for realism and a hardcore game style. My guess will be that 3rd, ch and tags will be blocked on all servers.

Just don't play on recruit/regular servers, dude.

The game wasn't just made for you, i bet that there are players out there who enjoy playing like this.

Just stay away from those servers, and join the veteran/expert servers.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

And OP, I still don't see why you can't just play on Veteran servers.

Do you have head bob turned off? I dont get dizzy playing 1st person unless im indoors and i look around too much, too quickly.

I'm shocked that so many people either prefer 3rd person or have gotten used to it. It's not how a milsim should be played and is one of the reasons i either avoid games like Resident Evil or dont take them seriously at all.

I'm 37, I've been playing 1st person shooters since the original Doom. Played flightsims, helicopter sims, driving sims you name it and in all those years not a single game has made me sick while playing it as in dizzy and nausea, in other words. Motionsick. Arma II does. Outside i can last for 10 to 15 minutes but once I go inside a building I'll litteraly have to get away from my screen within minutes. Even switching back to 3rd person doesn't help anymore then.

Its the arma graphics. So in this game, 3rd person for me or not playing. Part from the looking around corner things I think the biggest advantage user 3rd person occurs on servers that enable crosshairs and the rangefinding that comes along with it. 3rd person ON, CH off.

Dont worry op Rocket said once that all servers will use the same rules and settings at some point.

And as rocket strives for realism and a hardcore game style. My guess will be that 3rd, ch and tags will be blocked on all servers.

bless rocket!

Here's an example.

Player A gets all of his gear on a server that has 3rd person enabled. He abuses the system to get what he needs, including nice weaponry, equipment, etc.

Player B gets his gear on a 1st person server, but has to play longer in order to do so, and is SEVERELY restricted in what servers he can play on, due to server ping, or settings.

Player A moves over to a 1st person server, and murders everyone with his better equipment that he got by more easily avoiding zeds, and other players.

As I said in an earlier post-

One or the other. Not both. Both is unacceptable.

+1 for Idiocy

I have no idea how this guy thinks getting gear is easier on a 3rd enabled server. Regular servers have name tags, thats a bandits dream to find and range enemy. Camping the high level loot locations is not harder with 3rd enabled if anything its easier, so once again fail argument as you will die to sniper fire just the same. If anything could be argued is how the folks can get loot easier on on Expert servers as there is no crosshairs, camping with 3d and no nametages so its harder for people to find and hit you... I know if I were a bandit what servers I would camp on.....

+1 for Idiocy

I have no idea how this guy thinks getting gear is easier on a 3rd enabled server. Regular servers have name tags, thats a bandits dream to find and range enemy. Camping the high level loot locations is not harder with 3rd enabled if anything its easier, so once again fail argument as you will die to sniper fire just the same. If anything could be argued is how the folks can get loot easier on on Expert servers as there is no crosshairs, camping with 3d and no nametages so its harder for people to find and hit you... I know if I were a bandit what servers I would camp on.....

I've played on both servers. It's evident which one is easier for avoiding Zombies. If you get killed by a player, it isn't because you could look over a wall or not- it's because you're playing the game wrong. No, the issue here is you can psychically view every zombie in any bloody city, and avoid them by miles. It ruins immersion.

By the way, you might want to try reading the rest of my posts. I've been stating reasons against having both throughout the topic. You might be interested.

Don't get so attached to a feature just because you think you need it. This is an alpha. You can play without 3rd person, just like everyone else can.

On a more personal note...

"+1 For Idiocy"

...only demonstrates your own. In the language of trolls, since it's clear you speak their tongue, "Learn 2 Read"

Edited by Zetal

Yeh 3DP is so much more realistic... seeing round walls is a daly ocurance for me.

No but really all u people saying it gives u a headache u need to get out more... Stop exploiting game mechanic and then cry when it's pointed out,

Yeh 3DP is so much more realistic... seeing round walls is a daly ocurance for me.

No but really all u people saying it gives u a headache u need to get out more... Stop exploiting game mechanic and then cry when it's pointed out,

derp herp. 3DP is more realistic but the fact where you pick around corners. The 1P is more NOT realistic then the 3DP. So we choose 3DP over 1P.

Edited by Roboserg

Third person should be optional. I use it quite alot.

I wouldnt mind Crosshairs, or name tags or that "peripheral view" helper being removed as default. It think it would be a good move.

I find 1st person Arma too claustrophobic to use it 100% of the time. I often move from point A to point B in 3rd person and then when Im about to enter combat or check for loot I'll go to 1st person.

Tons of servers exist that do not have it. If you don't like it, don't use it. Try some different servers, eat some beans with new friends.

This is a realistic simulation. Graphics are great, world and environment is great and ever improving... please please remove 3rd person cam entirely so that we can be truly immersed into the world in first person perspective. I'm tired of peeking around corners like a GTA game, or rotating my head 320 degrees when im running in a straight line to scan my surroundings. I never get jumped by zombies..... ever.

Alt.

yeah i use 3rd person when running in the forest or going a to b and when driving a bike or an ATV cause the views on them suck ass in first person.. it also makes me sick as well when driving in first person this is the only game that has done that to me if they take 3rd person out of the game i think i would have to take my self out of the game cause i refuse to feel sick when playing a game lol call me old call me what ever but it is what it is and yeah i dont have the head bob on its all the way down

• Like 1

maybe as a compromise when in 3rd person view you shouldn't be able to have your gun out and when you switch back to 1st person it re-equips it. this way it cant be used for any pvp gain but also you can still use it to get from A to B.

Edited by xXsambookaXx