Sign in to follow this  
zulthus

Rated M Gaming -- Awesome Group of Medics

Yesterday me and a friend were plundering through Vyshnoye, when a zombie surprised us around a corner. He cracked an Enfield round off, and we ran out of town trailing somewhere around 10 zombies. We lost most of them in the woods but two continued to follow me, so I decided to try and take them out... bad choice... the second one broke my leg just before I took him out. I thought I was done, as there was no hospital nearby, but then I came across this group...

The medic traveled over 7km on foot to give me morphine, and even replaced my old Lee Enfield and Markov with a M4A1 SD and a M9 SD, along with a Coyote backpack. It was chock full of ammo, and came with a complimentary AS50 w/ammo.

That's not all... I received a map, NVGs, a rangefinder, matches, and a GPS from him.

So I thought I was going to get a morphine injection and be on my way but they went all the way. Look these guys up, they're extremely helpful and friendly.

http://www.ratedmgaming.com/helpme

Thanks guys!

Hey, thanks for choosing RMG to help you out. Thanks for not shooting me in the face. Thanks for just being an all around good guy and I wish you the best!

If you need help again, hopefully not, you know who treats you right!

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Brian, I really like and respect what you and everyone else at RMG is doing so far. This however...

[...] and even replaced my old Lee Enfield and Markov with a M4A1 SD and a M9 SD, along with a Coyote backpack. It was chock full of ammo, and came with a complimentary AS50 w/ammo.

That's not all... I received a map, NVGs, a rangefinder, matches, and a GPS from him. [...]

... is simply way over the top!

Why would you do this? Why would you give someone all that stuff for free? Isn't finding gear like that for yourself a big part of the DayZ experience anymore? If you'd give your child all the pocket money it wants, then it will never know what it means to earn something by working for it in one way or another. What reasons do those players have to ever go and explore NW airfield again now? Why should they wander around, looking for crash sites, if they already have 90-95% of endgame content anyway?

Don't get me wrong, you and your team are doing a great job, but please, for the sake of DayZ, reconsider your agenda here. I can't be the only one who thinks like that...

I don't want to draw too much attention to my issue with this, so I'm posting my reply in here instead of the medic thread where you posted a quote of this for whatever reason (karma whoring? :) just kidding!).

Let me explain why.

I was near dead. I was sick, with no antibiotics on me. I was 9k meters away from my camp. I had no transportation.

This survivor got a good deal, yes. I feel it will only make him want to try harder and play even more in order to keep up this kind of gear. it is not like we all do not die eventually. It is nice to see what kind of gear you can get, play with it, and have some sort of hope.

Did I get a good feeling that Mr. Survivor here wasn't going to go out and kill a bunch of innocents? Yes.

Could I be wrong in the feeling? Of course.

But, It as my decision to give it to him, instead of being near dead and not knowing who got the gear. Perhaps a real bandit that could do some real harm.. I felt fine with this...

To those asking Where did i get this gear? I either earned it, or it was gifted to me. Not only do I I run 100k meters a day in this game, our 20 other squad members do as well. You don't think I find things? Seriously?

As a medic, I really didnt need this gear. Need vs Want.

It was my choice, to give an injured soul a ray of sunshine, rather than just a morphine injector and and wave good-bye.

Needless to say, if you were gifted this package, you wouldn't accept it?

Food for thought.

• Like 1

Wow, Zulthus won the lotto today! Most of our patients just get what they need and maybe some extra help depending on their behavior.

I'm really digging the idea of gift bags for donations. I think people would be willing to donate $1 per rescue, especially when it's going to a such a charitable cause.

Lynx, they'll get killed and lose it in no time :)

This, pretty much. There's no way I'll be able to keep this kind of loot for long :P

It was a lot of high end gear for sure, but as he said, better me than a bandit, right? I don't kill players unless they seem threatening. Some guy charged me with an axe the other day, I pulled out my pistol and he backed off and saluted me... it was pretty funny :)

[...]I was near dead. I was sick, with no antibiotics on me. I was 9k meters away from my camp. I had no transportation.[...]

Valid point, and vital information that was missing in the opening post. I can understand your decision.

To those asking Where did i get this gear? I either earned it, or it was gifted to me. Not only do I I run 100k meters a day in this game, our 20 other squad members do as well. You don't think I find things? Seriously?

At no point did I question that. I know you guys have a pretty darn good resupply system and lots of ressources, and I apologize if my post has offended you in any way (which, apparently, it did).

Needless to say, if you were gifted this package, you wouldn't accept it?

As a matter of fact... no, I might not accept it, as I have done so before because of aforementioned reasons. That's why I had an issue with this kind of jackpot gifting in the first place.

Anyway...

Most of our patients just get what they need and maybe some extra help depending on their behavior.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So, this whole thing was more of a single occasion and you don't give away free endgame kits on a regular basis. That's pretty much what I wanted to hear in the first place.

Now, carry on doing an awesome job, good sirs.

... oh, and congratulations, Zulthus! :D

• Like 1

No, we do NOT do this regularly - this was a rare occurrence.

I have set up donation packages to those who want to "give back" but even those are rare and heavily restricted.

Your post did in no way offend me, I just knew it needed to be clarified a bit. Thanks for bringing it up and allowing me to do so.

Edited by Brian @ RMG