Sign in to follow this  
bakers711

Im Weak

So I have had dayz for a couple of days now and for some reason i can't find my self to kill other players.

I,ve had plenty of chances but i cant do it. Im Weak! so im gonna ask how did you kill your first player and how many have you killed since then?

Went on rampage last night and killed 3. I only resort to this when I'm dire need of food/water ect. I was having no luck finding the items in houses but eventually got what was coming to me.

I feel bad everytime, especially if they are lacking what I need. I've had no luck trying to just ask for items since that tends to get me killed immediatly. I've only had one situation where I ran into a player and it was friendly.

Edited by Jesuswept

You're not weak, you've just a moral compass...I had one of those too.

My first murder was an accident. Was flying solo for the first time ever. My team was all over the map, and I was at base camp. We were out of fuel, so I said I would make the run to the NE airfield and fill up, and also look for the vehicles that spawn around there. I approached the airfield carefully, and sat and watched for a while. Zed spawned in within 5 minutes, so I sat and watched one lone survivor hopping through the hangars. I sat and waited. I had enough space between him and I, and wasn't interested in killing him, or the loot he was gathering, I just needed fuel. I waited. I watched. Then, he booked it across the field and aggro'd a fair amount of Zed. I giggled to myself until I realized he was running right at me. I was terrified. I'm pretty sure he never saw me, and in my panic, I just started shooting the zed off of him. After two of the four fell dead, I could see him swiveling his head to locate where the shots where coming from (Good ol m4 SD). I attempted to hit one of the zed off him while he strafed past me, but I led a little too much and shot him.

I've never had a game make me feel as much as this game does. Remorse. Anxiety. After my murder count ticked to one, I literally had to stop playing for a little bit.

Killing, at least for me, hasn't really gotten any better either. I have to psych myself up for a kill, and then try and ride the high until the enemy is wiped out. My instincts scream for diplomacy, or for avoidance, but unfortunately, sometimes you just have to pull the trigger.

whenever i see a player I go prone and hide if he did'nt do nothing to me why should I kill him. oh well its bound to happen one day

So I have had dayz for a couple of days now and for some reason i can't find my self to kill other players.

I,ve had plenty of chances but i cant do it. Im Weak! so im gonna ask how did you kill your first player and how many have you killed since then?

Find a chopper crash site... some awesome weapons... and get blasted in the back as you leave a church full of so called "friendlys".

Killing other players isn't a required part of the game, you can always avoid other players instead.

Find a chopper crash site... some awesome weapons... and get blasted in the back as you leave a church full of so called "friendlys".

Lol

Im gonna be the avenger of this game and kill the guys camping on the coast waiting for noobs to spawn

I've never been good at shooters, so most of the time, when i spot someone and they don't, I ask myself "what if I miss? Can I take him? I dont think so, I suck at CoD" so I just let them pass

I've never been good at shooters, so most of the time, when i spot someone and they don't, I ask myself "what if I miss? Can I take him? I dont think so, I suck at CoD" so I just let them pass

You've got good instinct, then. It's not a terrible thing to run away from a battle you know you might not leave alive in the first place. Honestly, people shouldn't bother with confrontations if they can stay out of sight.

well i killed my first players but im a bandit Lol we were in a group of six and this guy ran at me

well im new and if killed about 8 people i make sure first they dont shoot me first once they accept me to coming closer *POP* :P

I personally am going to try and avoid killing other players. This may come as a challenge and a test of character soon enough though, since I prefer to hang out up north, and that's where people almost always shoot on site.

You're free to choose the game however you want, and how you feel you'll survive the best. No need to kill others, at least unprovoked.

Killed my first guy after one tried to murder me with a crossbow (of all the weapons she could've used...) just spun around and put one in her head with my winchester. Felt like Clint Eastwood there for a while. Second guy was unarmed (it was night and I was on the edge) when we suddenly bumped into each other around a corner (we were both running) which resulted in my shouting in fear IRL and pulling the trigger to my shotgun a few times. Felt bad about what I did as he cried friendly while running away, bleeding from an amount of holes a swizz cheese would envy, but it was pure reaction from my heart jumping a few beats. Found his body later just a few steps away from a medical box.

Also had lots of friendly ecounters, though, like a guy I met in the middle of cherno (he had an AK74) and I had my makarov. We paired up together with one of my friends and walked over to the firestation, looted it and then he had to go. All in all you don't have to worry about shooting people, you don't have to, you can avoid them or try and talk to them ,just don't sneak up on them or try and talk to everyone you see since it's easy to feel crowded up on in a game like this.

Just treat them all as random ecounters. You get some friendly, you get some bad. Fight people if you want to, it's nothing to be ashamed of and defend yourself always. All in all it's the player interactions, whether friendly or not, that makes it such a fun game for me!

Edited by johan

First kill was an accident. He ran in and I was hurt and only had a hatchet. I hacked him up cause I was scared and thought it was another zombie.

Second kill was a bit more intentional. Saw a guy looting a house. Instead of turning the other way I went to check out the same area and I saw he was armed so I shot him preemptively. Feel kind of bad about it but I didn't trust him. And upon looting his corpse he had very little of value so he would have made out better to kill me. I should have just went the other way and avoided him completely.

Edited by ALiborio

Killing everyone some is to close to me :)

Doing it because I have been backstabbed alot of times and I have also been killed because I just let them run past me.

I only killed one player in my DayZ life. I was looting a Military Outpost (Those towers randomly found in the wild) until I saw a guy pop up in front of me. I looked at him and he had a pistol pointed to my face. I had an AK47U with only 4 bullets. I never expected him coming and it really startled me when he walked up to me. I had a gun pointed at me in many other games, usually with the gun going off afterwards. My instinct came in, so I shot him with my AK47U until my clip ran dry. He started shooting back but then suddenly absolute silence. My heart was pounding, and I switched to the M4A1 I found on the outpost. Could all the time I spent searching the area be put to waste? I looked out, and he was dead. It was considered murder in the debug chart. He was no bandit.

Zombies began swarming the tower I was on, I was pinned. I was reloading the M4 as they went up the ladder. One zombie went up successfully. But then, he died, and all the zombies around me left the area. No idea why, somewhat it was a miracle. I searched the body, he had the M19 pistol with one mag. I took it, and left without looking back.

While I was walking away I was thinking that he was innocent. Maybe he just wanted to team up with me, but didn't holster his weapon? But, I think I did the right thing shooting him. We both aimed guns at eachother in that split second, and I bet if I didn't shoot, he would. Wouldn't you shoot if someone pointed a gun at you?

Ever since that event, I make sure I am not a surprise visitor in any area. I make sure that whoever I contact, knows I am that of a friendly intent. This is not wise for survival, as I know most people end up killing eachother. But, I do not do such things, even if my friends discourage such behavior. I will NEVER shoot another player for his stuff, I will only shoot for self defense.

I think the hard part about me killing a person is in the end, I can not find enough reasons that would tell me that a second player (Or third, fourth, fifth, twentieth, etc) would benefit me more from their death than their life. More inventory to work with on the move, different weapons avalible when we find ammo, the ability to distract and sneak into small towns, watching eachother's backs, etc. seem to always out-weight the thought of 'If I kill him, I MAY get a bandage and some pain killers).

I understand that greed wins out with alot of people, trust is a hard thing, but to me I've never seen much benefit of being a bandit, as all it does is re-enforce the idea of being a bandit towards more bandits, and then it just cripples your own ability to surivive. When me and another player come to the same conclusion, typically shooting eachother doesn't happen.

That being said, there will always be bandits, and that unto itself inspires safty in numbers.

I've killed two players so far - both done by closing my eyes and rapidly clicking.

Whether or not these two were hostile or not is up to your imagination (I will never tell~), but in the end the only thing that matters is who is left standing with all the gear.

That would be me.

-MONSTER

I guess I'm weak too - bandits: uncountable versus me: zero