Jackftw

The War Z - DayZ copy?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/19/the-war-z-a-new-zombie-survival-experience?page=1

Look's like a shitty version of DayZ. With experience and skill tree's... what the fuck kind of ''realistic survival'' game has skill points and exp? roflmao.

I think I'll just wait for DayZ's stand alone.

Million topics about this already.

As said, yes, it's a cheap ripoff.

Omg, people stop making duplicate threads.

I searched the forums for another thread about it, but all I got was this message ''The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: ''

Edited by Jackftw

they are maybe getting deleted, for obvious reasons.

It's been in development since before DayZ began development. It's design has just been influenced by DayZ since it's explosion in popularity. The only thing that looks stupid about it to me, judging from the article, is the name.

id buy it

thing is if it runs smooth as fuck and less buggy there will still be a huge audience.

if reddit and 4chan likes the game chances are itll be a success no matter what, there is simply too much user traffic on 4chan and reddit and people trust those sites better because its annonymous and people actually just tell their opinion straight out.

if 4chan and reddit hates a game most of the time its bad. look at how diablo 3 and swtor turns out after the hate machine has started..... they lose player base.

4chan has always been the heart of the internet where really everything origionates....

4chan and reddit really push dayz to the top with meme and huge words of mouth....they make a game viral

Edited by BaitedHook

I searched the forums for another thread about it, but all I got was this message ''The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: ''

There's not even a need to search. A quick glance on the first page will reveal that.

http://www.ign.com/a...perience?page=1

Look's like a shitty version of DayZ. With experience and skill tree's... what the fuck kind of ''realistic survival'' game has skill points and exp? roflmao.

I think I'll just wait for DayZ's stand alone.

Lol they're gonna have a quest system...its already a fail

I couldn't find any info about this game except that IGN story. No website no nothing.

While I like RPG's and such, the calling of DayZ is the challenge. This War Z game looks like it took the DayZ formula and dumbed it down for a broader audience, which removes the challenge of a true DayZ game. I will probably not be buying it.

My 2 cents.

LOL fucking quests.... what is this, world of warcraft? hahhaha fail game is fail.

whats so bad about a quest system and a currency system? people will still sandbox and pvp. it just gives the player something to do other than sniping newbies and alt f4 when shot back

• Like 3

Dues not matter anyhow a quest systeam is gunna currency is gunna fuck us all over looks like this is reverting to call of duty now

WarZ doesn't sound that great though, I'm still waiting for DayZ stand alone, this developer (for WarZ) totally lost me when I heard of quests and currency in their game, its a freaking apocalypse, there is no currency, only supplies / goods and trade, that is freaking stupid.

When it comes to quests, I like the sandbox feel of dayz better where you make your own quests, would hate to play a game like this with yellow question marks over npcs heads, that and a I'm not fond of the 2 different modes system.

and NPC guarded safezones? *Spits at Warz* no thank you!

whats so bad about a quest system and a currency system? people will still sandbox and pvp. it just gives the player something to do other than sniping newbies and alt f4 when shot back

While I agree that the newbie sniping and alt f4 needs to be addressed, I completely disagree with the "!" Quest giver asking me to go to Cherno to find her 10 cans of Baked Beans for her Baked Bean Pie and she'll gladly reward me with a Makarov....for this game...thats just a HELL NO! Also I see no reason for a currency system, if we're basing the game off of realism, no one would give a shit about currency or bottlecaps...your guns and your food IS your currency at the end of days. Also if you dive deeper into the IGN article it says something about "Special Zombies". Thats another fail right there...why dont we just make Resident Evil an MMO?

NPC guarded safezones? *Spits at Warz* no thank you!

The carebears need catering.

funny how all the cod kiddies chime in on what could be a well made game

both games have their merits I like the War z game name sucks tho lol

not cuz it looks fun or amazing but that other game companies are paying attention

which means more really good games like Day Z may be produced in the future