hooumeri

Different languages

For starters: I tried searching for a topic like this, I found none.

DIFFERENT LANGUAGES

I realize that this is something that might not be added at any part of development, not even mentioning alpha -stage. But considering how big the DayZ community is, what I'm suggesting might not be that hard to accomplish. Using volunteers to translate the mod into various languages would be a great idea and wouldn't most likely take any of the time of the devs. All we need is a) either an online suite in which we translate (like Justin.tv has) or something as plain and simple as a text file with the items list, or what ever way the process would be the easiest.

This could be done by either many people or a single individual, either way. The good thing about having many people translating into one language is being able to make sure what they translate is correct. Then again, having one trusted translator might be easier to communicate and work with.

To prove my point, please post the the language you could help translate DayZ into. I may or may not be updating this post, depending on the reception of this thread.

VOLUNTEERS

Finnish - Hooumeri

Spanish - sebastian.w, C4BR3R4

Danish - Riis

Norwegian - Nor-BlitZz

Edited by Hooumeri
  • Like 3

Danish, but I dont really see a point, it's not like there's that much that needs to be translated, only a few item names really. But they might add more in their standalone version, I dunno...

Danish, but I dont really see a point, it's not like there's that much that needs to be translated, only a few item names really. But they might add more in their standalone version, I dunno...

Correct, but there are always those who wish to play the game using their native language. Besides, the servers are country specific, why not give the chance to have the corresponding language if you wish. Say for example, on FI servers most of the players are Finnish. Having the option of choosing Finnish wouldn't certainly do any harm.

Wait, are you suggesting a translation of Arma 2 vanilla as in menus and all that shit, or just the Mod, which would mean....less than 50 words in translation...

Wait, are you suggesting a translation of Arma 2 vanilla as in menus and all that shit, or just the Mod, which would mean....less than 50 words in translation...

I am suggesting translating everything in the mod. Item names, action menu options, texts such as "You need to move into forest to get wood..", vehicle names.. All that.

Edited by Hooumeri

Not sure if thats feasible with the current engine, but it might be with their standalone. I prefer games and movies and even my books in english though...dunno if I wanted to contribute to the stupidifying of the danish youth by translating a game thats easily understandable in English :P.

- -easily understandable in English :P.

Indeed, the people who play this game should already know the vocalbulary for it. If you want to learn English, then DayZ is not the way to go (apart from some glossary, of course).

im french and ive done some translating work before. But I require payment MWAHAHA

I can do it in Norwegian if you need :)

I can do it in Norwegian if you need :)

Great :)

Hopefully we get an official answer from a dev.

I can do the Australian translation.

"You cant chop wood here, mate!"

"You have filled your water bottle with water, you ponce - find some beer next time!"

"Gut animal and place skull on front of car"

• Like 1

I can do the Australian translation.

"You cant chop wood here, mate!"

"You have filled your water bottle with water, you ponce - find some beer next time!"

"Gut animal and place skull on front of car"

Great.. :D

I can help translating to spanish.

I can also help with Spanish translation.