Sign in to follow this  
︻デ═一Tom

Solution to server hoppers/loot farmers

Im not sure if this would be possible for you to add very easily but iv seen alot of talk about server hoppers joining differen servers to farm loot at high profile areas. A way to fix this would be to make areas on the map that are spots for medium/high loot and the immidiate vacinity un loggable, so you cant disconnect in these area or if you do the server will teleport you like 500m away. so lets take balota airport for example an invisable area is mapped around this as a no go for logging out, and then around that area 500m out 3-10 spots are marked where these players will spawn if they logged out in the no go area. This will make it alot more trouble for server hopping loot farmers and we wont get rage posts that somebody logged in behind them and killed them in the baracks/fire station yadayada.

You wouldnt need to do this for middle-of-nowhere medium/high barns but just the high profile areas such as supermarkets, barracks, military buildings and military camps maybe churches etc etc.

Anther idea i had was when somebody logs out make their avatar stays logged in for an addition 20seconds,

immune/invisable to zombie agro dmg but not to gunfire/axe hits, so logging out would essentially hinder their chances of

survival rather than being an i live button.

lol can you imagine the glitch that could cause? what about the people that log off by said hotspot and return back to play at a later time and all of the sudden they're "500m" away? this is a reality that we're gonna have to just live with until Rocket figures out a way to stop the dc'ing, which really there isn't a way to stop it...

cruelntention said: "what about the people that log off by said hotspot and return back to play at a later time and all of the sudden they're "500m" away?" that it would be working as intended?

Nah man, not a good idea. I myself suffer from connection problems, and if I got kicked for having momentarily high ping and just disconnect, I don't want to be teleported.

I don't think the teleportation would be such a good idea, because that right there could be exploited by players far worse than they do with server hopping right now, they could take just as easily take advantage of this. It would basically be a new free way out of unwanted situation, knowing that when they log out/ hop or whatever in that area, they get teleported out and are immediately safe from any more trouble once they hop/re-log.

AFAIK, rocket already has a mechanic in place where if the player logs out, his body stays for 5 seconds before disappearing and force saving itself. Just that it isn't working at the moment. I'm not sure, but I know I heard this from somewhere.

Also, which part in this says about how or what helps against loot farming?

Easy, if you logoff from one server and decided to log right back on (different server this time) you start fresh. Some kind of time limit on logoff and logon to another server should be added. This would keep the from logging on/off immidetaly from one server to another. If you however chose to log right back on to the same server then no (time penality) would occur. This wouldn't completely eliminate it because they could just wait out the time limit but if you made it 1 hour or something it would completely slow them down.

I have had instances where we starting a gun fight and they log off, run up the stairs on another server, log back in to our server and come down the stairs and shoot me or my friend in the back. Its a little aggrevating!

Actually, most loot hoppers don't spawn directly inside buildings. They spawn away from them.

why? because loot doesn't spawn when you log in at the spot exactly. You need to be some way away from it. Not to mention that, while logging in, you're vulnerable.

what is if you log into a high loot area or any area the loot will disappear?

Edited by mgoolong