Estman

DayZ Recording program?

Hello !

Been playing this for weeks now and i was thinking of making a video .

But i have no idea what program is the best to use to record DayZ action?:)

Any tips please

Fraps. One of the best. Just make sure you have the hard drive space and I recommend recording your video to a hard drive not being used by the game, you get much better performance.

Also I wouldn't recommend the trial version. Retail version is much better. How you obtain said version is up to you.

Fraps, Dxtory, Xfire

I use PlayClaw, comes with nice teamspeak3 overlay, records sound both from game, from teamspeak and my own speaking voice (may be not a big deal, but I had problems with this sound mess in the past with fraps).

Fraps. One of the best. Just make sure you have the hard drive space and I recommend recording your video to a hard drive not being used by the game, you get much better performance.

Also I wouldn't recommend the trial version. Retail version is much better. How you obtain said version is up to you.

So i could use my Local Disk (D:) wich has 22,4gb free space?

fraps is shit!

to small adjustable settings!

video fps sync sucks!

22gig is not enough for any extended use of fraps. I make videos regularly with it and its about 19mb per second of raw footage with my settings.

So i could use my Local Disk (D:) wich has 22,4gb free space?

If you run windows+Arma on another drive.

But still its a sort of no go. You won´t get anywhere with 22GB, recording makes HUGE files. I use a dedicated 500GB drive, but still its a bit to small, so im gonna set up a raid array with 2 more drives.

Also, dont use fraps. Go for DxTory! Tons of settings for everything, while fraps dont let you change anything. Almost atleast :)

Fraps to record

A 500g+ drive for the recordings

Adobe After effects to edit

Adobe media encoder to encode

Fraps is a little Hard drive intense. I used to record to the single HDD that I had, got horrid FPS and overall ruined my fun while playing. Then I got a 1.5 TB external and record to it now. Smooth as silk. The one and a half minute video it records is something like 1.2 gigs, and that's recording at half size. Quality is good, settings are simple. But as Kugane says, its almost too simple. For me it works though. Just try some out.

Ok , im trying to use the Dxtory , but when i press F12 ingame it doesnt start to record .

Make sure you don't hold down shift, alt or any kind of modifiers (or they are stuck from the steam overlay).

Fraps is clean, simple and just works....

Dxtory is abit cluttered, alot of settings and you have to double check things a few times.

Another way to put it. Fraps = Mac, Dxtory = PC.

If you have need for compressing the footage, try using Virtualdub to save some harddisk space. 1080 recordings can fill up a 2TB harddrive faster than you would think.

My 2€cents

• Like 1