Sign in to follow this  
HalloweeNGT

The only thing that can save the mod

GTFO. Excluding players is NOT the answer.

Sure, so you like to alt f4 and abusing some kind of glitches and you dont wanna see yourself alone in a server with only more glitchers online? Cause thats the only reason you would refuse to play with players that have passed a test for playing a server.

Well, remember that, this mod is in alpha but the anticheat system isnt, this game will burn in hell (its already happening) by cheaters just exactly as GTA SA wich is a extremely similar engine game.

What can be a good fix for everyone? Let admins protect their servers giving them the power to allow only certain IDs to log in, being them the ones to pick the players and not the players to pick the servers, in the case GTA SA (a game that its exactly on the same situation than this one in the meaning of cheating) that has worked extremely good, the serious servers have their own webpages where you have to send an apply (like a test) before they let you join the server.

I support this! But, wouldnt a cheater always lie to get his approval?

I support this! But, wouldnt a cheater always lie to get his approval?

It could happen, but how long would the cheater stay on the server before getting denyed? Since the server would turn into a small community, there would be no problems to detect who is causing the trouble. By the way, most of cheaters only want to have some random fun, I doubt they waste time on that knowing they will get banned from the server quickly, in any case the number of cheaters in that server would be extremely lower than public servers.

DayZ is exactly in same situation than SAMP, this has already happened before and that was the only solution to get over cheaters, transforming a server into a private community.

Just gonna say that because a player doesn't see explicitly obvious hacks doesn't mean they aren't there.

i saw a lot of exploiters (mostly disconnect to avoid death) but i only died once by hacker , in months of gametime.

i saw a lot of exploiters (mostly disconnect to avoid death) but i only died once by hacker , in months of gametime.

Again, just because you didn't explicitly see someone hacking doesn't mean they weren't, nuking people are not the only hacks. You could have died due to label hacks, teleporting near you etc.

I love that so many people seem to live in a world where 'so many people are leaving' translates into almost 700,000 unique players, and 150,000 players in the last 24 hours - both of which are increasing steadily.

edit: My mistake, already 701,000 unique players.

I don't know about that, I remember back when I suscribed it was 180 000 unique players and 85 000 in the last 24 hours. Now it's 700 000 and 130 000 in the last 24 hours.

good troll man, the mod is pretty fine, havent seen a cheater in weeks myself

to disconnecting and server hopping, that is still unbalanced, but a bullet to the head solves everything

First of all, im sorry for my enligsh but I hope everyone can understand this.

Along the days, we can see how DayZ is growing up, I dont play this for so long but I was following the advance of the mod from outside.

Everyday, the mod gains players but also looses them, we can see how cheaters, disconnecters, bug abusers are ruining a real good project. DayZ is now streamed by some streamers that have a decent amount of followers, everyone was able to see how they have been humiliated by cheaters, getting polymorphed into random animals or just killed. LOTS of possible players are watching how fucked up its the mod, not only by the glitches/bugs wich is normal in an Alpha version, but also by the hackers that are supposed to be stopped by an antihack system that cant do anything but kicking players that are not cheating.

Those streamers have decided to cheat too just for fun, you can see them spawning choppers, cars, ghilies and so many items for their friends, they do it cause nothing bad happens! Shit, If i dont do it I will spend hours on farming those items for just finish with a hacker that nukes the whole server.

What I mean, this mod from a side its still being developed with illusion, but from the other side the mod its being totally ruined and players can see it.

What can be a good fix for everyone? Let admins protect their servers giving them the power to allow only certain IDs to log in, being them the ones to pick the players and not the players to pick the servers, in the case GTA SA (a game that its exactly on the same situation than this one in the meaning of cheating) that has worked extremely good, the serious servers have their own webpages where you have to send an apply (like a test) before they let you join the server.

I consider the cheaters, bug-exploiters, disconnecters etc. as great contributers to this mod, don't forget this ---

ITS ALPHA

I want you to understand that, every time a noob like you cries on the forum, the developer(s) are reminded to fix this.

By NOT cheating would simply just delay the detection of cheating/bug exploiting etc., so that when this game actually LAUNCHES, it won't be fixed, the playerbase will be 10 times larger etc. etc., which means it will be harder to fix without messing something up. And if it messes up, it's bad. Very bad.

The bug exploiters should have a medal, and those who has been banned in the Alpha, should be unbanned in the Beta.

This is purely my opinion, and I've never cheated/exploited bugs myself. Well perhaps I've exploited a simple bug in my early dayz, like killing players with doors etc.

Now stop whining,alhpa means we are testing it for them, and when it comes to gaming / official release, it will be fixed, as long as the cheaters, buggers etc. keep exploiting, so the devs can fix this. :)

I consider the cheaters, bug-exploiters, disconnecters etc. as great contributers to this mod, don't forget this..

Sure, so hackers are hacking cause mod is in alpha, ok. Do you mean BattleEye is in alpha too? Cause fixing zombies and disconnecters wont make it harder to be hacked.

Go inside a fire station, stay on the stairs, switch weapons and watch your death. Fix that? do you think they are gonna fix Arma?

I prefer rich people didn't have access to their own private loot servers.

Wow, you are so jealous, incredible.

Mod is in alpha you downer.

This must not be missing in any thread.

Losing players? no, it isnt

Cheaters running rampant on every server? no they aren't

Streamers turning to cheats because of all the bugs and cheaters? no, they aren't

Allowing servers to be locked? I prefer rich people didn't have access to their own private loot servers.

What can save the mod? It doesn't need saving so the question is moot.

+1 My sentiments exactly.

I love that so many people seem to live in a world where 'so many people are leaving' translates into almost 700,000 unique players, and 150,000 players in the last 24 hours - both of which are increasing steadily.

edit: My mistake, already 701,000 unique players.

try 833,000 now, and 203,000 in last 24 hours.

DayZ losing players (dont know what "loosing" is) ?

Nope, it certainly is not.

that is the most god awful idea i have ever heard. havingg to "apply" for permission to join a server from an external website. because i want to have to plan a week in advanced as to which servers i want to play on and at what time i'm going to be playing (to make sure the server is at the right time of day)

not only that but you are going to be refused from servers for the pure reason that the server owners don't like you. or you kill them.

there is no way of knowing in advanced who wil or will not hack. i've ran a few different competitive teams in various games, and yes every know and then a member would turn to hacks for no reason (i did kick them out the second i spotted it) but the only real way to deal with hackers is to spot them get their names and report them (preferably with some sort of evidence) this current spree of hackers will start to die down in the next few weeks now the summer sale is over with.

but the anti-cheat does everything it can do to keep up with the hackers. and it does it more or less fairly. yeh there are a few mistakes here and there. but it'll all get better in the future.

also

Along the days, we can see how DayZ is growing up, I dont play this for so long but I was following the advance of the mod from outside.

i fail to see how you have any relevance to the current situation if you don't play.

i've been playing for 2 months now and only encountered one hacker. it all depends on what servers you go on.

i mainly stick to the low player count servers (<15) while they are in the early hours of the morning (just enough light to start being able to see again) and i don't have nearly any of these problems most people cry about.

it's survival... the first highly populated server you own is going to be full of idiots. be smart with your choice of server.

Edited by RadienFire

i mainly stick to the low player count servers (<15) while they are in the early hours of the morning (just enough light to start being able to see again) and i don't have nearly any of these problems most people cry about.

it's survival... the first highly populated server you own is going to be full of idiots. be smart with your choice of server.

Be smarter to just play some other game where you don't have to hideout on a snoozefest server to avoid cheaters. Your solution is no solution at all.

I can only assume that most people making light of the current rash of cheaters are cheaters themselves. It is the only thing that makes sense to me without directly questioning their intelligence.