Rich (DayZ)

For God's sake, SAY SOMETHING!

Maybe it's just user error. Had that happen to me yesterday, was running around and just found my first ax when a guy shot me. He said he was friendly but wasn't sure if I was so told me if I'd say something he would heal me up. He then said for PTT to push CAPS, unfortunately I'd recently done a complete reinstall of Windows and had forgotten to set my mic back up so he couldn't hear me. So while trying to figure out how to direct chat he finished me off. Wasn't mad about it, he tried to help, and hopefully my ax, flares, and chemlights helped him out.

I think it is stupud they took away side chat why take it away from the people who like it ? why cant the people who do not like it just not go on the servers ? what there is like thousands of other servers ?

I've tried to write in global chat on several servers without getting an answer and we talk servers with 40+ players so yeah, I find this strange too.

I'm like you. I try to be friendly but I think I will give up and many with me cause it's not fun to get killed everytime, better to be safe and put a bullet in his/hers head. This is a part of the game though, people don't trust eachother.

My rage is only a reflection of the world I'm living in ;)

Edited by Secutor

Each time I encounter some up close I speak to them and they respond 8/10 times. Today I met someone around stary even tho I am a bandit kinda I didn't kill them and gave them a chance. He said friendly and I was like yeah friendly. I asked him if he had food because I was a bit low on blood and I traded him a m16 that I had spare for some food. After that we kept together for about an hour until I had to go to work.

Step 1) Survive the end of human civilization.

Step 2) Boldly approach a probably terrified or paranoid and likely armed survivor with everything to lose, or perhaps just a mentally unstable individual. Be sure to greet them directly, and as if completely oblivious to both the dangers of human encounters, and the fact that they may consider what you are doing an invasion of their personal space.

Step 3) Make your location obvious to them, perhaps even standing in plain view at a distance which they feel is uncomfortably close. Start discussing the nutritional benefits of Frank & Beans and terrible taste of Sardines with them, or any other subject that they almost certainly don't care about or don't want to hear.

Grow some balls.