Badhaggis

Possabilities for Zed Spawning

How Should Zombies Spawn  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How Should Zombies Spawn?

• Same As Now, just spawn randomly at guard posts
    • Zombies should spawn underground and Crawl up through sewers or Drains
    • Zombies should Spawn at a Central location and patrol the Map,
    • Zombies should spawn to the North or West of the game map and patrol from there
    • Zeds should drop down from the sky :P
    • Zeds should spawn throughout the countryside.
    • Other (Please state)

How do you think the way Zombies spawn could be improved? ATM they just spawn and guard set locations which makes the game somewhat dull.

Edited by Badhaggis
  • Like 1

i think they should fill the map apart from the woods which leaves room for wild life eg. Wolves, Bears :D

Yeah, i hate the fact that if someone clears an area ATM zeds just spawn back there again which is tedious and boring if you want to defend an area.

I would quite like to see Zombie "surges" as well when a horde of around 20 -30 zombies storm a city or player heavy place.

A bit like Left For Dead when you set the car alarm off :D

They should spawn at random locations and patrol the map from their, maybe the zombies could walk around in a group?

They should spawn at random locations and patrol the map from their, maybe the zombies could walk around in a group?

It just that if that happens they could spawn ontop of a player which wouldn't be fun, but i agree with the idea of a pack of roaming zombies.

I think they should add specific buildings where zombies spawn. Scatter them over the countryside and put in high-loot areas.

but if you were watching someone and a zombie spawn ontop of them it would be hilarious :D

Thats why the option of parachutist zombies is there :D

I quite like the idea of a central Tower or building that the zombies come pouring out of a timed intervals and raid any survivor settlements and camps.

Edited by Badhaggis

I think the fact that if you're nowhere near buildings there are NO zombies is a little unrealistic, even one or two would be fine. I mean, zombies are supposed to be stumbling all around the world, and they don't care, they will walk in one direction to their life's extent, which would mean they end up in a forest.

i think they should fill the map apart from the woods which leaves room for wild life eg. Wolves, Bears :D

I disagree, let's face it, there will always be people (my Dad)who think camping in the woods during a zombie outbreak will keep them safe. I'm not saying alot, but maybe occasionally one or two?

"I would quite like to see Zombie "surges" as well when a horde of around 20 -30 zombies storm a city or player heavy place."

This would be brilliant!

Ideally they would spawn everywhere. I could see different areas on the map associated with a frequency of spawns. Out in the countryside you may get two or three over a couple kilometers, but as you get closer and closer the frequency picks up. This would go hand in hand with improved zombie hearing. Allowing all zombies that heard the shot start lumbering in that general direction when you discharge your weapon would discourage random shootings, and encourage smart, stealthy gameplay (when close to a population center at least).

Right now having them only spawn in cities/towns makes traveling boring. If I know that it is an impossibility that there are zombies in the forest, why would I ever be stealthy and not just sprint through? Having the possibility of danger will make the boring parts (traveling) more interesting.

Edited by drseptapus

Part of the reason for this is to enable people to try and defend cities without zombies spawning behind them, I personally think the game would be much better if a clan or group of bandits took over a large area, such as electro.

Part of the reason for this is to enable people to try and defend cities without zombies spawning behind them, I personally think the game would be much better if a clan or group of bandits took over a large area, such as electro.

I believe one of Rocket's long term goals is to allow players the ability to construct long term defendable bases. I hope it happens!

• Like 1