BossFi

For the good of the game: everything needs to breakdown!

Personally i think it is necessary for the game to function properly. We technically have an infinite "source" of items. We need an infinite "sink" in order to get older objects out of the game and replaced with new ones.

RIght now the only degrading items are food and bullets. Once you got the gun you want you'll never pick it up again until you die.

The effect we see is a bit like opening a pack of M&Ms and only keeping the blue ones, while you put the other ones in the trash.

The blue ones represent valuable/rare weapons, while the other colors are those items you do not bother taking.

If you eat the blue ones progressively as you get them, there is roughly the same percentage of blue M&Ms and other M&Ms on the table at any time.

However if you do not dispose of them you will end up with more and more of it as you go.

The reason such rare weapons are so present in the game is because they never degrade and even when a player is killed, they are rarely left unlooted so there is only a small chance of it being "purged" from the game.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

thing is. if u ever messed with a set of nods u would know they are rather durable. batteries would be first to go. 7bravos (nods they have in game) take AA batteries while the flashlight should take D batteries. weapons dont just break, especially ak's. jam yes and u should need a weapkns cleaning kit to clean ur rifle. that way u still ned to go downtown to get cleaning gear. ;)

I like the idea of weapon degradation, though I think it would work better if it degraded when used, not over time. If the weapon got less reliable just by having it in your inventory players will feel the need to dispose of all their bullets as fast as possible. It will make it a realy call of duty shooter. Make it so that each shot the player takes will have a consequence on the weapon. The player needs a brush to clear the chamber, find a new barrel to repair a broken one, etc.

Good suggestion :)

• Like 1

Dave finds a Rare gun, Phil kills Dave and takes his fun.

Meanwhile Mike finds the respawned Gun so there's now 2.

Phil dies of starvation and his corpse disappears.

Mike is left the only person with the Gun restoring order.

• Like 1

but mikes in cherno seeking beans, along comes jake and makes mike bleed. they duke it out until one drops, now jake owns the gun so jake is boss xD

anyways, clean ur rifle to keep it shooting xD

Items and weapons that last forever will kill the gameplay. Rare items will become more common as times goes by. Example:

1 Player picks up rare item. He gets killed and looted while another rare item spawns in the world.

Now 2 players have that rare item, eventually everyone you loot will have that same rare items.

Once you have nice loot, there is no reason to find heli crashes or go back to supermarkets for a box of matches etc.Also new spawns just need to kill another player because he is more likely to have all the tools and other stuff you need. No reason to loot buildings for that special loot.

I suggest:

As examples (which can be expanded for other gear)

Anything that takes batteries runs out after so many hours of use and has to be thrown away, cannot replace batteries! (need a battery life indicator)

Box of matches: used up after 50 uses. (need uses left bar)

Weapons breakdown from wear and tear (need health bar)

I like this idea.

Yeah, this is 'part' of the answer to keep the game interesting and complex beyond the initial 'learn to avoid zombies phase'.

It would give those with a canteen a hatchet and matches something other to do than hunt weapons, vehicle drops, and would add a much need level of complexity.

Throw some building and crafting into the game, and your begininning to really go some where.

I also like the addition above of degradation based on use.

Makes using your tools a thoughtful choice rather than a 'taken for granted' one, including your weapons...

Some good suggestions.

Defo the matches and batteries needing replacing in my humble opinion.

Dave finds a Rare gun, Phil kills Dave and takes his fun.

Meanwhile Mike finds the respawned Gun so there's now 2.

Phil dies of starvation and his corpse disappears.

Mike is left the only person with the Gun restoring order.

I Love this :)

I'd like to see something like an item or weapon upkeep/maintenance where you need to maintain your weapon or repair it if it breaks down using a toolkit. Same goes with vehicles and others. Players will need to make sure they maintain these or once they break down they can't be used until repaired and repairing will require other items a long with the toolkit.

I wouldn't want it to be like Dead Island though where your weapons would degrade within 30 minutes. I'd like to see something like 4-6 hours for lets say a Makarov before it breaks down.

Also lets say a Makarov has 100/100 upkeep points or whatever you want to call it and it degrades to 30/100 once you maintain it using a toolkit the total would decrease to 80/80. So then after something like 60 hours of use the weapon is totally broken beyond repair.

I think something like this would be nice to have.