Sign in to follow this  
Gaky

zombies seeing way too far with the new patch?

when i am walking lets say in an open field, and see a zombie about 200-300 meters from me running to me like mad.

i think zombie see too far now, anyone else has this problem as well?

1. I wouldn't stand in open fields in the first place. Easiest way to get shot.

2. 200-300 meters is likely a bit exaggerated on your part.

3. Their eagle vision was actually even worse on 7.2.0. It's since been reduced 20%

4. Sneak moar.

I've found that they can see further but once inside a town/village it's easier to move around.

There is a bit of a bug ingame atm with zombies spawning and atleast 1 of them agroing from very far away for no reason. I have seen this happens dozens of times already with my friends group going into towns and crash sites.

There is a bit of a bug ingame atm with zombies spawning and atleast 1 of them agroing from very far away for no reason. I have seen this happens dozens of times already with my friends group going into towns and crash sites.

Yep. Happend to me yesterday.

I was proning and making my way through the town when suddenly a zombie from the other side of the town aggros me. I was in a building and when he reached the entrance he just went normal again and walked away O.o

I've found that they can see further but once inside a town/village it's easier to move around.

Pretty much what i was thinking :) Approaching a town/buildings i get seen from miles away but once inside the towns buildings i can get round without being seen.

Yep. Happend to me yesterday.

I was proning and making my way through the town when suddenly a zombie from the other side of the town aggros me. I was in a building and when he reached the entrance he just went normal again and walked away O.o

yeah that is what i am talking about, zombies see you like from FAR away, just a little bit annoying

It is usually only one zombie, and there might even be several zombies between you and the one that aggroed who didnt see you at all.

It usually happens during daytime if you are in the open with 3 bars on your visibility meter. I never had it happen at night.

As a result I tend to crawl alot more to get into the towns, and also when crossing streets or open expanses. Using lean alot to see if a zombie is watching my direction before I cross open lawns and areas between houses as well.

It is annoying with the eagle eye zombie, but just gotta go harder on the caution side then.

I have had it happen in night-time too. Normally I'm very careful, always crawling (since crawl isn't much slower than crutched walking). I have had a zombie aggro me in the night when I was prone, 0 vis and sound bars, he came from about 50m, there were other zombies much closer that didn't notice. And yes, these zombies often aggro you, run close and de-aggro when they are 5m from you and just walk away.

when i am walking lets say in an open field, and see a zombie about 200-300 meters from me running to me like mad.

i think zombie see too far now, anyone else has this problem as well?

This is STILL an issue in April 2014. I crawled on my belly to a large remote building, keeping one eye on the barely visible Zed at the top of a distant hill. Seconds later he's tearing down the hill and I must have been all of 5/600 yards away!! Surely this needs fixing. Sometimes I can sneak out a building when a Zed is right out the door (facing away) yet I get spotted from half a mile away? Really??