Sign in to follow this  
orbital

3rd person view and other aid’s? discussion .

3rd Person: Should definately be removed as it is used as an unfair battle mechanic that I would argue is approaching the level of cheating/wall hacking. My personal experience was this morning. After putting together a group of Legion members, and even grabbing a couple new players off the coast (funny, from the whining on this board you would think the only thing Legion does is shoot those noobs on sight, not help them) we made a run for the NWAF.

When we arrived at the south barracks there I saw a person not in our group go running inside. This person, El Da Sensei, laid down in the barracks and then proceeded to use third person to see over and through the windows, and when my character approached the exterior of the barracks he simply shot through the wall using the 3rd person aiming reticle. By the by, and as an ode to this person's nature, he promptly hid my corpse and quit out before my 7 friends could deal with him.

Crosshairs: Remove, for same reason as above. Also I find I almost never use them, if it's past touching distance I always use the iron sights for more accuracy.

Player Names: In real life you're able to recognize a persons face/body/posture/etc. from a significant distance away. In this game though everyone is one of two skins, and even if we all used different faces the resolution offered by monitors is just not enough to allow you to recognize people beyond a dozen meters. This is where the player names come in handy and I believe they should be kept. If you've got a clear line of sight and the person within a couple hundred meters their name should show to you in order to fulfil this lack of normal recognition means.

The thing is' date=' it's not regular/expert option. Most of the servers are regular, but still do not have crosshairs or 3rd person. The problem is that no one has a way to tell from the server list which server has said settings on and which do not.. Difficulty level tells you next to nothing.

[/quote']

True, there must be more info about the servers in the name...

Maybe an option to go up to someone and exchange names through the menu to reveal tags during your life would be a good idea though since character models look the same. That would simulate sight recognition since you have "met" the player by exchanging names. After you die though' date=' you have to take the same risks and meet people face-to-face again to get their tags revealed.

[/quote']

This is a fantastic idea. I don't know if it is doable, but if it is I would very much like this to be a part of this mod.

The situation:

I'm injured (it doesen't matter how)' date='I have no pain killers left.....

then your screen start shacking non stop!!!

you try to figure out what next....in the middle of the night with your

now try to immagine.....your freakking screen shacking constantly

and you got a rifle and a chemilight stuck in the middle of the screen...

IT IS UNPLAYABLE!!!!.....I'm getting so much headache!!!

I could undesrtand if your screen shakes once in a while but not all

the time please!!!!

[/quote']

Wow, you can avoid the shakes in 3rd person? I hope this gets fixed soon. If all you have to do is go into third person to avoid ever having to carry painkillers I find that as extremely gamebreaking. I'm pretty sure they put painkillers and the shakes in for a reason... Your hurt. You need to get rid of the pain because it is unbearable. To be able to just switch to 3rd person and completely ignore that fact is just bullshit.

Is there a way to disable the free look in 3rd person? Make it just like the ironsights? When you freelook it brings you to first person. This doesn't solve all of the "people looking around corners/over cover" issues, but it does make doing those things a lot harder to do.