Sign in to follow this  
ssjenforcer

HOLY CRAP Six Launcher has UPDATE and works 100% now!!!!

i tried manually updating my game today, totally EFFED it up, BIG TIME

tried all fixes i used before, couldnt get it working

finally i said screw it, tried six launcher, cant make it worse right?

WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! new version of six launcher autoinstalled, updated my version after running six launcher and

PRESTO!!! didnt even get a single error joining, and this is after screwing up my beta and my battleye

it fixed EVERYTHING automatically,

LOAD SIX LAUNCHER NOW! totally fixed now, even if you use dayzcommander (as do i) update your beta with six launcher, it properly updates BATTLEYE now as well

, if im wrong may god strike me down with a hachet

Edited by ssjenforcer
  • Like 2

There's never been any problems with either of them, you must be one of the unlucky few that couldn't get it working,

Congratulations! Welcome to the club of enlightened people who have no problems with the game. Thanks to SickBoy and his Six Launcher!

Cheers, mate. Glad you're all right with this all.

I don't know if it's Six or just all the updates, but my BEClient.dll finally stopped crashing. I have the Arma X: Anniversary Edition (pile of DVDs), bought when Project Reality was starting up in Arma2.

Yes it works me too! It will now update your battleye and beta patch and now it launches the beta patch!

Having getting Arma 2 combined operates install. Six Luancher is one of the easiest ways to update both the beta client and dayz mod. However it sometimes lags behind updates or like this week push out a patch before the rest of the servers are ready. To many servers are running defferent dayz version or beta clients. So lot of servers just don't work right away giving a novice all sorts of issues just logging into a game.

As far as I know you can only play on the same version of your installed DAYZ mod. Meanwhile your installed beta arma2 cleint should be the version matching the server you connecting too.

BTW, I've found this new program to be very helpfull in find servers to connect too. CHECK out http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Works great. Really easy to filter out the server that don't match up with your game. Some real nice features too.

• Like 1

As far as I know six launcher DOES NOT update Battleeye. You have to download it and place it in your Operation Arrowhead/Expansion/BattleEye folder and overwrite the existing .dll file.

Link to BE: http://www.battleye.com/download.html

However I never had any problems with updating/installing whatsoever regardless the way I did it.

Six Launcher or manually always worked fine you just have to know where to look and what to do.. yea.

Edited by Riiquiem

Hey - noob question - is it better to get the game through Steam or not? I'm about to buy but not sure whether to buy through Steam or not.

*also what is this Battleeye? do i need to get that in addition to downloading the six updater or w/e?*

Edited by M4RT3

Hey - noob question - is it better to get the game through Steam or not? I'm about to buy but not sure whether to buy through Steam or not.

*also what is this Battleeye? do i need to get that in addition to downloading the six updater or w/e?*

I'm not going to give a recommondation here. For me personally I don't use steam and bought my Arma over http://store.bistudio.com directly from the developer. This way all the money gets there. :) As well I don't have to bother with Steam as well as with patches and updates for Arma2 beeing relased late on Steam wich happend in the past. For 1.59 the steam users had to wait more than two weeks until it was avaible on steam.

Also check out our new application wich replaces SIX Launcher: http://Play.withSIX.com

Edited by Banshee