Sign in to follow this  
EndEffeKt

Too common military weapons

The military weapons like assault rifles, M24, AK-Cobra and so on are found way too easy in this game i think. Every deerstand spits out assault rifles en masse and i think this is plain unrealistic and contributes much to the very very hostile survivor-community currently residing in Chernarus. It takes an halfway experienced player 2h to look like a US-Marine.

In one of my first lives i managed to get a M1014 out of the fire-station in Cherno and thought "Very cool, the ammo for this baby is everywhere, just the right thing for a survivor like me."

Some time later i realized that every weapon under an assault rifle is pretty silly, because its so easy to aquire one and get ammo out of deerstands. I think this is pretty unrealistic and for me it does not contribute to the atmosphere of the game. I would like to see the most people running arround with shotguns, winchesters and similar stuff.

On top of that i state that the amunition is too plentiful. Especially because of the refilled mags at reconnect and the "combine ammo"-glitch that refills your .45 mags instantly.

All of this represents my personal opinions and I would appreciate others and maybe even a statement of the devs :)

all the best

EndEffekt, a friendly survivor

Yeah, I see a lot of people with AK-Kobra's. I've found a few before, It's usually my first gun on each life because of how common it is and how easily obtainable they are.

I would have agreed with you up until a couple of nights ago when I got my first "motherload" of decent gear. I raided a bandit camp and found some of the best weapons available in-game. The problem is that you really have to use them wisely because the ammo is so scarce. I think it's the availability of the ammo that is the key.

P.S - I know theres bugs that let people duplicate ammo - that needs sorting.

Guns in general are too easy to find.

I beg to differ as most of the guns are found in A. The countryside or B. Military bases, Obviously in B, there are going to be guns and There's going to be guns in the countryside too, because farmers like to protect their flock? for example I live on a farm and we have a double barrel shotgun and a rifle. We don't have animals but if we need to put down a creature that's in pain then the guns are there. About deer stands, well of course theres going to be guns in there. Although I'm not sure if they should be Semi-Automatic ones though XD I'd expect something like a CZ more than an AKM. Haha.

• Like 1

Not sure what the gun laws are where this takes place but where i am, guns and ammo are very abundant. Including AK and AR variants. With the mass of society being Zs and not using their firearms. It an actual situation like this. Kicking in a door to an empty house and finding a gun and ammo would be easy. What would be rare is high quality variants, high powered scopes, and NV. Like I said though. The areas previous gun laws are what would make it believable or not. We all live in different places with different laws. For me, I'm in Texas so restrictions are minimal.

Edited by REVOLT

The military weapons and weapons in general (except the hatchet) aren't that common. I've never found a decent gun besides military shotguns like the Remington.

Military tents have a rate of like 2% of spawning something usefull?

It all depends on lucky. If you lower the spawn rate of items there will be just more people whining...