Sign in to follow this  
dimak415

US 236 God Mode, Teleporting, Hatchet bastard

Well, it happened again.

Server: US 236

Location: Just East of Lake Prud in the field at a Helo Crash

Time: 10:04PM PST

Latest Beta, Latest Dayz, Latest BE (obviously useless)

What Happened: God Mode Hatcheting player teleported directly behind me, Dima Karpa, and my bud JestyrSaavy and hatcheted both of us, taking about 4 shots from a M4a1 CCO and more than a clip of MP5SD. After killing me, he calmly picked up my CCO while Jestyr unloaded on him. He then teleported behind Jestyr and killed him as well. This exact thing happened to me 5 days ago.

I didn't have FRAPS on this time, but this dude had some custom skin, it looked like a mask on his face.

I absolutely hate to say it, but the hackers won. I can't continue playing this game. Its not a matter of loot, its not a matter of guns, all of that is replaceable, but part of the fun of this game is making progress with your buds, and when you get killed by some dickless hacker every 3 days, and spend half of your time running through the woods to regroup with your buds, the entire game becomes a frustrating and epic waste of time.

BattleEye is the most worthless piece of software I have ever seen. The system of banning BY SERVER instead of having master Ban List that blacklists IPs and GUIDs from the Hive is useless, as a hacker gets banned from one, they just move on to the next. In fact, I'm pretty certain that wouldn't help because these a**holes have probably found a way to generate random GUIDs.

I can deal with the bugs, I can deal with the broken zombies, tents, guns, backpacks, vehicles, servers. Whatever. Sh*t happens. But these hackers could very well be the end of an amazing project.

Theres really no way to stop hackers... There will always be hackers in game that is server based.... In reality this game is all a hack on arma 2... So, you can't do much but play on...

Theres really no way to stop hackers... There will always be hackers in game that is server based.... In reality this game is all a hack on arma 2... So, you can't do much but play on...

I actually stopped playing because this happened to me two deaths in row on a 5 and 7 day old character. I've been playing at 22 fps tho and i'm afraid the temptattion of playing it on a capable machine will be too big next week when the parts for my new computer get here.

Ya... I'm playing again... LOL, I held out for about 45 min.

An interest thing I noticed. When this hacker was hitting me, I was seeing this blue writing (side channel) on the bottom left saying "blah blah blah, cease fire".

We just noticed that we saw it again at 12:45AM PST on the same server US 236. The player involved in the cease fire message was "Lance Claymore". I went into the lobby and noticed that the player in the number 2 slot "Tyler" is listed as both a survivor and "group leader". My knowledge of Arma 2 leads me to believe that this character can see everyone else's position on the map. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

OK. Same Server, 1:10AM. My Friend JestyrSavvyn is killed in Berezino by a guy with a silenced gun when NO ONE was around (no footsteps). Literally 30 seconds later, I am killed by a guy who must have telied right on top of me, because I heard his footsepts about 1 sec before he lit me up with a suppressed weapon. I was proned under a pine tree. I was about 5 KM away east of Olsha in the middle of no where. I know there is no proof here, but after a night of nothing but blatant hacks on this server, one could only be suspicious. Admin, please look into this.

In the meantime, I need to find a hobby.

I've been playing on 236 regularly and enjoying the server, it runs pretty smoothly and all. Tonight I ran into a guy who was a bit suspicious as well though. It was around the same time you're mentioning, I was in a fairly out of the way place, not super concealed or anything but a place I wouldn't expect to run into someone randomly. I was looking at my map when some one said "BLEHHHH!!!" over voice in game, switched back to see a guy standing right in front of me. I had an m107, I admit I'm pretty new to the game but I shot at him about 5x when he was directly infront of me (using third person) and seemingly missed every shot or else it did no damage. He started saying "yo friendly dude" and in a bid to buy time and figure out what was going on I started talking to him. He told me he was just trying to scare me or something and was laughing about it. I then (probably stupidly but hey it's dayz!) tried to shoot him again, same deal either missed him entirely (he was RIGHT infront of me but maybe sniper guns shoot wildly point blank?) and then that time he shot me.

Now I don't know that he was hacking, I admit I'm not totally familiar with the gun and I did get a kick out of him but the whole scenario seemed a bit odd to me because #1, I had an m107 and this guy had me totally unawares. You'd think he'd probably want it and not stand DIRECTLY infront of me. He told me he saw me scoped and jumped infront of the scope when he said "BLEHHHH" although in reality i was checking my map, but that just seems pretty suspicious to me to show no fear at all like that. Secondly, he still didn't shoot back after I shot at him the first time. Maybe he knew the gun is inaccurate as fuck at that range, but it all seemed a bit odd to me. Also, lastly the fact that he found me to begin with, though to be fair I got the m107 off a guy I'd found randomly in an off the beaten path area myself.**

**I just noticed that you said you were near lake prud, I was actually north east of that area across the road. he was carrying an m4cco at the time i died as well, probably yours. no weird mask though.

Any ways I just thought I'd share, and if the dude reads this and wasn't hacking then I apologize, the whole thing just seemed very suspicious. I did get a laugh out of the whole thing though, I'm glad people act goofy on this game and keep it fun (just without hacks pls).

If you shot him with an M107, point blank, he would be dead. There are 3rd person crosshairs on that server, so I doubt you would miss. I have been killed by players dozens of times playing Dayz, you kind of know the difference between a hacker spawning 2m away from you and hatcheting you and a REAL pvp encounter. To get killed by hackers TWICE last night was turrrrrible. I hope on Admin can check the logs and confirm.

Yeah I figured, and my friend had actually shot a guy in a similar sort of engagement with a m107 the day before, 3rd person crosshairs a few feet away. I'm also not that new, been playing a couple months now, just new to that gun, and the whole thing just seemed totally off. I'm fairly confident this guy was probably the same guy, or at least another hacker, especially since it was in the same general area as well and same time. Hopefully he was just passing through or the admin can do something about it, unfortunately I have no idea who it may have been.

Edited by Bororm

Well, it happened again.

Server: US 236

Location: Just East of Lake Prud in the field at a Helo Crash

Time: 10:04PM PST

Latest Beta, Latest Dayz, Latest BE (obviously useless)

What Happened: God Mode Hatcheting player teleported directly behind me, Dima Karpa, and my bud JestyrSaavy and hatcheted both of us, taking about 4 shots from a M4a1 CCO and more than a clip of MP5SD. After killing me, he calmly picked up my CCO while Jestyr unloaded on him. He then teleported behind Jestyr and killed him as well. This exact thing happened to me 5 days ago.

I didn't have FRAPS on this time, but this dude had some custom skin, it looked like a mask on his face.

I absolutely hate to say it, but the hackers won. I can't continue playing this game. Its not a matter of loot, its not a matter of guns, all of that is replaceable, but part of the fun of this game is making progress with your buds, and when you get killed by some dickless hacker every 3 days, and spend half of your time running through the woods to regroup with your buds, the entire game becomes a frustrating and epic waste of time.

BattleEye is the most worthless piece of software I have ever seen. The system of banning BY SERVER instead of having master Ban List that blacklists IPs and GUIDs from the Hive is useless, as a hacker gets banned from one, they just move on to the next. In fact, I'm pretty certain that wouldn't help because these a**holes have probably found a way to generate random GUIDs.

I can deal with the bugs, I can deal with the broken zombies, tents, guns, backpacks, vehicles, servers. Whatever. Sh*t happens. But these hackers could very well be the end of an amazing project.

Their was a suggestion to fix hacking that might have worked but the Devs wouldn't have anything to do with it the suggestion was that they make ranked and non ranked servers so all the hackers screw around on the the unranked ones so they won't bother the legit people it sounded really good also.

I've gotten some PMs about the silenced teleporting hacker. We weren't the only ones. And today, the clan on US 236 is kicking people. 39/40 20 seconds later - kicked. So not only are they kicking for friends, but they haven't responded to this post. I do not recommend this server.

Damn that really sucks, it is a pain for me to find a server with a good ping because I'm in Hawaii. I've been enjoying the relative stability of 236, I'm gonna stick with it until something actually happens to me but I had a feeling something like this might happen. That's always the problem of privately owned servers imo. I hope when the game gets developed more and goes standalone they do a model similar to mmos with official servers. I haven't had any issues yet with the server but it doesn't sound good, we'll see what happens.