ninami

At this stage, DayZ is not playable.

Not playable you say? Good thing it's still in ALPHA TESTING

Love these kind of posts. It's in Alpha, which means they need players to test the game. And when it's not playable because all the hackers just kill everything, you can't test it.

Your logic fails you...

I agree, the cheating needs to stop. I've been blown up, killed by invincible people, etc. And for those still using the "it's an alpha" excuse, cheaters are preventing any of us from actually TESTING DayZ. Sure, this could be used a way to find loopholes and fix the hacking, but it still needs to be fixed soon.

Anyone can rent a server to run DayZ on but the server is going to suck if they have no idea what they're doing and just expect the provider to set it all up.

Not everyone with money is going to be a smart admin.

Cheating AND exploits. No fun, ruin all game play... And I can't even ban cheaters myself. I need to film them with huge drop in fps and in rather dangerous situations. And fill ticket afterwards in hopes that someone will punish them... Nope, not possible.

I guess I’ll have to wait a few months or a year for this mod to become finished enough. But oh well, I think I just forget about DayZ by then or get something else on my mind.

• Like 1

Not playable you say? Good thing it's still in ALPHA TESTING

Read the OP.You imbecile.

I've encountered one cheater in all of my month of playing, its nonplayable for YOU.

Yeah the game is perfect.There is no hackers in this game.Just because you were lucky.Fucking imbecile.

at the moment there are cheaters on the DE 275, helicopter spawned they were flying a huey and spawned a littlebird, they basically spawned the littlebird in the forest, fail spawn as it couldnt fly away but hey thats the IQ of cheaters, first cheaters we run into. They landed next to our camp and rushed it, somehow they found it? dont know how, and then people got killed left and right even when they were hiding in bushes and behind trees, perfect aim. one of our guys tried to sneak up on the chopper to steal it, and he got killed right away, hmm?

please implement side channel again lol, no point of removing it

EDIT: the names are, Helmut, Dirt and waluschnig or thats what we suspect, logs should be able to be checked or something. on DE 275

could the devs also add a who killed who ?

Edited by Zyfer

Ran into the first bit of hackers tonight. Everyone on the server simultaneously had their legs broken. I guess we're lucky that we had morphine on us and that they stopped at that.

Same thing happened in 2 different Los Angeles servers for me.

I was in the middle of absolute nowhere and I found a corpse. I dropped my hatchet to take this Enfield and it was empty, I dropped the Enfield to reclaim my Hatchet and it had fallen through the ground. I then noticed the Enfield slide into the ground too.

Why me?!

Hackers are a problem.

Everyone knows they are a problem.

The developers are working on a resolution.

This is not news to anyone.

Quit being such a fucking drama queen about it.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Hackers are a problem.

Everyone knows they are a problem.

The developers are working on a resolution.

This is not news to anyone.

Quit being such a fucking drama queen about it.

By reading your reply, I assume that you've never played a game in Alpha nor Beta stage.

When people develop new games, and release the Alpha or Beta version to the public, they do it because they need and want feedback. This might be hard for you to understand since you're probably one of those who just post garbage for the sake of it.

But without posts on the forums and without testers like us, they wouldn't know what to change and what people want. I guess you're just that small minded so you can't understand that by posting this thread, I'm helping to make this a better game. Unlike you who just posts immature posts for no reason. Grow up and try not to be so useless.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet that most of you who think you have seen hackers or have died to what you think are hackers are just really bad at this game. I've played for months and never seen a hacker yet.

I'm willing to bet that most of you who think you have seen hackers or have died to what you think are hackers are just really bad at this game. I've played for months and never seen a hacker yet.

At the moment there are no explosive charges in the game, still buildings blow up, seems legit?

Invisible players talking on the intercom and shooting you in the face from point-blank range, seems legit?

Helicopters flying around even though they removed helicopters a while ago, seems legit?

Just because you're lucky enough to avoid hackers, doesn't mean they don't exist. How can you be so naive?

I've been playing Dayz for about a month now. There's some bugs with dropping stuff, looting, zombie aggro and a lot of other stuff. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that it's Alpha and these buggs are not a problem for me.

BUT!

All of the sudden, cheaters increased with HUGE numbers. I mean my regular server was on fire, corpses everywhere and invisible players talking on the intercom. I changed server and took about 15 minutes before I saw 2 buildings explode and kill about 2-3 players.

I've posted 3 posts on the "Cheat reporting" section, all different servers.

What I'm trying to say is, the game is unplayable because of all the cheaters. It's not even fun anymore... I create a new character and find some nice weapons, only to die from cheaters/hackers and lose everything. Priority number one for the dev team is to get a working anti-cheat system. Because right now, cheaters own this mod...

That made all my friends quit.

after a few hours of testing, I can confirm that the game is playable

I play Day Z my way I enjoy it, that's the point I think.

Hackers play it their way, they enjoy it.

I don't see how they enjoy pissing people off but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Fuck them don't rise to it by raging. Isn't that what they want?

By reading your reply, I assume that you've never played a game in Alpha nor Beta stage.

He didn't played OFP or ARMA I either. Same story. Hackfest was fixed only by private servers where you can play with people you know and trust. And can kick/ban players if they doing something that they should not. If you played on public servers by then - you agreed to play with hackers. Point is... Quite simply actually. Nobody going to play on the server where admin is a complete douche. And nobody going to play on server where hackers spoiling your every attempt to have fun. You just leave and not going back. I don't know why Rocket decided to avoid such policy and invent a wheel on his own.

Edited by Jimmy Rustlers

I don't know why Rocket decided to avoid such policy and invent a wheel on his own.

Because private servers break DayZ. Why is that such an incredibly difficult concept?

You can't develop a cruel, harsh, punishing and uncertain world if people just fill it with their friends and neighbors. That doesn't work. The game breaks. It's not DayZ anymore.

Why would he pour all of this effort into creating a game specifically to create an experience, and then immeidately develop a server hosting strategy that undermines the entire design?

When people develop new games, and release the Alpha or Beta version to the public, they do it because they need and want feedback.

By reading your reply, I assume that you've never been to these forums before.

This issue is well known. The developers have responded. There are many posts every day on the topic. Some of them are reasonable and respectful. Others make ridiculously asinine claims like "the game is unplayable" which add nothing to the conversation and don't help the developers track down the issue. It's needless drama in an attempt to garner attention.

Notice the sticky at the top that advises posters to search before posting?

Hackers are a problem. Everyone knows it. They're working on it. The issue is not so bad as to make the game unplayable. In 600+ hours I have seen one hacker.

So, spare me your righteous indignation, please.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Because private servers break DayZ. Why is that such an incredibly difficult concept?

You can't develop a cruel, harsh, punishing and uncertain world if people just fill it with their friends and neighbors. That doesn't work. The game breaks. It's not DayZ anymore.

Why would he pour all of this effort into creating a game specifically to create an experience, and then immeidately develop a server hosting strategy that undermines the entire design?

Sorry mate but this bullshit out of someone's mouth. Try to think on your own.

I play on public server and half of people there know each other. With some effort we can fill whole server with our ranks so this is not the case. We work together, help each other and kill any others on sight. Private servers don't break DayZ nor do team play. Who told you that DayZ is solo game? You assumed this because you like to play alone? Fine by me but don't tell people that this is the way this mod supposed be played. So far only hacking and exploits ruin the game for me.

Edited by Jimmy Rustlers

I wasn't aware that players running around spawning choppers, jets, weapons, enabling godmode, turning players into animals, teleporting themselves, teleporting other players, aimbotting, ESP hacking, nuking towns, and killing entire 50 man servers with the press of a button was part of the intended game experience.

Let's evaluate which is the bigger problem: server admins who create a private experience and give themselves a farming advantage over normal players and/or possibly compromise their own Dayz experience by "only playing with people they know", or every public server becoming infected with people who can kill the entire server population and destroy combined months worth of game progress with the press of a single button?

Which is an easier problem to manage through the already-implemented blacklisting procedure? Which situation has more immediate, far-reaching and negative reprecussions on the Dayz community?

I really hope some of the people posting in this thread have no real life responsibility toward anyone else, or are in a decision-making position at any level in society.

EDIT: Read that you are a project manager. If your company is public, I would appreciate if you would inform me of its name so I can short sell it.

Edited by deathTouch

Most of my deaths have been from hackers, teleport behind you and kill you. It's pretty common to see a whole server get wiped in a few mins due to a couple hackers coming on and killing everyone.

I'll admit, I love DayZ but I've stopped playing for the moment, between the hackers, the duplication bugs, and the bugs causing you to loose item's.... it's not really all that playable if you want to do much more than pvp around the starting areas with whatever you happen to find quickly.

• Like 1