Sign in to follow this  
helder3000

Can't play online... I start with no gun? 9999 ping on 90% of the servers

Hello, I recently just bought arma II combined operations just to play Day Z and apperently when I went on the site and downloaded it with the Six launcher. As I looked, I saw all ... well not all but most servers have 9999 pings. Another issue that I have is that I look at youtube and I see you start off with a gun while I don't... Only bandages and some other things... and the last thing is when I see gameplay on youtube. The "Chat" is blue. While mine is green. An example would be I would type "/" then say Hello, I would get a green text... And on youtube. Everyone has blue. And also on my sscreen. It is constantly saying someone has died. Not the same person but over time. It will say like EX: Helder3000 was killed

Bob123 was killed (4 minutes later).... And also I can't find anyone in the server. IT says people are on but I spend 3 hours looking at a 50/50 server. I find no one. Can someone help me? I 've already deleted the @Day z folder and re installed the mod using six launcher D:

The gun was removed as of lately to make the beginning more challenging. The ping on servers is buggy, so just try to join one near your location. Blue chat is global chat, this is rarely turned on anymore.\

All in all everything sounds fine with your install, you just seem to be experienceing something different that you expected ;) Which sucks.

Edited by Sumdum

I see. may I ask why no one reply's to me in game? and Also I can't access my map. I press m and Even though on my menu, map is selected.. it seems just.. black...

Dude, you are so lucky. My install took me several weeks to work on. Oh my gosh. You do not know how lucky you are. I can't even join a game as of now

I see. may I ask why no one reply's to me in game? and Also I can't access my map. I press m and Even though on my menu, map is selected.. it seems just.. black...

Dude, you actually have to find a map. Them you can use it

No one replies because there's a range to direct chat. You have to use , and . to switch to direct channel chat and then you can speak with people at maybe 40m. It's fairly annoying at first, but heed some advice, you won't meet very many friendlies anyways.

wow haha okay. Now it makes sense. Ithes 9999 ping actually my network. Or times its usually like 60% 9999 ping. But okay. Also i can find food n stuff but actually where do u find bandages..... I apperently keep dieing due to bleed outs n it is very hard to play while uur screen is blurry. Ps im on my vita typing this so sorry if u see alot of grammar mistakes.

I think hospitals are the only trusty place to find blood packs. Maybe high end locations like miltitary bases and helicopter crashes, but not familiar enough myself.

Edited by Sumdum

If I could only find those places XD I am mostly lost in the woods. Constantly checking my right and left shoulder for zombies. Not enemys lol I can't find any people XD

Six Updater sometimes has 9999 ping for me too. It's not a major issue. You must be using a firewall (I use ESET Internet Security) which Six Launcher sometimes not able to deal with. If you use ingame server browser, I can be positively sure you'll see normal ping detection. Try restarting SixLauncher, helps sometimes.

As for the guns, yeah, no guns given at start now.

Semi spolier if you want to just experience the game for a while, but all things considered, you really need to check out this map or a better one early on. It's quite literally the only way to figure out at first if you're wasting you're time going somewhere or not.

http://dayzmap.info/

Semi spolier if you want to just experience the game for a while, but all things considered, you really need to check out this map or a better one early on. It's quite literally the only way to figure out at first if you're wasting you're time going somewhere or not.

http://dayzmap.info/

LOL people still use that map? god its bad. Do yourself a favor http://dayzdb.com/map

Would recommend for you to watch the videos at the DayZ GuideZ channel. I keep them up to date, so none of those "see people with weapon at start" videos.

wow haha okay. Now it makes sense. Ithes 9999 ping actually my network. Or times its usually like 60% 9999 ping. But okay. Also i can find food n stuff but actually where do u find bandages..... I apperently keep dieing due to bleed outs n it is very hard to play while uur screen is blurry. Ps im on my vita typing this so sorry if u see alot of grammar mistakes.

Your screen is blurry because of the 3D Res in the video settigs, match it with your screen res and it should go away.