Justin619

what exactly is end game in dayz?

You want to learn? I will teach you.

Metagaming is a broad term usually used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.

In simple terms, it is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Metagaming

Hahaha, oh wow, I was hoping you'd do that.

Might wanna read the "Games" section of that wikipedia article

Hoping I would do what? Provide you with a definition that you asked for?

My solo end game goes like this:

I want to setup base, have my own car and then find plenty of weapons and supplies to go south and equip new players - I feel this would keep me going and enjoying the game, possibly even a taxi service to help those without means of transport. The trick is not to get shot so possibly give out guns without ammo and then dropping them off and telling them to loot a certain body for the ammo and by then I'm gone....

Dont be silly. This game never ends.

Cant believe people still dont know what end game content is. It is not the end of the game. It is content for those that have achieved their goals and want more.

Hoping I would do what? Provide you with a definition that you asked for?

Hoping that you'd quote that definition from wikipedia, which is really not what metagaming means in a computergame context, therefore implying that you are actually the one who doesn't know what metagame means

Just read the games section of that article

I'm pretty sure to have an end game you need a start game and a middle game, neither of which are finished yet....

:-S

If your tent is getting looted, find a better place to hide a tent. Mine has been untouched by other players for 2 weeks now. You just have to be willing to travel farther to get to it. Put your tent in a place that requires more effort to get to than the average player is going to be willing to make, and your odds of it being safe from looters goes up exponentially.

Farm act 3 inferno.

lol..

think of it like if you were your character in real life, if you had everything to survive the next step would be get a vehicle... maybe kill some ppl in the process?

and getting a vehicle is harder then you think.

Edited by Dronax

Hoping that you'd quote that definition from wikipedia, which is really not what metagaming means in a computergame context, therefore implying that you are actually the one who doesn't know what metagame means

Just read the games section of that article

There is nothing wrong with that definition in relation to computer games and I posted the link because I didn't wan't to spam the board with everything on that page, looks like I should have though.

End-game is when you get bored. You can un-end-game at any time though.

This.

A while ago, I had everything I could possibly want. It does get really boring. You pretty much have nothing to do other than kill other players... which get boring too. I'm definitely enjoying the game a lot more now that I've died.

There is nothing wrong with that definition in relation to computer games and I posted the link because I didn't wan't to spam the board with everything on that page, looks like I should have though.

"In simple terms, it is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions."

"Within actual entertainment games, the term metagame is used to describe [...] a game system layered over the game system, to increase enjoyable complexity [...]"

Are you trying to troll me?

Hint: a word's meaning depends on the context

Edited by Elo

End Game is the term used to determine the best-of-the-best equipment/gear you can get so that you can't get any better.

Right, but this isn't WoW. Even if you have the best equipment the game doesn't STOP. If you die, you lose it all. You choose to either STOP playing or continue.

Right, but this isn't WoW. Even if you have the best equipment the game doesn't STOP. If you die, you lose it all. You choose to either STOP playing or continue.

Because WoW "stops" when you have the best equipment

End game for dayz is whatever you make it. For me it is making friends with everyone on the server.

It hasn't been implemented yet as this is an alpha test. Rocket has said it's coming although when it does it probably wont be what you're expecting. This isn't world of warcraft, afterall.

No end game?

DayZ bucket list.

Have you found a vehicle and repaired it .... then gone joy riding?

Have you tried playing at night?

Have you found a boat, then popped out to the islands to see what's there?

Have you explored the map and visited all the points of interest?

Have you discovered and raided a camp in the middle of nowhere?

Have you set up your own camp?

Have you stolen a vehicle?

Have you found and looted a crashed helicopter?

Have you spotted survivors running in the woods, and instead of killing them, stalked them all the way back to their camp?

Have you tried joining a community and playing in a squad?

Have you robbed someone at gun point and only taken their flashlight?

Have you died and lost your "amazing" gear and started again?

• Like 1