Justin619

what exactly is end game in dayz?

you know, after 1 or 2 days alive, im pretty decked out.. got an amazing backpack, NVG, a dmr, and a m16.. and pretty much everything else that youd need or want..i got a friend that i play with and hes mostly decked out too. wev tried hiding a tent and collecting more loot and of course it gets found but this isnt a rant thread. the point is, i dont know what to do in dayz anymore. sure some can argue that i could join a clan or find and repair a vehicle. but mainly the point is to collect gear and everything without dying. afterall, if you never lost items we would all be pretty bored right? alot of people are always arguing over bandits and killing people but as far as i can see, end game is all about just killing players.. once you have everything you want, your dream gun and about 8 mags for it, all there really is to do is murder everyone in sight. this could explain why all the people complaining about dying is just the people that never reach "end game"

thoughts?

There is none. Its an anti-game experiment so go out and experiment, whether alone or with friends.

the word "endgame" makes me seriously laugh. Quiet possibly the dumbest conception ever. Here, let's make people slog through our shitty game to get to the good content "at the end".

Honestly - the first thing I'll do when I find a decent setup (and I did, but I skipped the M107 due to lack of space) is go player hunting for people camping the coast for newbies. Nothing like killing a griefer.

• Like 2

Go kill other players or continue to loot.

Aye, not many options. Maybe shoot up an entire town? Blow through some ammo?

endgame is death . but there are many things you can still do . You can become a bandit or explore the map even more .

• Like 3

The point is to stop thinking of it as a shooter or loot collecting game and do whatever you want. There are hundreds of threads discussing this topic.

• Like 1

Most people camp survivors for fun.

Those people are assholes.

Don't be an asshole.

Hunt them.

• Like 2

Killing everyone in sight is not an end game. Open ended survival means open ended survival not, "oh geez, I have nice things now... TIME TO MURDER PEOPLE!"

In other words to people with that mentality:

You+see+this+is+why+your+people+have+a+reputation+_8b092e0052efdd1e29b9e717b656aad2.jpg

end game is when youve reached all of your goals and got the best gear.. i dont mean a credits screen now. youre at the end of the game and like some of you have suggested, just kill people.

Killing everyone in sight is not an end game. Open ended survival means open ended survival not, "oh geez, I have nice things now... TIME TO MURDER PEOPLE!"

In other words to people with that mentality:

You+see+this+is+why+your+people+have+a+reputation+_8b092e0052efdd1e29b9e717b656aad2.jpg

It because this site likes to mess links up for whatever reason.

end game is when youve reached all of your goals and got the best gear.. i dont mean a credits screen now. youre at the end of the game and like some of you have suggested, just kill people.

This is for people with the attention span of a goldfish who need 100% action packed garbage every 10 seconds.

Also known as the current generation of kids.

Endgame is really what you want it to be.

If you want the Endgame for yourself to be determinded by 'best gear' then by all means.

End game for me is getting a chopper, blowing up the Airfield and saying fuck all to that accursed place. Maybe Starry also.

That goal is still far off, but hopefully not for awhile.

I have the best of everything, so I just respawn.. And earn it all back, it's all the experiences gaining the stuff that I enjoy.

• Like 1

This is for people with the attention span of a goldfish who need 100% action packed garbage every 10 seconds.

Also known as the current generation of kids.

youre just an asshole. just playing this game is anything but 100% action. the point im trying to make is theres nothing else literally to do besides kill people. and tbh, ALOT of people do this once theyre decked out on gear. which means youre calling most people who play dayz kids with the attention span of a goldfish. pvp is part of the game and i dont believe you can make above comment just because i wanna kill people once i have gear.

There isn't an 'endgame' yet. So just do whatever you want. Kill people, fix cars, set up a camp, help noobs on the coast, become a medic, etc. The mod is still a long way from being done. Rocket is trying to get the core of the game working before he goes and adds an endgame. Rest assured that it'll be added when the time is right.

There is no end game and never will be one. This is a Sandbox game just like Eve Online or Star Wars Galaxies. It's up to the players to make it up as they go. End game only happens in Theme Park games like WoW or SWTOR.

Edited by SIMJEDI

i say it all comes down to your definition of endgame, but there really isn't one.

This isn't your typical story driven game..

However, this is your story! You create the story and determine your own fate.

Right now, above ground camps are pretty much pointless considering the size of Chernarus is actually pretty small for a game of Day Z's design; your camp will always be found.

So I'm waiting on better camps, then my "end game" will be to survive there.

Edited by Powell

I would like this game to remain the way it is, in it's open endedness.

But I would like to see some form of... extra content that encourages survivors or bandits to team up.

Maybe where survivors could work to restoring the power grid for major cities/towns so you'd get some form of light at nights, and bandits would work against that.

Or, where you have to band with other survivors to fight off massive invasions of zombies

Or, maybe even the military steps in to try and eradicate all players/zombies in the country, and you have to fight them off, with the reward being military loot (maybe common military loot like M16's, AKM's, etc)

There has to be some form of incentive to keep you playing past a certain time. The game is still fun to me, and a lot of people here.

But what about in another 6 months? A year? 2 years? (Assuming of course everyone doesn't move to DayZ on Arma 3 by then)