VIkola

Optimization mods + DayZ?

Hey guys, I just got Arma II CO and my framerate isn't the best, but it's playable. I probably get a steady 20 fps or something around there. The major problem I believe is vegetation, though. When playing the DayZ mod, it would drop to maybe 10 fps when I'm looking at a field of plants swaying in the wind. When I look to the sky, it may increase to about 40 fps. So I tried installing a mod that helps that: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7251

But when I tried to join a server, it wouldn't let me on because it was installed.

IX3bd.jpg

It says to either remove them or install additional accepted keys. Is there any way to have this work with DayZ or any other mods that will help and work?

Thanks in advance, guys. :)

You cant have those mods cause its basically cheating

So no mod would help my fps with DayZ?

lowest settings mod is what you are after.

No addons are allowed with @DayZ, all servers have verify sig check on to disallow other addons.

I suggest having object detail turned down low to assist with fps.

LoL at trying to remove grass and vegetation....that'd be an A+ hack as far as DayZ is concerned....see everyone with no chance for them to hide.

Building a better PC is an option...removing all ability for people to hide from you is not!