Sign in to follow this  
NeptuneVA

Looking for Mentor

Hello!

I'm fairly new to DayZ, and have little experience with Arma 2. I'm seeking an experienced player who has the patience to help a noob out. I am 17 and I own a mic, I am also a swift learner so it shouldn't be to hard to teach me. Thanks

Steam: NeptuneVA

1. Once The further away from the coast you are the less of a chance you have to run into murders and bandits. The exception being the airfields, and the Western portion of the landmass is more dense with players.

2. Don't travel on the main roads, not only are you exposed for miles but you also make a lot more noise for nearby zombies. The roads are often the primary place snipers watch for victims.

3. Don't siloet yourself. Travel on hills when its forrested, but not on the peak itself and especially not at night. Always be mindful of exposing yourself visually.

4. Mistrust everyone. Not to say go out and shoot everyone you see, but if your spotted by them at range assume they will be hostile. Remember, you scare them just as much as they scare you, they have no idea what your intentions are and the same thoughts are flooding through their minds too. Even worse, murders won't hesitate to shoot you with puts you at a further disadvantage. If your going to try and find someone outside of a clan to team up with, do it early when you spawn. That way you won't suffer such a setback if they do kill you.

5. Once you get a Canteen, it should replace your need for sodas. All you need to do is go up to any body of water apart from the ocean, and fill it up via right clicking on on it on your gear screen. Also, always carry 2-3 packs of bandages and food with you.

Edited by Cheeseburger
  • Like 1