Snakeman (DayZ)

Q. Can zombies open doors?

Hi guys,

I've been playing a few days now and I'm addicted (its 2 in the morning ffs!).

Inevitable noob questions:

1. Until now I've avoided Cherno and Electo; before I embark upon these charming locations I must know:

If I run down a road and into a building closing the door, will any pursuing zombies be able to open it?

2. If you have a primary and secondary weapon (rifle and pistol), is there a quick way of switching to hatchet without losing the primary?

(I have the starting backpack)

Thanks in advance, I did a search and couldn't find the answer to the first question so apologies for any reposting.

1. Until now I've avoided Cherno and Electo; before I embark upon these charming locations I must know:

If I run down a road and into a building closing the door, will any pursuing zombies be able to open it?

Yes, or just walk through the walls, or floor, or... meh, you get the point.

1. Zombies believe doors are too mainstream and as such they avoid opening them and prefer to vibrate their molecules fast enough to phase through the door. (No.)

2. If you had another backpack, you could put your firearm primary in it and take the hatchet off of your toolbelt, allotting it automatically to your primary slot. You do not have this backpack. (No.)

They don't open doors... they walk through them lol.

If you open a door for a zombie, he'll close it so that they can continue walking through it.

you wouldnt believe the things they can do

(including swimming)

Zombies behavior = :facepalm:

lol there is so much funny posts I dont have enough beans to give to you all.

I dont have anything to add as you said everything I wanted to say :lol:

Edited by DooM4MR

Hello there

Zed will open (walk through) doors and can hit you through walls as well.

They can also climb ladders.

Basically wherever you can go, they can follow, after some time.

Be careful hotswapping weapons when you have no free slots left. Backpacks/tents/the inventory has a habit of *eating* weapons.

rgds

LoK

Yeah they pretty much do anything, saw one walk through barb wire, so pretty much assume they'll get through it

Thanks guys, that figures.

If zombies are walking through walls I'll hold off entering the city until I find a proton-pack :/

It won't get fixed anytime soon, bite the bullet and raid the town. get your experience looting towns now before you get any real good gear. also don't get attached to your stuff. you will lose it eventually.