vladi009

Dayz-is it worth it

Im considering spending 20 dollars for Arma OP and free arma 2

and i have few questions.

How popular the game is?

How many players and lag can i expect if im playing from israel?

Does playing with low graphics becouse of free arma 2 really matters?

Final question-Is the mod really that worth it and as great as it sounds?

1,604 users active in the past 15 minutes (374 members, 18 of whom are invisible, and 1,229 guests).

Does this answer your question?

It did but i need an answer for all my questions since im considering

to pay money for the arma

I 'obtained' Operation Arrowhead just for this mod. I don't regret it.

Graphics is simply a preference, I heard the game is 'unoptimized' and has FPS issues like crazy as I do.

Default players slots is 50.

Joining servers is an issue at the moment but I'll give you a typical example from earlier today, I started the game up and joined a server that was setting up, at the time I joined only 6 players were on the server, it was full within 30 seconds (40 players).

The mod is very popular and I'm not surprised once you do get into a game, it's very good, even for an alpha.

I never played arma 2 before. I bought the game i havn't really played anything else lately. So yes its worth every penny.

I just played my first game last night, ended up playing for over 4 hours before a player killed me at the airfield ( was looking for better weapons, should have just kept the crossbow and 6 bolts )

But almost every server had over 20 people, and even more were full

100% worth it, made me come back to ARMA. Been playing DayZ and PR ever since, I haven't even touched TF2 in 3 days! Something is wrong! Oh yaaaaaaaaa DAYZ ROCKS THATS WHY!

Oh yes def worth it, but remember, it's still only alpha and so can be buggy...........go for it!

I had bought Arma II retail long ago

I bought Arma II + Arrowhead on steam just for DayZ

not a single regret. greatest mod ever, can't wait till it gets properly tweaked

How popular the game is?

Over 7000 playing right now and roughly 10 times more active players and its growing very fast.

How many players and lag can i expect if im playing from israel?

In terms of lag this game works so that most euro or us can play on the others servers no problem so you should have no issues playing on euro servers.

Theres is no servers in Israel at this very moment but things are going fast.

Does playing with low graphics becouse of free arma 2 really matters?

Well I bought every ARMA2 thing to get best details but its fine without. Would get the arma2+OA thought so you get the vast majority of textures - its 30 bucks or so on steam etc..

Final question-Is the mod really that worth it and as great as it sounds?

Hellz to the yeah... best mod I've ever seen.

Of course it's worth it.

I generally disliked Arma before Dayz, but now I have learnt the controls I have gotten into it quite massively.

I picked the game up after the internet hype and people at work raving about it. I can't stress enough how much this mod lives up to the hype. It's hard to believe that in 2012 people like Rocket are still creating new video game genres. This game is amazing.

That being said. This mod is in alpha, there will be bugs, there will be lag, you will be dropped from servers, you will spend a long time trying to get into servers. Is it still worth it? Beyond a doubt.

There is nothing like this out on the market, and I don't know about you, but this is the game I've been craving all my life. It's why I loved Fallout, Elder Scrolls, etc. but they didn't quite meet the goal, because of NPCs and no other PCs.

It's not about the zombies. It's about being thrown into a world and it coming down to the survival of the fittest.

It's a good game.

But I am mad that I wasted my money. I can't even play it. I am either waiting for a server response that is non existant or running into game breaking bugs.

Depends on what you're looking for. This game is very hard, and can be very tense. I just got it yesterday.

At first I spawned in, had no clue where I was at. I saw people talking in the chat trying to get a group together, but I had no bearings and failed to find them. So I started trying to explore a city I was by. Was okay for a couple minutes, until a zombie came upon me. Shot him, because my fps instincts tell me to, and within seconds 2 or 3 more starting running up. Shot them too, but seconds later 5 show up. From there I just start running, because I don't have the ammo for them. Tried to ditch them, ended up trying to hole up in a house only to be teared to shreds...

This happened again 3 more times. Maybe lived 20 minutes tops. So I respawn again, and I'm slowly making my way around the coast. I see another player 50 yards away from me, so I instantly go prone. Tried to tell him I'm friendly, but he starts shooting at me. I give him 3 shots, and then I decided to take him down. Luckily I came out the victor. As I was looting him, another friendly player happened to come up on me. He was much more experienced, and I started following his lead. From the coast we started traveling north, crouch running through the woods and keeping away from zombies. Tried to loot farms that we passed by. Met up with a friend of his. Couple times I lost them, which was really nerve wracking. I also ended up getting chased by 2 different zombie hordes when I was trying to be stealthy, but luckily they backed me up like pros.

I learned a lot from following their lead, and I've gotta say this game is great. However it is very hard, and very slow. At one point, I tried crawling into this town that had about 4 zombies wandering around the outside. Couldn't make it in, while one of the other team members managed to get in and loot a rifle for me.

The only thing that saddens me about this game, is that I can't have another character. We played until 4'ish in the am, and made plans to play tonight as well; But now I'm scared to log on, because I don't want to get killed or lose the spot we logged out at.

tl;dr: Slow paced most of the time, but very tense as well. Can only make one character, so you can't have one character with a group of friends and another playing a bandit. Overall very fun

Not regretting my purchase. I put in 25+ hours now in the past week on DayZ alone, its 30$ on steam and so far is a good use for my currency in my opinion. No regrets.

I 'obtained' Operation Arrowhead just for this mod. I don't regret it.

Graphics is simply a preference' date=' I heard the game is 'unoptimized' and has FPS issues like crazy as I do.

Default players slots is 50.

[/quote']

What do you mean, 'obtained'? o.0 Purchased?

I already owned ARMA2 Retail so purchased CO via steam Saturday, I already have 10+ hours and don't regret it!