Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

Has the AKM been Nerfed?

The title says it all - i have noticed that my AKM is no longer a 1 shot hero rifle.

have the Zeds been beefed up or has the AKM damage been reduced - any ideas or have i missed something?

A lot of changes have been made to the zombies recently, so it's quite possible that they were made stronger.. It's also possible that the AKM was also nerfed, but I don't know.

All the guns are vanilla, the damage of any guns haven't been nerfed or buffed, because DayZ or Arma 2 ain't some mmorpg where you just buff and nerf, its military simulator.

Actually, Rocket has nerfed a few guns already, and not all the guns in DayZ are vanilla.

Edited by -Ace-

Yeah i am pretty sure it is taking me at least 2 body shots to down a Zed. The only other alternative is that he has boosted Zeds near deer stands which is where i noticed it.

As for nerfing i am pretty sure Rocket has changed a few damage values to weapons

• Like 1

Yeah i am pretty sure it is taking me at least 2 body shots to down a Zed. The only other alternative is that he has boosted Zeds near deer stands which is where i noticed it.

As for nerfing i am pretty sure Rocket has changed a few damage values to weapons

Mate, are you sure that is an AKM? The 1911 pistol still kills zombies in one shot (so no change in their health) and the only gun that could be mistaken by an AKM is an AK-74 which deals less damage and requires you to shoot twice to kill a zombie.

Source: I played with a friend last night, I was using a 1911 and he had an AK-74 kobra. I was one shoting zombies, he had to shoot twice to stop them.

Edited by ArrThePirate

Theres is two types of Zombies.

Regular ones - Lower health/One shot with AKM

And then there's the better Zombie type

Military/Police Zombies which has more health than the average zombies.

• Like 1

Mate, are you sure that is an AKM? The 1911 pistol still kills zombies in one shot (so no change in their health) and the only gun that could be mistaken by an AKM is an AK-74 which deals less damage and requires you to shoot twice to kill a zombie.

Definitely an AKM. Like i said i have tested it out and unless i get the head it takes at least 2 shots to down a deer stand Zed. Do you reckon the soldier zombies have been boosted perhaps? I am all for it if that is the case.

I might head into town and try it on 'civilians' and see if it 1 shots them.

Theres is two types of Zombies.

Regular ones - Lower health/One shot with AKM

And then there's the better Zombie type

Military/Police Zombies which has more health than the average zombies.

Is this true? If so it makes sense.

yes, akm is 2 shots to a military zombie. they will often take a shot and fall over or crawl, then need another shot to be finished off. civi zombies are a joke

• Like 1

Well there you go - i never actually realised that military zeds are stronger.

I dont know why i never noticed before.

Cheers guys

Definitely an AKM. Like i said i have tested it out and unless i get the head it takes at least 2 shots to down a deer stand Zed. Do you reckon the soldier zombies have been boosted perhaps? I am all for it if that is the case.

I might head into town and try it on 'civilians' and see if it 1 shots them.

Well, shit...you are making me doubt now xD

I'm almost sure that I was 1 shoting military zombies last night with the 1911, but I'll try tomorrow again, maybe I'm thinking of normal zombies.

On another point i have noticed that if i log out with a half empty AKM clip when i relog on the next day the clip is full again.

Has anyone noticed other guns doing this?

Still doesn't make sense though, because I know for a fact I am dropping military zeds with one round from a .45ACP still (1911 or Revolver, doesn't matter). I haven't had any extra trouble with them. I can still drop the military zeds at the airfield with two 5.56 rounds to the chest, and that's always been that way. Can still kill them with a single headshot from a 9mm as well.

On another point i have noticed that if i log out with a half empty AKM clip when i relog on the next day the clip is full again.

Has anyone noticed other guns doing this?

Yes Demon. My M4A1 CCO SD is doing this. If I log out with any of the mags at less t han 30 rounds, I'll have a full mag again. I've purposely checked this by firing off about 5 rounds from each mag, and then logging off. When I came back, ALL of my magazines were full. No complaints here lol. I can't make it NOT happen, so until it's fixed it's not really an exploit. They have to fix it unfortunately.

• Like 1

Yes Demon. My M4A1 CCO SD is doing this. If I log out with any of the mags at less t han 30 rounds, I'll have a full mag again. I've purposely checked this by firing off about 5 rounds from each mag, and then logging off. When I came back, ALL of my magazines were full. No complaints here lol. I can't make it NOT happen, so until it's fixed it's not really an exploit. They have to fix it unfortunately.

Yes, a very handy feature at the moment.

Think of it as the Ammo Fairy - sister of the Loot Fairy who magically places loot everywhere. :)

I always assumed the military zeds had some form of body or flak armour, which is why they take 2 shots to drop from the smaller caliber weapons.

Larger caliber rounds just punch through the armour.