Sign in to follow this  
Sanimus

Confessions - I did it.. Server DC to avoid death

I'm ashamed to say that for the first time today I DC'd to avoid death. I was in Stary Sobor in the barracks in a gun fight.. I just picked up an assault rifle, got involved in a firefight and DC'd.

What a cowardly dirty tactic it was.. I reconnected straight away after realising how lame this tactic was.. guy was crawling up towards me, I shot him, he shot me, we both died. I'm sorry to whoever that was and I regret it. So not only did I DC I reconnected and killed him.

I vow from this point onwards to accept my deaths, and I'm glad his buddies are nearby to save his gear.. I hope you find my corpse and loot it for all it's got. One thing I did learn from this experience is that the game really does make you jump, it was such a pussy reaction to hit the Abort button. I hope Rocket comes up with a solution for this soon, although it's not really much of an excuse ;) I'm sure there are other people who have done the same and regret it so please share with a "I have learned my lesson."

Share your confessions if you have any, flame etc.. Sorry to that person in US 260, next time hopefully I'll put a bullet between your eyes without using exploits :thumbsup:

Edited by Sanimus
  • Like 8

You are one in 681,400.

I personally don't disconnect, but my characters life is the only thing that matters in this game.

Edited by nalta

I personally don't disconnect, but my characters life is the only thing that matters in this game.

I agree, I preserved my characters life for quite some time - think this one was about a week old. I was quite attached to him but I felt that was such an unsatisfactory end to his life, would have much preferred him to have died in some epic firefight rather than a glitchy hopping mess of a death. :beans:

Edited by Sanimus

Confessions - I...killed my friend.

My friend had broken legs...and was laying in a barn waiting for me to run into town for morphine.

It seemed like such a grind for me. Sooo..I ran away so it had the effect of me running.

POPPED UP by the window of the barn, and CLING, crossbow'd him. Went back down.

"awww man i JUST GAWT killlt!!"

Aw...darn...what kind of a-hole did that... :'|

Edited by Gunnār
  • Like 5

At least you had the decency to admit it.

Now we can accept your douchery and move on.

There's an easy way to fix it: add a 10 second timer for logout after the abort button is pressed.

I'm ashamed to say that for the first time today I DC'd to avoid death. I was in Stary Sobor in the barracks in a gun fight.. I just picked up an assault rifle, got involved in a firefight and DC'd.

What a cowardly dirty tactic it was.. I reconnected straight away after realising how lame this tactic was.. guy was crawling up towards me, I shot him, he shot me, we both died. I'm sorry to whoever that was and I regret it. So not only did I DC I reconnected and killed him.

I vow from this point onwards to accept my deaths, and I'm glad his buddies are nearby to save his gear.. I hope you find my corpse and loot it for all it's got. One thing I did learn from this experience is that the game really does make you jump, it was such a pussy reaction to hit the Abort button. I hope Rocket comes up with a solution for this soon, although it's not really much of an excuse ;) I'm sure there are other people who have done the same and regret it so please share with a "I have learned my lesson."

Share your confessions if you have any, flame etc.. Sorry to that person in US 260, next time hopefully I'll put a bullet between your eyes without using exploits :thumbsup:

I dislike your bitchy move that reflects who are.

but as long as you don't do it again.

I've DCed only once, I was letting someone with a scoped rifle pass after attempting to call out friendly. I was laying low in a field outside of Electro and had him in my Enfield sights very often making sure he wasn't going to try anything. He finally noticed me and aimed at me. I tried my best to let him know I was friendly, but he just wouldn't take his sights off me. I panicked and DC'd thinking he intended to kill me. No shots where fiered and I don't know if i should feel fine with what I did or not.

In my opinion the best part about this game is the realism therein. If your reflex is to DC in the face of death instead of defend yourself then there is no way to fully appreciate and enjoy this world that Rocket has created for us.

• Like 1

In my opinion the best part about this game is the realism therein. If your reflex is to DC in the face of death instead of defend yourself then there is no way to fully appreciate and enjoy this world that Rocket has created for us.

Completely agree, I've died many times in PvP but this was my first time using disconnection tactics and it completely ruined the experience for me.. I think the perma-death is one of the best parts of this game.

Edited by Sanimus

Confession. I Dick Cheney'd my friend.

While fighting a rather large group of zombies he happened to get in the way of my double barrel 12 guage (aka i was shooting wildly) and i shot him in the back of the head. He totally ran into my 360 degree line of fire. Turned out the joke was on me. I had to wait 30 minutes for him to walk back.

• Like 1