Sign in to follow this  
wrathstar555

downloading trouble

Hello there, I'm having dayz installation downlaods. Here's my issue.

I followed this installation guide (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1808-guide-installation-guide-steam-retail-mixed-beta-common-errors/#entry18541 , I followed the steam installation one.) and I went onto the download site, went through mirror 1, SWE, downloaded all the filles, etc, and i did everything right. The only issue is, I had downloaded 1.60, not 1.61. Is there a fix to this, another download, SOME way that I can properly get a up to date version of DayZ? If someone could help me out, then that'd be great.

I did that, but here's the problem I have now. I can't seem to get the updater to run, about 5 seconds in, the thing says some long error message, basically saying it doesn't have internet access most likely because of the firewall. So i figured I'd allow the launcher, the updater gui, and the updater console to bypass firewall. It still gives me that message though, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. When i actually reach the dayz launch area with the server list, an error comes up that says

unhandled acception during sync

unable to connect to the remote server

any idea of what i can do?

upload a screenshot of the error message so we can see the problem.

make sure you got the latest microsoft net framework